Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#6741 LindseyM

LindseyM
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

Melissa,

Our AGENT is a go to for guests so tthat my fiance and I are not bombarded with RSVPs and travel questions.  She set up individual bookings but at a guaranteed rate for us and they have price match so if it goes down after they book, they get the lower price!  She also is taking care of airfare, transfers, and already upgraded us to the honeymoon suite... just some things to think about!

Originally Posted by sweetmelissaann 

I am noticing that bookit seems to have lower pricing....so what is the advantage of having guests book through a travel agent? 
    Are the rooms booked through bookit (or other discount sites) counted on your room total to get the group discounts?

#6742 LindseyM

LindseyM
    • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

This time next year I will get getting ready to walk down the aisle!!!

#6743 chula201

chula201
      • 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

@Sweetmelissaann..  I would recommend using a travel agent simply to avoid any confusion, hassle and/or issues you may have. Also, he/she would be able to secure/block "special group rates" for all of your guests. With my agent for every 5 rooms I book, I get a 1 free comp which is fantastic.  If I book 10 rooms I get a honeymoon suite.  If you need her information let me know. She's well connected w/all the WC at DRC including the general manager.  She is also serving as my contact w/Ana since she seems to respond to her immediately.

#6744 sweetmelissaann

sweetmelissaann
        • 70 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Thanks to chula201 and LindseyM for the TA advice!

#6745 sweetmelissaann

sweetmelissaann
          • 70 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

Are there any brides out there that went with the basic wedding package and "winged" the dinner/night following?

#6746 aimeelaco28

aimeelaco28
            • 83 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

I was wondering if I can get some ideas or examples of timelines from you girls? I requested a 5:30 ceremony 6:30-7:30 cocktail hour and 7:30-11:30 reception. For some reason I thought the reception was 4 hours long but Ana is telling me the reception is only 3 hours and anything over we need to pay $15.00 which I think means per person, right? I was hoping to atleast go until 11:00pm. Ending at 10:30 seems a little early to end the reception. I can get other ideas from you all that would be very much appreciated.  

#6747 Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane
              • 91 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:48 AM

We have gone with a 5.30 cermony, then photos probably from 6-7, 7-8 cocktail hour then 8-11 reception so it feels a bit longer. I think the latest you can have the reception ending is 11 but i could be wrong. A lot of brides on the forum then go onto Desires if they want to carry on?

I hope this helps.

Sarah

Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 

I was wondering if I can get some ideas or examples of timelines from you girls? I requested a 5:30 ceremony 6:30-7:30 cocktail hour and 7:30-11:30 reception. For some reason I thought the reception was 4 hours long but Ana is telling me the reception is only 3 hours and anything over we need to pay $15.00 which I think means per person, right? I was hoping to atleast go until 11:00pm. Ending at 10:30 seems a little early to end the reception. I can get other ideas from you all that would be very much appreciated.  

#6748 aimeelaco28

aimeelaco28
                • 83 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hi Sarah-Jane,

This helps me out a ton. Thanks for the info. I like your timeline and I think I may do the same. Hopefully guests are ok with that one hour gap in between the ceremony and cocktail hour. Or maybe I might push my ceremony to start at 6? However I'm not sure if that would be too late to start or past sunset. hmmmm.

#6749 jkhowell

jkhowell
                  • 121 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

Reception definitely has to be done by 11 pm. Just an fyi. Im doing a 5pm ceremony (it'll be in feb. So sunsets a little earlier ) 5:30-6:30 cocktail hr and the reception 6:30 to 11pm which ill just have to pay a little extra for the extra half hr.
                    Bud and Jackie
                    Dreams Riviera Cancun
                    2-24-12

#6750 jkhowell

jkhowell
                    • 121 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Im sorry correction...ill have tovpay for an hr and a half extra
                      Bud and Jackie
                      Dreams Riviera Cancun
                      2-24-12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users