Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#7391 juliej84

juliej84
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:29 AM

I was under the impression that the guest bought the day pass and then you would pay the $65 for the reception. I guess it would be up to you if you wanted to pay for their day pass. I am not 100% on this so dont quote me, but I think that is what someone told me before. Let me know when you find out!

#7392 LindseyM

LindseyM
    • 380 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

I really want to hire Video Cancun for our videographer...their prices are much more reasonable than the resorts.  Do you know what the outside vendor policy is?  Has anyone had trouble with this?  Thanks!

Lindsey

#7393 cbandemer

cbandemer
      • 213 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

It would have to be more than 30 mins. Also you get the video for 30 mins so im assuming they would have to be around longer then too. I thought it said all day coverage??

Originally Posted by Kmarch85 

The ultimate package includes dinner reception for 20 people anything over that is I believe a 65 dollar fee for 2012. 

You will get a photographer for 30 mins in that package to take 50 photos.

You will need to contact Anel for additional photos.  I choose to book her for the whole day for 1400 for 200 photos plus my 50 included in package.

#7394 cbandemer

cbandemer
        • 213 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

We will have the video playing for people to see either on the main tv when you walk in or on teh projection screen. ALso will have photos under a protective plastic layer scattred on our island where all the dip and appetizers will be.Then we figured a DJ and mexican themed decorations and favors. We want something more casual and everyone is really excited for both. I figured maybe set up a sand type area with a funny beach background they can take photos by. What I have learned during this whole planning process is that you will never make everyone happy so just focus on what you want and what will make you happy. Just try to ignore the comments and remarks and everything will work out just fine.

Originally Posted by Tiny6812 

My fiance and I are having a 'Fiesta' as well! Have you thought about what kinds of activities you will do at the fiesta, or are you keeping it casual? My FMIL thinks we should make it this big formal event, and we'd rather keep it casual and fun :)

#7395 juliej84

juliej84
          • 57 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

I made my deposit a few months ago and planned on the ultimate package. However, was thinking of changing it to the love package(or the middle package)--still 6 months until wedding. Do you know if we can change our package???

Attached Files

#7396 cbandemer

cbandemer
            • 213 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:58 AM

Yes you can. I just put down $100 deposit to hold my date and then we changed to the ultimate package. You just email them and let them know. Make sure you keep all of your emails and even print them before you go so you have record of the changes and agreements.

Originally Posted by juliej84 

I made my deposit a few months ago and planned on the ultimate package. However, was thinking of changing it to the love package(or the middle package)--still 6 months until wedding. Do you know if we can change our package???

#7397 juliej84

juliej84
              • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thanks so much--I wa sso worried they wouldn't let me change my package. After really looking at the ultimate package--I realized I might be better off getting the middle package and just adding photography and such. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by cbandemer 

Yes you can. I just put down $100 deposit to hold my date and then we changed to the ultimate package. You just email them and let them know. Make sure you keep all of your emails and even print them before you go so you have record of the changes and agreements.

#7398 juliej84

juliej84
                • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I am sure this has been posted somewhere on this thread, however are we allowed to bring in an outside photographer or videographer? I know that dreams riviera cancun uses adventure photos for the photography but who do they use for the videography?

#7399 LindseyM

LindseyM
                  • 380 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

We're in the process of deciding this too. We want Cancun wedding video but not sure if they will allow it. Resorts videographer is www.videowedd.com. I am not a fan based on what I see. We like the cinematography style.

Originally Posted by juliej84 

I am sure this has been posted somewhere on this thread, however are we allowed to bring in an outside photographer or videographer? I know that dreams riviera cancun uses adventure photos for the photography but who do they use for the videography?

#7400 Tiny6812

Tiny6812
                    • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the advice :) Those are some great ideas! Love the idea of a beach set-up for photos, I def think I will do that at our Fiesta.

Originally Posted by cbandemer 

We will have the video playing for people to see either on the main tv when you walk in or on teh projection screen. ALso will have photos under a protective plastic layer scattred on our island where all the dip and appetizers will be.Then we figured a DJ and mexican themed decorations and favors. We want something more casual and everyone is really excited for both. I figured maybe set up a sand type area with a funny beach background they can take photos by. What I have learned during this whole planning process is that you will never make everyone happy so just focus on what you want and what will make you happy. Just try to ignore the comments and remarks and everything will work out just fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users