Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#6761 dianab3

dianab3
  • Newbie
  • 3 posts

    Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

    Hi.  I'm new to the forum but have been watching all the great posts.  I'm booked at DRC for October 21 at 5pm...yes, in less than three months and all of you have done more than I have.  I'm working with Yamina and she seems great but it's been a struggle to get emails in a timely manner. I'm on a tight budget and am doing the Dreams of Love package.  Can anyone tell me what challenges I should watch for?  Thanks, Diana



    #6762 TammyWright

    TammyWright

      Admin & Owner

    • Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

    Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:37 PM



    3. I talked to a travel agent and got some quotes for pricing and it is wayyyy more money than just booking through expedia!!! Is it bad if i tell my guest to book by themselves?

    sorry for all the questions thanks!!!

     

      Welcome to the forum.   We work with Dreams Resorts ALOT (I actually got married at one!) and our TA's can usually price match or even price beat experdia rates.  If you want to go the group block route, Dreams has a book 5 rooms get the 6th free (some restrictions/exclusions) and you cannot get that by booking through the internet sites.   If you would like to contact one of our TA's go to this link and fill out the form so I can assign you to the TA that is the best fit for you and a specialist in the area/resort that you are interested in.   http://www.wrighttra.../leads/inquiry/

     


    Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

     
    Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
     
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


    #6763 sweetmelissaann

    sweetmelissaann
    • Newbie
    • 70 posts

      Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

      We are finally booked!!!!

       

      Our wedding date is April 22nd, 2012!  I look forward to sharing my planning with all of you as well as gaining knowledge from all of you. 



      #6764 LindseyM

      LindseyM
      • Jr. Member
      • 380 posts

        Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

        Hi Ariane!

         

        I booked my date in person so I chose the time and ceremony location right then and there.  Shortly after I was contacted by my planner and I told her where I wanted everything.  Once you book, if it's far enough out, they will send you a bunch of questions to answer and photos to pick from.

         

        We specifically wanted the North Beach and wanted it at 6:00 PM only.  We ended up needing to choose a Friday vs. a Saturday to get that.  I agree with the pick them ASAP thing.  You can absolutely do that.  My coordinator, Yamina, has been amazing with and reserved all of our places within the first week.

         

        I recommend shopping around.  One thing my business savvy fiance and I found was that smaller TAs - i.e. mom & pop sorts of places - don't always get as good a rate because they generate less revenue to resorts like Dreams than bigger agencies like Liberty Travel.   :)  Hope I helped!

         

        Lindsey
         

        Originally Posted by Ariane1126 go_quote.gif

        Hi ladies!!! This is my first post, but i have been creepin on this thread for a few weeks now embarrest.gif

        Most of my concerns and questions have been answered, but i still have a few.

         

        1. when you pick ur date and Ana confirms do you also get to tell her what time you want?

        2. Do you get to pick out your ceremony location, cocktail hour and reception locations rite away or do you have to wait until you get there. I have certain areas i want and i dont wanna be stuck with the leftover place because 2 other brides already chose before me.

        3. I talked to a travel agent and got some quotes for pricing and it is wayyyy more money than just booking through expedia!!! Is it bad if i tell my guest to book by themselves?

        sorry for all the questions thanks!!!



        #6765 LindseyM

        LindseyM
        • Jr. Member
        • 380 posts

          Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

          Congrats!!  Almost 2 months before us!  I'm jealous.   :)
           

          Originally Posted by sweetmelissaann go_quote.gif

          We are finally booked!!!!

           

          Our wedding date is April 22nd, 2012!  I look forward to sharing my planning with all of you as well as gaining knowledge from all of you. W
           



          #6766 Ariane1126

          Ariane1126
          • Newbie
          • 70 posts

            Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

            Thanks so much LindseyM! i think ill shop around and contact a few more TA's



            #6767 kad1010

            kad1010
            • Newbie
            • 104 posts

              Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

              Hi Lindsey,

               

              I am using Liberty too. I've used them for all of our travel in the past and it seems as though they always have the best prices. I am not getting married until November 2012, but I sent out save the dates already because people kept asking for the information. I did include my agents name and info, but I don't know if everyone will use her. I also contacted 2 airlines and was given discount codes. American Airlines lets you tell your agent and your agent can apply the discount as well. USAir had to be booked through their site.  I hope everyone will take advantage of the travel agent and the discount!

               

              I agree with Lindsey on the booking in advance. Like I said I have over a year to go and I have already made sure I have the North Beach at 3 PM (due to the sun setting earlier in Nov.), I chose the jacuzzi for cocktail and the pool deck for reception. I also booked the DJ and Anel for photos.

               

              Lindsey, what type of questions did you receive from Yamina? I have Ana, and she is great with responding to my emails however she never sent me any questions. And she's only sent me pics & menus when I've asked. She did ask me to send her photos of flowers that I like. But I can't find any!
               

              Originally Posted by LindseyM 

              Hi Ariane!

               

              I booked my date in person so I chose the time and ceremony location right then and there.  Shortly after I was contacted by my planner and I told her where I wanted everything.  Once you book, if it's far enough out, they will send you a bunch of questions to answer and photos to pick from.

               

              We specifically wanted the North Beach and wanted it at 6:00 PM only.  We ended up needing to choose a Friday vs. a Saturday to get that.  I agree with the pick them ASAP thing.  You can absolutely do that.  My coordinator, Yamina, has been amazing with and reserved all of our places within the first week.

