Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi Latinive, 

I am going to go for the 90 x 90 overlays too. i think that it will be better for them to be a bit bigger than smaller. I read a few posts with brides that went for the 72 x 72 and wished they had gone bigger so i think i will go for the 90 x 90. I don't think it will look too big at all.

Originally Posted by latinive View Post

Hey ladies.  I'm getting married in less than about 3 months.  I'm just starting to work on templates and OOT bags.  I ordered my linens from wedding linens direct but I have a question for you.  I ordered the 90x90 inch organza overlays.  A former bride suggested the 85 inch but that size is not available in organza.  Do you think these will be too big?

Just finished my Save The Dates too!  Did them myself and ladies...I must be picky beyond picky, it took me almost 3 months to get the design done and then, once I did that, it was only 2 pages with info crammed on 2 pages, In the last hour as we were assembling them, I decided to add 2 more pages making it 4 pages and they came out sooooo pretty. I will upload pics later this evening! 

My wedding is 05-12-2012.  I have NOT been in contact with anyone at DRC, what questions should I have and what should I be asking them?  Also, what about OOT bags, does anyone have a list of what I should put in them?  Also again :)  Aside from your own designing certerpieces, bringing your own table linen and chair bows, what other DIY items have you all thought of?  I thought about having parasols made instead of bouquets but the ones I like....too pricey. I wanted them personalized for my Maid of Honors and Matron of Honor. I guess after that, the only other expense is little favors, the dj and the reception to pay for. And as far as beach weddings go, mine is on the North Beach.....do you have to order that arch thing they put up and if so, what about the drapery that makes it look pretty.....I seem to be in the dark on quite a few things to say that I've been on this board since March.  sign5.gif 

But I know what song I'd like to March to, Beautiful, Wonderful by Anthony Hamilton.  But I don't know if I should just have it started and my bridesmaids and I all walk to that song because in reading the post, doesn't seem like there is much time to have 2 songs playing. ...i'm so lost i feel like crying.   sad.gifcry.gif

Deeeeep breaths!!  Our Save the Date is just a simple post card that has the link to our website on it.  [The link is in my signature.  Feel free to check it out!].  I like the idea of sending a big one though but my fiance was worried about printing costs.  Our invites with be boarding passes and our rsvp cards will be luggage tags.  I am excited!!

As far as what you need to get organized, once you're in contact with a planner at DRC, things come together quickly.  Your wedding is two months before mine and I could have it tomorrow.  My planner sent me some questions that I pasted in a word document and added photos of what I want.  I am currently considering bringing my own flowers, but I go back and forth on this repeatedly.  I would definitely recommend getting in touch with Ana asap to get working with a planner.  I am also bringing my own chair bows, OOT bags [though not sure from where yet or filled with what ha], The arch on the beach is provided but the drapery costs money...mine is going to be about $300 because I want 3 different colors.  I hope I helped!!

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

Just finished my Save The Dates too!  Did them myself and ladies...I must be picky beyond picky, it took me almost 3 months to get the design done and then, once I did that, it was only 2 pages with info crammed on 2 pages, In the last hour as we were assembling them, I decided to add 2 more pages making it 4 pages and they came out sooooo pretty. I will upload pics later this evening! 

My wedding is 05-12-2012.  I have NOT been in contact with anyone at DRC, what questions should I have and what should I be asking them?  Also, what about OOT bags, does anyone have a list of what I should put in them?  Also again :)  Aside from your own designing certerpieces, bringing your own table linen and chair bows, what other DIY items have you all thought of?  I thought about having parasols made instead of bouquets but the ones I like....too pricey. I wanted them personalized for my Maid of Honors and Matron of Honor. I guess after that, the only other expense is little favors, the dj and the reception to pay for. And as far as beach weddings go, mine is on the North Beach.....do you have to order that arch thing they put up and if so, what about the drapery that makes it look pretty.....I seem to be in the dark on quite a few things to say that I've been on this board since March.  sign5.gif 

But I know what song I'd like to March to, Beautiful, Wonderful by Anthony Hamilton.  But I don't know if I should just have it started and my bridesmaids and I all walk to that song because in reading the post, doesn't seem like there is much time to have 2 songs playing. ...i'm so lost i feel like crying.   sad.gifcry.gif

When is your wedding?? We invited about 250 and are hoping that no more that 100 come. Are you doing a private event?? I am soo confused when it comes top the different options as Yamina hasn't emailed me back with any information except the receipt that my card was charged for the deposit.

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

OMG, Kad, we're inviting 195 people to Mexico.  I think I want to cry when I think about all those people potentially saying yes.  My fiance doesn't think any of his aunts and uncles and first cousins will come [those are 50 people alone] and we're really only expecting about 60 people.  They said we can do the sit down with 60 but it is not recommended so I guess we'll choose a buffet.  Jorge explained to me during the tour that the South Jacuzzi is often used for the bamboo gazebo but the North for the North beach.  I would definitely clarify with Ana though because the North is definitely more private.  One of the things I loved most about Dreams too is the covered reception area for if it rains.  It's still open air but with a glass roof.  It looks really quite beautiful.  It's the Desires Terrace.  You can check it out in my video.  Dreams is probably the best decision EVER!

Hi Lindsey!!!

