Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#721 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010
    We are having fushia and orange as our wedding colors. I saw some really neat setups of beach weddings with these colors. I e-mail Ana to see if the pictures I have found would be possible. We are getting married on the beach and are planning on having flowers put throughout the isle for me to walk down. I am planning on having fushia tablecloths with orange napkins. I am not sure on the flowers yet though. We want to have a bright wedding, since the sand is white and the sea will be blue. Is anyone else having these colors?

Our wedding planner just came back from Dreams Riviera Cancun and said it was absolutely amazing! I am super excited! She said Ana will work with us to have our wedding where ever we choose on the beach, since she has been getting complaints about privacy. Also, we are having our dinner and dancing on the pool deck. I guess it is right next to the beach so if people want to dance on the beach they can. Ana told me that if we are having more than 30 people, our dinner has to be a buffet, which I am not too happy with but there are lots of choices on the buffet menu. So that is good!
    Is it more than 30 people where you need a buffet? I thought it was over 40? Originally I thought I would prefer the buffet, but then I changed my mind. Do you have the buffet options? I am confused on how to choose what I want included in the buffet. It's not all included right?

#722 Laura22610

Laura22610
    • 468 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
      Is it more than 30 people where you need a buffet? I thought it was over 40? Originally I thought I would prefer the buffet, but then I changed my mind. Do you have the buffet options? I am confused on how to choose what I want included in the buffet. It's not all included right?
      I have the buffet options. I will copy them here so everyone can see. It seems as if there a few different "themes" and I guess you just pick one? I am not sure if you can substitute or change things. We are having the buffet because we couldn't choose a dinner that everyone would like. For example, we have a couple people who are vegetarians, some that don't eat red meat, and some (like me!) that don't eat seafood. It would have been way to difficult to choose a menu!! We are having 30 people. So, here are the menus.....(there are also a couple vegetarian buffets - if anyone wants to see those, let me know and I will post!)

Mexican Buffet Dinner

Salad bar
      Shrimp Ceviche
      Calamari Ceviche
      Fish Ceviche
      Guacamole
      Mexican salsa
      Beef Salpicon

Hot dish
      Chicken tamales with mole sauce
      Hard shell beef tacos
      Chicken fajitas
      Mexican rice
      Melted cheese with Mexican sausage
      Cheese turnovers

Show cooking
      Tacos pastor style
      Mexican flank steak on the grill

Desserts
      Mexican flan
      Fried Mexican pastry
      Bu±uelos with caramel sauce

Caribbean Buffet Dinner

Salad bar
      Crab salad
      Tuna salad
      Tomato and smoke salmon
      Avocado and shrimp salad
      Tropical fruit salad
      Green salad

Hot dish
      Rice with beans and fried plantain
      Chicken breast filed with vegetable served with mango sauce
      Sea bass filet with coconut sauce
      Mix vegetables with garlic butter
      Stuff potatoes with bacon and cheese

Show cooking
      Baby back ribs with rum BBQ sauce
      Beef kebabs with mushroom and bell peppers

Dessert
      Pineapple turnover
      Warm apple pie
      Chocolate cake

BBQ Buffet Dinner

Salad bar

FIELD GREEN WITH QUESADILLAS CROUTONS
      CURRIED CHICKEN DALAD
      FRESH VEGETEBAL PASTA SALAD
      THREE BEAN SALAD
      ROASTED POTATOS SALAD
      CRANBERRY-WALNUT CABBAGE SLAW
      CARROTTE AND RAISIN SALAD

HOT DISH

CAJUN GRILLED CORN
      BAKE POTATOS WITH BACON AND GLAZED ONIONS
      GRILLED TERIYAKI MUSHROOM
      SMOKY GRILLED VEGETEBAL
      RICE WITH BLACK BEANS

SHOW COOKING

BEFF AND PORK RIBS ON THE BARBIE
      TUNA AND SALMON KABOB MARINED WITH LIME AND HERBES
      GRILL JERK CHICKEN BREAST

DESSERT

MILLEFEUILLE WITH MASCARPONE AND STRAWBERRY
      BANANA FRITTERS WITH ICE CREAM
      CHEESECAKE WITH PEACH

#723 lilly129

lilly129
      • 350 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:03 AM

I have fuschia and orange as well! There's a thread going actually for brides with fuschia and orange where girls are posting pictures - you should check it out!

#724 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:11 AM

Reason for Secrets Maroma Beach ceremony - hmmm needing to make my life as stressful as possible? ha ha, nah I just fell in love with Maroma Beach area, as we are inviting kids, watch only one shows, and DRC is significantly cheaper so I figure if we then do the reception back at DRC I will get the pictures at Maroma Beach plus that way I figure I dont have to occupy guests while hubby and I get pictures for two hours

I am now in love with pomanders and I was talking to Ana and just thought you guys might be interested to see this unique set up

grrr they have pomanders in that crazy space wedding venue of theirs - sorry girls could not upload email me if you care to see this thing adorned with pomanders.