               

              We're using Liberty Travel - they're a chain in the north east.  They match any price and have great incentives for room bookings.  I recommend shopping around.  One thing my business savvy fiance and I found was that smaller TAs - i.e. mom & pop sorts of places - don't always get as good a rate because they generate less revenue to resorts like Dreams than bigger agencies like Liberty Travel.  :)  Hope I helped!

               

              Lindsey
               



               



               



              #6768 LindseyM

              LindseyM
              • Jr. Member
              • 380 posts

                Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

                Hi Kad!

                 

                When Yamina first contacted me she basically gave me an empty email form with items such as location, time, dj if needed, flowers, table linen color, etc.  I then copy and pasted it into a word document with all of these pictures of things I want.  I basically scoured the internet looking for things that fit into our wedding color scheme and put them in a document with Yamina's questions and then sent it out.  She sent it back with price quotes for everything and I've adjusted accordingly.  One thing some other brides have pointed out is that it's good to save every email...so my thread with Yamina is soooo long and has a zillion different versions of my word doc, but I think if a price is quoted in am email, they honor it...so print them all out and bring them down with you!

                 

                 

                FLOWERS

                Selection of bride´s bouquet: 

                Additional Bridesmaids bouquet: 

                Boutonniers required: 

                Corsages requiered: 

                Centerpiece for ceremony: 

                Centerpieces for reception tables: 

                Cake top flowers: 

                Chair corsages required:

                Flowers for hair:

                Flower girl: (quantity of bag of petals)

                Flowers for the center aisle at the ceremony: 

                Floral corsages for the Gazebo or Huppah: 

                LOCATIONS: Please find attached the wedding locations. This are subject to availability.

                CEREMONY

                Location & Time: 

                Do you require an upgrade photo package: 

                Do you require an upgrade video package: (please find the price list attached)

                 Minister: English or Spanish - 

                Sound system: we recommend you to have it, because the ceremony is outdoors and a microphone will be very useful and its nice to have some music for the ceremony. Please confirm us if you require it, it is $180 usd plus 11% tax.  You´ll have to bring your music selection for the technician to play it (3 songs preferably)

                If you require other musicians (guitar player, saxophone player, violin, etc,) you may find options in the wedding guide. 

                Cake: please select from vanilla, marble, chocolate or tres leches (three-milk) flavor. The icing is white with no decoration, round or square shaped.  For a cake design upgrade, please select from the file attached.(None of the flower decoration is included. If you require flowers to decorate the cake,  they are $40 usd + tax)

                 


                Thats just an example of some of the things she asked.  I can show you more if you want.  I just assumed everyone got it.  My wedding is also less than a year away so maybe that's why she sent me all that?  I saw the AA discount thing but I also kind of assumed my TA would take care of that.  Maybe I will look into it more!!  US Air is my fiance's client so maybeeeee we'll use them.  Who knows!!!  I just want my Save The Dates to be finished so I can get them out!  Our website is up and running, though!  :)


                Originally Posted by kad1010 

                Hi Lindsey,

                 

                I am using Liberty too. I've used them for all of our travel in the past and it seems as though they always have the best prices. I am not getting married until November 2012, but I sent out save the dates already because people kept asking for the information. I did include my agents name and info, but I don't know if everyone will use her. I also contacted 2 airlines and was given discount codes. American Airlines lets you tell your agent and your agent can apply the discount as well. USAir had to be booked through their site.  I hope everyone will take advantage of the travel agent and the discount!

                 

                I agree with Lindsey on the booking in advance. Like I said I have over a year to go and I have already made sure I have the North Beach at 3 PM (due to the sun setting earlier in Nov.), I chose the jacuzzi for cocktail and the pool deck for reception. I also booked the DJ and Anel for photos.

                 

                Lindsey, what type of questions did you receive from Yamina? I have Ana, and she is great with responding to my emails however she never sent me any questions. And she's only sent me pics & menus when I've asked. She did ask me to send her photos of flowers that I like. But I can't find any!
                 



                 



                 



                #6769 LindseyM

                LindseyM
                • Jr. Member
                • 380 posts

                  Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

                  Diana,

                   

                  Not to worry, I planned mine in like a week!  Just tell them what you want, send a lot of pictures if you want to be specific and let them handle the rest!  They're professionals and destination is so easy [well, for me anyway!].  I could have this wedding tomorrow!!

                   

                  So far, I have not had any problems, Yamina is on top of everything for me and gets back to me within a few days.  Try to remember that most weekends there are like 9 weddings!!  So the coordinators do most of their emailing during the week.  I'm jealous your wedding is so soon!
                   

                  Originally Posted by dianab3 

                  Hi.  I'm new to the forum but have been watching all the great posts.  I'm booked at DRC for October 21 at 5pm...yes, in less than three months and all of you have done more than I have.  I'm working with Yamina and she seems great but it's been a struggle to get emails in a timely manner. I'm on a tight budget and am doing the Dreams of Love package.  Can anyone tell me what challenges I should watch for?  Thanks, Diana



                   



                  #6770 cbandemer

                  cbandemer
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 213 posts

                    Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

                    Our wedding is September 1st. Are you having alot of guests??






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users