Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

WOW!  Lindsey, I love the real touch flowers!  I sent the email requesting info and I was going to ask for a flower vendor and at one point, on the other Dreams forum, of a flower vendor but when I emailed her, I never got a response. But I think this is the way to go, I'm just worried about them getting damaged before the wedding. I don't want them thrown around during travel either so I have to think of a way to keep them save during the flight

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Kad,

Thanks!  My fiance says I should work in the stock market because I can't stop researching things to get the best deal.  I don't know about the outside vendors.  Originally I wanted to bring in my own photographer but I think based on what I've seen from the resort photographer I am going to stay with them.  I did like the idea of having real flowers, and I think customs might be a pain in the butt....but I also like the price cut... I am getting TROPICAL FLOWERS, like orchids which are my fave, for $300 less than I would if I used the real ones at the resort.  Plus, they feel waxy like real flowers.  I still like the idea of keeping my bouquet too.  I am pretty much sold on the fake flowers.  This entire wedding is surprising me... I never thought I'd do a destination as opposed to a church, buy my dress from David's Bridal, or be searching for the best deal.  I am surprising myself with my decision making skills, haha.

Hi Sweet!  My ceremony is at 600 pm. I love your list, I'm not sure what after bit is though, enlighten me.  But it sounds like I could just go to the dollar store and get a ton of little knick-knacks...and I cracked up at K-Y....I was gonna put condoms in my bags.....I'm just not sure if I want everyone to get the adult bags

Originally Posted by sweetmelissaann View Post

What time are you holding your beach ceremony?

Here is a small list for the OOT Bags:

magazines
after bit
bug repellant
KY
Qtips
hadwritten card
beach towels
cds
koozies
chapstick
key card / tip holders

I am working with AlexisGraceDesigns on Etsy.  She is AAMAZINGGGG.  Check out her work.  She assured me that she packs them so that they will not be damaged and that the way she packs them will keep them safe on the flight.  Each bouquet gets its own box inside a bigger box and sits right side up on a tube so that it does not get messed up.  Check out her stuff herE:

http://www.etsy.com/people/alexisgracedesigns

I am so excited!

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

WOW!  Lindsey, I love the real touch flowers!  I sent the email requesting info and I was going to ask for a flower vendor and at one point, on the other Dreams forum, of a flower vendor but when I emailed her, I never got a response. But I think this is the way to go, I'm just worried about them getting damaged before the wedding. I don't want them thrown around during travel either so I have to think of a way to keep them save during the flight

Hey girls, I was wondering if I can get an idea on how many rooms you guys were blocking at the resort?

What is a ballpark range your trip is costing? If you don't mind me asking. I'm trying to figure out when I should block rooms for my May wedding and I really don't know if I should wait a few months and maybe pricing will go down? Or will it go up or stay the same??? I'm overwhelmed...

Dimplesandsuga

Wow these are amazong I can not wait to get making mine! Where did you get the templates from were they easy to make and tips on making them things you would have done now doing theses!! I love you logo of the tropical flowers!! Do these match a theme you are following?

ToBeMrsDavis x

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

Sorry about the first post, I attached them, I'm still learning ladies. But these are my SIY save the date. The flower and the design and trying to do trial and run with everything from fonts to color but this is my final product

STD PAGE 1&2SS028.jpg

STD2STD PAGE 3&4SS029.jpg

MagnetSS030.jpg

SS033.jpg

final productSS035.jpg

Unfortunatly, these are the ugliest stamps ever to accompany the wedding stamp, but it was that or a frog of some sort. :(....This is the white envelopeSS036.jpg

this is the silver..SS037.jpg

SS038.jpg

Yeah at first we werent keen on having blood test's but dont want a ceremony over here say at the local town hall or wherever so defo having a legal wedding is a must for us and think it will be absolutley amazing!! Im so jealous of all the people who have been able to do a site visit i just wish we could do that!! We have never been to Mexico but have been to Dominican si would imagine the weather is similar!!

xx

Originally Posted by Sarah-Jane View Post

I was thinking it would be a lot easier to go for a Symbolic ceremony but my husband to be says that if we are going all the way over to Mexico then we should really do it properly and get married legally there, so thats what we are doing! We have to be there 4 business days beforehand so i think we will actually go out a week beforehand so we can get used to the heat too! I have been to Mexico end of August beginning of September about 5 years ago and it was very hot and humid so i am expecting this for my wedding!

xxx

Hey ladies!! I am just getting back from our wedding at DRC (July 23rd) and mini-honeymoon. I am going to work on a detailed review tonight or this weekend, but just have to tell you that you have definitely picked the right place! Our week at DRC and wedding was nothing short of amazing! An absolute dream. I just loved Yamina. She is wonderful! 

I know us brits arent as good as all these american ladies sharing all there experiences i am so glad i found this site it has helped me with so many things that i probably would never have even thought of and will make our big day even more spectacular!! Its a bit of a pain that we cant book flights till 11months before i want it all booked NOW ha ha!! BA christmas sale would be great if you could book it then!! How many guests are going with you? Thin there will be around 30 coming with us so excited!!  Yes i am going to get my bow covers to take with me ebat have really cheap ones or you can buy rolls of organzer to make into bows! What package have you booked? Who do you have as a WC? I hve everything written down in my lovely wedding planner one of my bridesmaids made for me it brilliant and gets me so excited ha ha!! I booked 2 dress shopping days also for us all to have some fun as we can not decided on a theme or colour we think powder blue and white and may add a little splash of another colour found a really good website that has styleboards for ideas have a look!! http://www.dessy.com/pantone/gallery/

xx

Originally Posted by Sarah-Jane View Post

Oh yay thats really exciting! Yes i haven't come across many UK brides on here either so its quite exciting to be able to share some info! 

I dont think i will be using a travel agent. I have booked the wedding direct with the resort but we cant price up the holiday yet until about September time as flight prices are not available until 11 month before so this is quite frustrating! I am thinking of trying to get a group discount booking the holiday with BA as they do it as a package. I also know Monarch do it too so i will price that up and in September i will phone a few travel agents and see what type of prices they come up with but i think i may wait until the BA christmas sale to be honest! 

I am thinking of trying to get most of my chair bows etc... from the states as they seem to be so cheap over there so i just have to wait for a friend to go over there or see how i can get it all back to the UK, i haven't really thought about this yet! 

I shall keep you updated as to what i find out etc.. its very exciting!!! 

Aimee!  You should see a Travel Agent.  We didn't do a room block but she did give us guaranteed pricing for a certain amount of time.  It's much easier and will take the stress off of you!

Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 View Post

Hey girls, I was wondering if I can get an idea on how many rooms you guys were blocking at the resort?

What is a ballpark range your trip is costing? If you don't mind me asking. I'm trying to figure out when I should block rooms for my May wedding and I really don't know if I should wait a few months and maybe pricing will go down? Or will it go up or stay the same??? I'm overwhelmed...

Such a relief and I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!  Yamina is my planner too.  How was the pool deck at night?  Was it nice or humid?  I am so happy for you!!

Originally Posted by LindsayMichelle View Post

Hey ladies!! I am just getting back from our wedding at DRC (July 23rd) and mini-honeymoon. I am going to work on a detailed review tonight or this weekend, but just have to tell you that you have definitely picked the right place! Our week at DRC and wedding was nothing short of amazing! An absolute dream. I just loved Yamina. She is wonderful!