Question out for the ladies - we are finalizing a contract with Elizabeth Medina but if you go thru the portfolio for Cecilia Dumas she has all these super colourful beautiful buildings in the background I am told they are in an island off Cancun - anyone know an area like that in the area of DRC? would be fun to mix in beach and street pictures

#725 Boo

Boo
          • 785 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:12 AM

Oh sorry forgot to ask Lilly where is that thread? always fun to see pictures and get ideas

#726 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
            • 393 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Laura22610
              I have the buffet options. I will copy them here so everyone can see. It seems as if there a few different "themes" and I guess you just pick one? I am not sure if you can substitute or change things. We are having the buffet because we couldn't choose a dinner that everyone would like. For example, we have a couple people who are vegetarians, some that don't eat red meat, and some (like me!) that don't eat seafood. It would have been way to difficult to choose a menu!! We are having 30 people. So, here are the menus.....(there are also a couple vegetarian buffets - if anyone wants to see those, let me know and I will post!)

Mexican Buffet Dinner

Salad bar
              Shrimp Ceviche
              Calamari Ceviche
              Fish Ceviche
              Guacamole
              Mexican salsa
              Beef Salpicon

Hot dish
              Chicken tamales with mole sauce
              Hard shell beef tacos
              Chicken fajitas
              Mexican rice
              Melted cheese with Mexican sausage
              Cheese turnovers

Show cooking
              Tacos pastor style
              Mexican flank steak on the grill

Desserts
              Mexican flan
              Fried Mexican pastry
              Bu±uelos with caramel sauce

Caribbean Buffet Dinner

Salad bar
              Crab salad
              Tuna salad
              Tomato and smoke salmon
              Avocado and shrimp salad
              Tropical fruit salad
              Green salad

Hot dish
              Rice with beans and fried plantain
              Chicken breast filed with vegetable served with mango sauce
              Sea bass filet with coconut sauce
              Mix vegetables with garlic butter
              Stuff potatoes with bacon and cheese

Show cooking
              Baby back ribs with rum BBQ sauce
              Beef kebabs with mushroom and bell peppers

Dessert
              Pineapple turnover
              Warm apple pie
              Chocolate cake

BBQ Buffet Dinner

Salad bar

FIELD GREEN WITH QUESADILLAS CROUTONS
              CURRIED CHICKEN DALAD
              FRESH VEGETEBAL PASTA SALAD
              THREE BEAN SALAD
              ROASTED POTATOS SALAD
              CRANBERRY-WALNUT CABBAGE SLAW
              CARROTTE AND RAISIN SALAD

HOT DISH

CAJUN GRILLED CORN
              BAKE POTATOS WITH BACON AND GLAZED ONIONS
              GRILLED TERIYAKI MUSHROOM
              SMOKY GRILLED VEGETEBAL
              RICE WITH BLACK BEANS

SHOW COOKING

BEFF AND PORK RIBS ON THE BARBIE
              TUNA AND SALMON KABOB MARINED WITH LIME AND HERBES
              GRILL JERK CHICKEN BREAST

DESSERT

MILLEFEUILLE WITH MASCARPONE AND STRAWBERRY
              BANANA FRITTERS WITH ICE CREAM
              CHEESECAKE WITH PEACH
              Hmmm, I really do not like these options. If I can, I may stick to the plated dinners. I agree it is hard to find something that everyone likes but it just seems a little fancier. I should have between 35 and 40 guests. Hopefully Ana will let me use the plated dinners.

#727 Laura22610

Laura22610
              • 468 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:49 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Boo
                Reason for Secrets Maroma Beach ceremony - hmmm needing to make my life as stressful as possible? ha ha, nah I just fell in love with Maroma Beach area, as we are inviting kids, watch only one shows, and DRC is significantly cheaper so I figure if we then do the reception back at DRC I will get the pictures at Maroma Beach plus that way I figure I dont have to occupy guests while hubby and I get pictures for two hours

I am now in love with pomanders and I was talking to Ana and just thought you guys might be interested to see this unique set up

grrr they have pomanders in that crazy space wedding venue of theirs - sorry girls could not upload email me if you care to see this thing adorned with pomanders.

Question out for the ladies - we are finalizing a contract with Elizabeth Medina but if you go thru the portfolio for Cecilia Dumas she has all these super colourful beautiful buildings in the background I am told they are in an island off Cancun - anyone know an area like that in the area of DRC? would be fun to mix in beach and street pictures
                Maybe the island is Playa Mujeres?? That's the only island I can think of that is off of Cancun. I guess you wouldn't be able to go that far?
                I am going to have a beach wedding but I was thinking about using pomanders to maybe hang on the aisle chairs? I really love them too! Could you send me the picture? My email is lauracann@aol.com. Thanks!

#728 Princess402

Princess402
                • 737 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:03 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Boo
                  Yeah the only island off Cancun would be Playa Mujeres (I'm assuming), unless maybe Cozumel? I don't know the pics you are referring to.

I also love the contrast of pics with the couple against colorful, traditional Mexican buildings in the background so I am thinking that maybe we can just go into Puerto Morelos and find some? I mean it is supposed to be a cute little fishing village! I am definitely planning to send my photog scouting for some great backdrops in the area when we get there!

#729 Boo

Boo
                  • 785 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

exactly right princess 402. Elizabeth said that she will do some scouting but she said because the Playa Del Carmen is a much younger area that I wont find quite the same feel - let me know if you find a fun area

#730 lilly129

lilly129
                    • 350 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

Boo - the thread is under the general forum and then under decor :)
                      I'm also using Elizabeth Medina!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users