Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

When is everyone asking for their rsvp dates to be received by????

Chula- how did you order your oot bags already when you dont know how many people are coming yet??? Thats been my situation because I want to start buying stuff for them but have no idea yet how many people are coming.

Hi Ashleytart-

Thank you so much!!  It was truly a "Dream"!!!

Where did your bridesmaids dresses? - I decided to go with David's Bridal.  I didn't want my girls to spend a crazy amount on their dresses since they were already aggreeing to spend there vacation, time and money to travel to Mexico.  I also liked Davids Bridal for their convenience, large array of colors to choose from and sizes available.  The girls all loved their dress and the color (watermelon) really popped out!!

Did you have centerpieces?  - Yes, however, I told Ana to take the centerpiece from our ceremony (which is included in the ultimate package) and use it for one of the tables.  Then, for the flowers on our reception table, I asked her to move those (which are included in the ultimate package also) and put them on another table.  For the last table, she said she'd throw in a centerpiece for me which was really nice.

Did you get the light towers?  -I didn't ask for these.  I believe they automatically set that up.  I would definitely ask your coordinator though.  I was not charged any additional fees for that.

I am debating on the lighted dance floor, was it worth the money?  For me, it was worth it.  I really liked the dance floor but for us, it was just a tad too tight.  We were a total of 23 and we are all dancers so when we were all on there you noticed how there wasn't a lot of room left on the dance floor.  If you are having more than 25 people and you all dance, I would really recommend talking to the DJ about their options.  I believe they have two sizes??  I think we were using the small one?       - 

Have fun planning!!!!! :)

Originally Posted by ashleytart View Post

Future Mrs. S,

Your wedding was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!  I love the video!

I have a couple of questions:

Where did your bridesmaids dresses?

Did you have centerpieces?

Did you get the light towers?

I am debating on the lighted dance floor, was it worth the money?

Thank you!

Ashley

Hi ASANYC-

Thank you for your wonderful comments!!!! 

1-You said you brought your own sand and ceremony things - are we supposed to bring the sand/bowl or did you choose to bring your own?

I choose to bring my own.  I would discuss it with your coordinator and see what is available.  When I was asking about it, they had a really tiny vase and tiny sand bottles.  I loved the ones I found at the local craft store, I wanted it to stand out in pictures so we brought ours down with us. 

2-How far ahead of time did you give the music list to the DJ? Did you make a CD for him as well? Did you like the DJ? What was his name?

I gave my final songs list to the DJ about 3 weeks before the wedding.  I didn't make a CD for him.  When we got my list (via email) he downloaded all my songs onto his mac and when we sat with him the day before the wedding, he quickly went through the songs making sure everything was correct and that he had the right version of the songs.  He was correct with everything. 

Here's his info:

Cesar Mauricio Neri Salazar 

Co. President & DJ
VISUAL SOUND
"Music for your eyes"
tels. 998 7344 757 & 755 111 2921
email: visualsound2010@hotmail.com 

3-How far ahead of time did you request for Anel?  -I had told Ana I believe at least 3 months...maybe more...before the wedding.  I had seen Anel's work on this thread and really wanted to make sure that I got her.  I would tell your coordinator as soon as you are definite about it.  You dont even have to choose your photo package when you ask for her.  I told Anel which package I wanted one month before the wedding.

4-We're planning on going to Desires after the reception to continue the party. Does that get reserved by people as well or is that open to the public for after parties regardless of the weddings?  -There are no reservations for Desires, its open to all the guests at the resort regardless of weddings.  I have to say that while we were there, the Desires club was never even close to being packed on any night.  Im not sure if thats the way it is all the time but it's not your typical night club thats for sure.  You'll most likely have your own private after party in there after your wedding with only a few others in there from the resort.

5-For the cake, when did you tell them about the upgrade - while you were there or ahead of time? Did you give them a picture of this as well or just told them you wanted a second layer?  I knew I wanted something more than the cake they were offering in the ultimate package so I copied a picture of one I wanted and sent it to Ana probably two months before the wedding date.  I told her I would bring down my own ribbons for it and monograms for the top.  If you don't ask or change anything about the cake, you will get a plain white one layer cake, which is perfectly fine if that's what you want.

6-How far ahead of time did you tell them you wanted the dance floor and sound tech?  I asked for these things about 4 months left to the wedding only because I knew I definitely wanted these things.

7-And, yes, did you request for the dance floor to have the light effects or does it come with that? How much did that cost you (if you don't mind sharing that info)   -The dance floor came like that, I didnt ask for the lighting effects. I just asked for the cold fireworks for the first dance and that wasn't an extra charge.  I paid $300 per hour for the DJ, and the lighted dance floor.

** From your questions, it looks as if you are concerned about time frames and when to confirm things.  My suggestion to you is this....