Yes this brought me down a bit. I was just thinking of all that I have to do and seems like a lot, but then I wrote it down, its a list of 6 or 7 things that have sub bullets and that's it!  My STD finally made me very proud, that's when I knew I had done a good job. I will post them as soon as I get home.

BTW, I FRIGGIN LOVE YOUR WEDSITE!!! ITS SOOOOO CUTE!! I wish I had knew about that site before I made mine, I don't even like mine too tough, its very naked so I'll post a link after I update it.

So I need to contact Ana and ask for a list of all the wedding what nots in hope that she will send something I suppose...here goes nothing!  I wonder if I can get the drapery beforehand.....see Ana is my WC and she hasn't sent me specs on ANY of this. She just told me to wait until 3 months before the wedding and she would be in touch.....I SOOOO CANNOT DO THAT! I found some OOT bags at dollar tree, they had different colors. My colors WERE royal blue and silver, but the STD because more festive and I'm currently working with splashes of Purple, White, Tangarine, Lime and even a little hot pink and blue.  Its actually very pretty! 

WHEW!  Thanks for bringing me down lady!  lol  You're great at what you do! 

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Deeeeep breaths!!  Our Save the Date is just a simple post card that has the link to our website on it.  [The link is in my signature.  Feel free to check it out!].  I like the idea of sending a big one though but my fiance was worried about printing costs.  Our invites with be boarding passes and our rsvp cards will be luggage tags.  I am excited!!

As far as what you need to get organized, once you're in contact with a planner at DRC, things come together quickly.  Your wedding is two months before mine and I could have it tomorrow.  My planner sent me some questions that I pasted in a word document and added photos of what I want.  I am currently considering bringing my own flowers, but I go back and forth on this repeatedly.  I would definitely recommend getting in touch with Ana asap to get working with a planner.  I am also bringing my own chair bows, OOT bags [though not sure from where yet or filled with what ha], The arch on the beach is provided but the drapery costs money...mine is going to be about $300 because I want 3 different colors.  I hope I helped!!

Our Save the Date is a post card made to look vintage.  I don't think I can post on here because I am a Noob?

The front says, "Join us in Riviera Maya, Mexico Save the Date 07.20.12"

Then on the back it says "Calmly gazing at the Caribbean Sea on the coast of Quintana Roo, Mexico lies the multicultural and cosmopolitan Riviera Maya" [i got this line from a brochure]  Then it says "save the date for the wedding of Lindsey ******** and Kevin ********* July 20 2012"  insert our website address and "formal invitation to follow" then in a handwriting like font "We hope to see you there! Love, Lindsey & Kevin"

I figure most info can be found on our site.  :)

Originally Posted by cbandemer View Post

That's awesome!! What information did you include in your save the dates?? I am soo torn on the wording and what way to go with mine. This website is soo helpful though

It depends on your package but an outdoor private reception is included on the pool deck.  Ours will be private, probably a buffet.  Our wedding is July 20, 2012.  We have made two different guest lists and the one for Mexico is 194 people.  Yikes!  I am hoping it's 80 people max.  Fiance really doesn't even think it'll be that much...which is a relief.  When is yours?  

Originally Posted by cbandemer View Post

When is your wedding?? We invited about 250 and are hoping that no more that 100 come. Are you doing a private event?? I am soo confused when it comes top the different options as Yamina hasn't emailed me back with any information except the receipt that my card was charged for the deposit.

Thanks!!!  We paid for it for 2 years but after that it was a fill in template basically.  I am super excited about it and I feel like I add to it daily.  You can even import your guest list and have them RSVP to acitivites or even the wedding online!!

Whats on your list and you sub bullets?  I'm just curious because I feel like I can't organize my thoughts.  I know I did a lot already but I just don't know what else there is!!  When is your wedding?

I am bringing my own chair bows and actually considering bringing my own flowers now.....there's several artists on Etsy who make their own bouquets with "real touch flowers."  They look grogeous and SO REAL.  I am thinking about doing it if I can ship them ahead of time.  I am anxious to hear back form the girl.

Also those of you who are doing OOT bags...look on Etsy for ideas!!!  They have a whole bunch of crafters who hand paint bags and such.  I am excited.

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

Hi Lindsey!!!

Yes this brought me down a bit. I was just thinking of all that I have to do and seems like a lot, but then I wrote it down, its a list of 6 or 7 things that have sub bullets and that's it!  My STD finally made me very proud, that's when I knew I had done a good job. I will post them as soon as I get home.

BTW, I FRIGGIN LOVE YOUR WEDSITE!!! ITS SOOOOO CUTE!! I wish I had knew about that site before I made mine, I don't even like mine too tough, its very naked so I'll post a link after I update it.

So I need to contact Ana and ask for a list of all the wedding what nots in hope that she will send something I suppose...here goes nothing!  I wonder if I can get the drapery beforehand.....see Ana is my WC and she hasn't sent me specs on ANY of this. She just told me to wait until 3 months before the wedding and she would be in touch.....I SOOOO CANNOT DO THAT! I found some OOT bags at dollar tree, they had different colors. My colors WERE royal blue and silver, but the STD because more festive and I'm currently working with splashes of Purple, White, Tangarine, Lime and even a little hot pink and blue.  Its actually very pretty! 

WHEW!  Thanks for bringing me down lady!  lol  You're great at what you do!