Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#7501 Vika Yakovleva

Vika Yakovleva
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby 

They ignore everyone. The main thing is to choose your date and time and put down the deposit. I was then told to contact them closer to the wedding date but she did send me all the info I asked for regarding flowers, cake, ect.

Amanda thank you for responding. Do you think its possible for you to forward me that email with the different flowers, cake and menu options??? my email is Vika333@gmail.com  I just think you might be quicker then the resort hehe.  Again thank you!

#7502 tchahil

tchahil
    • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

This is the size of the gazebo that Gina sent to me:

Attached Files

#7503 mrskatieperry

mrskatieperry
      • 55 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hi all!  I'm getting married at Dreams on June 3rd.  My TA set up a phone meeting with Evangelina on Friday.  It was so nice to get to talk to her, and she was really "all over it".  She was very accomodating and sweet and understanding.  We are getting married on the North Beach at 4:00 PM and having the reception on the pool terrace at 6:00 PM.  I'm kind of hoping that 5:00 PM will open up for the ceremony and then we can have recept. at 7:00 PM.  Anyway, what does anyone know about the terrace?  I have found some pics but they aren't great.  I wanted the Pool Deck but someone else is getting married there and already reserved it...Boo!!

How's everyone's planning coming?

Katie

#7504 dimplesandsuga

dimplesandsuga
        • 154 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hi Ladies

I found another goodie and I thought I'd pass it along. My wedding colors are Royal Blue and Silver (with a flush of Fuschia for flair )  and I have been trying to find blue flowers that the resort would allow to be placed on the isle.  They are so picky about everything but I found biodegradable petals....IN A VARIETY OF COLORS.... HERE IS THE LINK!  HAPPY PLANNING!

http://www.confettid...ose_petals.html

#7505 dimplesandsuga

dimplesandsuga
          • 154 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Ok, I got too excited, they are in the UK...if you are over there then that's a plus for you, if not, I'm emailing to find out if they deliver to the US and if so, how much or if they have a US connection. YAY!

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga 

Hi Ladies

I found another goodie and I thought I'd pass it along. My wedding colors are Royal Blue and Silver (with a flush of Fuschia for flair )  and I have been trying to find blue flowers that the resort would allow to be placed on the isle.  They are so picky about everything but I found biodegradable petals....IN A VARIETY OF COLORS.... HERE IS THE LINK!  HAPPY PLANNING!

http://www.confettid...ose_petals.html

#7506 Vika Yakovleva

Vika Yakovleva
            • 64 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 

Hi all!  I'm getting married at Dreams on June 3rd.  My TA set up a phone meeting with Evangelina on Friday.  It was so nice to get to talk to her, and she was really "all over it".  She was very accomodating and sweet and understanding.  We are getting married on the North Beach at 4:00 PM and having the reception on the pool terrace at 6:00 PM.  I'm kind of hoping that 5:00 PM will open up for the ceremony and then we can have recept. at 7:00 PM.  Anyway, what does anyone know about the terrace?  I have found some pics but they aren't great.  I wanted the Pool Deck but someone else is getting married there and already reserved it...Boo!!

How's everyone's planning coming?

Katie

I am soo happy to hear that your impression of Evangelina on the phone has been all good.  I was getting a little worried due to lack of responses to emails, I have asked her for an over the phone appointment but no luck so far.  Do you know how many weddings a day the resorts hosts???  I am not noo happy with having a bunch of brides walking around on my wedding day (is that super selfish of me?) lol I was under the impression that they do a max of two weeding but reading this forum it seem more along the lines of 4 or 5. thank you

#7507 Kmarch85

Kmarch85
              • 58 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hey Everyone.

So I just wrapped up some final details with the WC Gina.  She has been super helpful and has also said okay to a lot of my changes.  

I am purchasing table over lays from:  http://www.linentablecloth.com/  They currently have a 20% off everything this Tuesday and Wednesday.  

I picked flower arrangement  Maya 23 for my center pcs.  It is the Random sizes of vases with white candles and red rose petals.  I switched to White Rose petals based on my color scheme.

Our Reception is on the Deck and since my family owns www.oogalights.com she is allowing me to bring my own paper lanterns and borrow her strand.

My travel agent and radio group are flying down there to scope some things out, take pictures, meet with Gina this week.  I'll post pictures.... Soon

Also - Dovi - Jason Maraz and Colbi Caillat will be down there playing with the group I am with!  So you will def be able to enjoy that.  There still may be one other band too.  

#7508 dimplesandsuga

dimplesandsuga
                • 154 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

THEY SHIP TO THE US!!!!!  And it won't cost you an arm and a leg. Its $14 unless you get a large bundle of rose petals.  Thought it would come in handy since we MUST use biodegradable confetti and isle petal trails....I hope this helps someone

Ok, I got too excited, they are in the UK...if you are over there then that's a plus for you, if not, I'm emailing to find out if they deliver to the US and if so, how much or if they have a US connection. YAY!

#7509 Dovibanana

Dovibanana
                  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

Congrats of being finished! Did she clarify which Deck you are on? I am finalizing things as well. I think I may go with an outside photog since no one has even contacted me from the one the hotel supplies. She quoted me for the centerpieces I want, 80 a piece, but I think Im gonna just do it myself. Hopefully not too much hastle.

As for Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat, that is awesome! Both great artists. I can not believe this is happening in a couple months!!! 

What are the cost of your lanterns? I found some for very cheap and want to compare.

Originally Posted by Kmarch85 

Hey Everyone.

So I just wrapped up some final details with the WC Gina.  She has been super helpful and has also said okay to a lot of my changes.  

I am purchasing table over lays from:  http://www.linentablecloth.com/  They currently have a 20% off everything this Tuesday and Wednesday.  

I picked flower arrangement  Maya 23 for my center pcs.  It is the Random sizes of vases with white candles and red rose petals.  I switched to White Rose petals based on my color scheme.

Our Reception is on the Deck and since my family owns www.oogalights.com she is allowing me to bring my own paper lanterns and borrow her strand.

My travel agent and radio group are flying down there to scope some things out, take pictures, meet with Gina this week.  I'll post pictures.... Soon

Also - Dovi - Jason Maraz and Colbi Caillat will be down there playing with the group I am with!  So you will def be able to enjoy that.  There still may be one other band too.  

#7510 Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane
                    • 91 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

I am in the UK.... anyone wants me to send them over to you i can! My email is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users