If you know what you want, email and confirm it with your coordinator.  Dont stress too much about finalizing things too far in advance unless its your locations for the day (which if theres another wedding on your day could be taken if you wait too long).  If you know for certain you want Anel or someone specific, email it and have it confirmed so its one less thing off your list.  If you cant decide on menu options or centerpieces, wait till your coordinator asks you for it.  I  had a small binder and when I had something confirmed, I printed it out and stuck it in the binder.  When I met with her down there, I had my binder with me just so it was easier to go over everything and finalize together.  If something is confirmed and you change your mind last minute, I found them to be super accommodating if it was possible!!!!  So have fun planning!!! Try not to stress, remember that they do weddings daily and they are professionals. :)  Good luck!!!  Wish I was planning all over again! Enjoy it!!

Originally Posted by asanyc View Post

Evelyn,

1st of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! The pics are stunning and you look gorgeous! It looks like everyone had a blast (every bride's dream). :) Thank you sooo much for putting this review up. I loved the idea of the parasols for the bridesmaids! Brilliant!!!

I do have a few questions for you and would love anything you could answer:

1-You said you brought your own sand and ceremony things - are we supposed to bring the sand/bowl or did you choose to bring your own?
2-How far ahead of time did you give the music list to the DJ? Did you make a CD for him as well? Did you like the DJ? What was his name?
3-How far ahead of time did you request for Anel?

4-We're planning on going to Desires after the reception to continue the party. Does that get reserved by people as well or is that open to the public for after parties regardless of the weddings?
5-For the cake, when did you tell them about the upgrade - while you were there or ahead of time? Did you give them a picture of this as well or just told them you wanted a second layer?
6-How far ahead of time did you tell them you wanted the dance floor and sound tech?

7-And, yes, did you request for the dance floor to have the light effects or does it come with that? How much did that cost you (if you don't mind sharing that info)?

Thanks sooo much!!!

I had my wedding June 24, 2011 and in my opinion the desires lounge was definitely not the place to have my cocktail hour.  We noticed that the view from there was overlooking the outside of the resort- not pretty.  We had ours at the jacuzzi area and they made it very private for us.  It gave a really nice atmosphere and in my opinion was a great choice!  PS...I had originally chose the desires lounge and once I saw it, fortunately, I was able to change it once I got there!!!  Hope this helps! :)

Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 View Post

Can I get y'alls oppinion between desires lounge or the jacuzzi area for cocktail hour. I've been getting mixed reviews on Desires lounge and just wanted to know if anyone who has been to the resort know which area is better. Thanks!!

Evelyn, thank you so much for coming back to the forum after your wedding and giving us all such great advice. I know I asked you quite a few questions, and now seeing your answers to other people's questions are even more helpful!  You've really taken alot of stress away for me...now my wedding just can't come fast enough!

Originally Posted by futureMrs.S 2011 View Post

Hi ASANYC-

I choose to bring my own.  I would discuss it with your coordinator and see what is available.  When I was asking about it, they had a really tiny vase and tiny sand bottles.  I loved the ones I found at the local craft store, I wanted it to stand out in pictures so we brought ours down with us. 

I gave my final songs list to the DJ about 3 weeks before the wedding.  I didn't make a CD for him.  When we got my list (via email) he downloaded all my songs onto his mac and when we sat with him the day before the wedding, he quickly went through the songs making sure everything was correct and that he had the right version of the songs.  He was correct with everything. 

Here's his info:

Co. President & DJ
VISUAL SOUND
"Music for your eyes"

3-How far ahead of time did you request for Anel?  -I had told Ana I believe at least 3 months...maybe more...before the wedding.  I had seen Anel's work on this thread and really wanted to make sure that I got her.  I would tell your coordinator as soon as you are definite about it.  You dont even have to choose your photo package when you ask for her.  I told Anel which package I wanted one month before the wedding.

4-We're planning on going to Desires after the reception to continue the party. Does that get reserved by people as well or is that open to the public for after parties regardless of the weddings?  -There are no reservations for Desires, its open to all the guests at the resort regardless of weddings.  I have to say that while we were there, the Desires club was never even close to being packed on any night.  Im not sure if thats the way it is all the time but it's not your typical night club thats for sure.  You'll most likely have your own private after party in there after your wedding with only a few others in there from the resort.

5-For the cake, when did you tell them about the upgrade - while you were there or ahead of time? Did you give them a picture of this as well or just told them you wanted a second layer?  I knew I wanted something more than the cake they were offering in the ultimate package so I copied a picture of one I wanted and sent it to Ana probably two months before the wedding date.  I told her I would bring down my own ribbons for it and monograms for the top.  If you don't ask or change anything about the cake, you will get a plain white one layer cake, which is perfectly fine if that's what you want.

6-How far ahead of time did you tell them you wanted the dance floor and sound tech?  I asked for these things about 4 months left to the wedding only because I knew I definitely wanted these things.

7-And, yes, did you request for the dance floor to have the light effects or does it come with that? How much did that cost you (if you don't mind sharing that info)   -The dance floor came like that, I didnt ask for the lighting effects. I just asked for the cold fireworks for the first dance and that wasn't an extra charge.  I paid $300 per hour for the DJ, and the lighted dance floor.

** From your questions, it looks as if you are concerned about time frames and when to confirm things.  My suggestion to you is this....

If you know what you want, email and confirm it with your coordinator.  Dont stress too much about finalizing things too far in advance unless its your locations for the day (which if theres another wedding on your day could be taken if you wait too long).  If you know for certain you want Anel or someone specific, email it and have it confirmed so its one less thing off your list.  If you cant decide on menu options or centerpieces, wait till your coordinator asks you for it.  I  had a small binder and when I had something confirmed, I printed it out and stuck it in the binder.  When I met with her down there, I had my binder with me just so it was easier to go over everything and finalize together.  If something is confirmed and you change your mind last minute, I found them to be super accommodating if it was possible!!!!  So have fun planning!!! Try not to stress, remember that they do weddings daily and they are professionals. :)  Good luck!!!  Wish I was planning all over again! Enjoy it!!

Hi Anne!

I know, we still can't believe we have 90 guests coming LOL.  We actually sent out about $140 invitations, honestly I thought about 45 max LOL  But really excited for the turnout!  We sent the Save the Dates a year in advance.  The wedding invitations we sent out  back in March with rsvp deadline of June 1st.   

Hey FutureMrs.S

For the DJ did you ask for the dance floor or did it automatically come with the DJ. The only reason i ask is that i have been quoted $300 an hour for the DJ so was hoping the floor was included in this.

Thank you

Sarah

Hi ASANYC-

Here's his info:

Co. President & DJ
VISUAL SOUND
"Music for your eyes"

Hi Future Mrs. S 2011,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer everyone's questions after your wedding! That is so awesome :) I think you have answered most of my questions but I just have a couple more.  1. Where did you get your wedding dress? It is absolutely beautiful.

2. We are getting married May 18, 2012 so when do you think you should have the cut off for the rsvps?

3.  Do you have a song playlist that you gave to the dj?  If so would you mind emailing to me at drsarah80@gmail.com

4. I am curious to know what people are putting in their OOT bags.  Do you mind telling me what you put in it and if anyone else here has any good ideas please let me know!

Thanks so much!

Hi Ashleytart-

Thank you so much!!  It was truly a "Dream"!!!

Where did your bridesmaids dresses? - I decided to go with David's Bridal.  I didn't want my girls to spend a crazy amount on their dresses since they were already aggreeing to spend there vacation, time and money to travel to Mexico.  I also liked Davids Bridal for their convenience, large array of colors to choose from and sizes available.  The girls all loved their dress and the color (watermelon) really popped out!!

Did you have centerpieces?  - Yes, however, I told Ana to take the centerpiece from our ceremony (which is included in the ultimate package) and use it for one of the tables.  Then, for the flowers on our reception table, I asked her to move those (which are included in the ultimate package also) and put them on another table.  For the last table, she said she'd throw in a centerpiece for me which was really nice.

Did you get the light towers?  -I didn't ask for these.  I believe they automatically set that up.  I would definitely ask your coordinator though.  I was not charged any additional fees for that.

I am debating on the lighted dance floor, was it worth the money?  For me, it was worth it.  I really liked the dance floor but for us, it was just a tad too tight.  We were a total of 23 and we are all dancers so when we were all on there you noticed how there wasn't a lot of room left on the dance floor.  If you are having more than 25 people and you all dance, I would really recommend talking to the DJ about their options.  I believe they have two sizes??  I think we were using the small one?       - 

Have fun planning!!!!! :)

Sarah,

the light up dance floor isn't included.  It's $500 and holds 50 people.  Yamina just told me this!

Originally Posted by Sarah-Jane View Post

Hey FutureMrs.S

For the DJ did you ask for the dance floor or did it automatically come with the DJ. The only reason i ask is that i have been quoted $300 an hour for the DJ so was hoping the floor was included in this.

Thank you

Sarah

Hi Sarah08! My wedding is May 19 2012! We are set to arrive on the 17th so we will be able to see your wedding!

Hi Future Mrs. S 2011,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer everyone's questions after your wedding! That is so awesome :) I think you have answered most of my questions but I just have a couple more.  1. Where did you get your wedding dress? It is absolutely beautiful.

2. We are getting married May 18, 2012 so when do you think you should have the cut off for the rsvps?

3.  Do you have a song playlist that you gave to the dj?  If so would you mind emailing to me at drsarah80@gmail.com

4. I am curious to know what people are putting in their OOT bags.  Do you mind telling me what you put in it and if anyone else here has any good ideas please let me know!

Thanks so much!