Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#6661 futureMrs.S 2011

futureMrs.S 2011
  • Newbie
  • 73 posts

    Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

    MR1124,

     

    Will you be arriving a few days earlier before your wedding?  Have something already decided with the coordinator but I suggest to take a look as soon as you get there and make sure it's what you really want!!!  For us, the outside lounge was a no go!!  (and for 90 people, i think it would definitely be tight) 

     

    ohhhhh, Im so HAPPY to hear you're getting what you wanted originally!!!!  :)  Im sure everything will be great!!!!  Happy planning!!!

     

    Originally Posted by MR1124 

    FutureMrsS, thanks for sharing!! Regarding the jacuzzi area, maybe we should look into having the cocktail hour there if the Desires lounge wasn't that impressive, the only concern I had was that we have a party of 90 guests!! 

     

    Good News!! Gina emailed me back and said that she spoke to the manager and they will close the restaurant for us as originally planned and keep the reception at the Pool Terrace vs the Deck. 



     



    #6662 kad1010

    kad1010
    • Newbie
    • 104 posts

      Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:42 AM


      Evelyn,

       

      For the songs you used during the ceremony, did you cut them down in length and play only a certain part or did you start it at the beginning? I am so confused about that part. Did you use an ipod or a cd?
       

      Originally Posted by futureMrs.S 2011 

      Hi kad1010,

       

      Thank you so much!  I loved the fushia and orange-they really pop out in pictures.  The hotel provided the aisle runner and the conch shells on the floor.  They also add the white linens on the huppa at no additional cost.  I brought down the chair sashes, and the flowers on the huppa.  I also brought my own sand ceremony vase and sand too.  The ceremonial flowers on the table was part of the ultimate package.  :)

       



       



       



      #6663 7jax

      7jax
      • Newbie
      • 4 posts

        Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

        Hello everyone!

        I know this thread says "brides" post here, but what about us proactive grooms (to be)?? I'm just trying to take some of the stress away from my B2B (bride to be) by doing a lot of the research/planning myself. It's actually kinda fun (shhhhh..don't tell anyone ;)

        Anyway...we're booked at DRC!!

         

        Tanna & Shane

        April 23, 2012 @ 5pm

        North Beach DRC



        #6664 futureMrs.S 2011

        futureMrs.S 2011
        • Newbie
        • 73 posts

          Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:12 AM


          Kad1010,

           

          I wrote all the songs I chose out on paper with titles/ artists names and when to play them.  I gave two copies to Ana.  (one for her and the other for her to hand to the technician.  I had asked my brother (best man) to put all the songs (all the FULL songs) on a cd for us to give to the tech but OOPS!!! my brother forgot the cd at home!!!  I was just a little upset for about a minute and then he said that he had them all on his ipod so it was no biggie.  I asked my brother to go down early before the ceremony just to make sure the sound technician knew what was what and it turns out that he was already prepared without even using the ipod.  I would suggest to definitely bring a cd or ipod with your full songs on it preferably in order just as a backup, but for me, he was great!!  He was perfectly on cue....I could hear the music being played as I watched the girls walk down the aisle and then he faded into the beginning of my song as my dad and I walked down.  He always faded in and out of the songs so they weren't choppy at all.  So to answer your question....he played the songs from the beginning and just went from there.  There was never an awkward moment.

           

          My tip....I would give him a CD with the full songs.  If you make it too complicated, there's room for errors.  

           

          I'll share my songs if you're interested....

           

          Guests/ Parents of the Bride/Groom: The Prayer- Celione Dion & Andrea Bocelli

           

          Groom & Best Man:  Islands in the Stream-  Dolly Pardon & Kenny Rogers

           

          Bridesmaids & Maid of honor:  Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Israel K

           

          Bride & her father:   Bridal March- Jonathan Cain

           

          Sand Ceremony:

          You and Me- Dave Matthews Band

           

          Signing Certificate:

          Lucky- Jason Mraz


          Bride & Groom EXIT:

          The Best is Yet to Come-  Tony Bennett

          Say Hey, I Love You-  Michael Franti   

           

          Have fun planning!!!!! :)

           

           

            
           

          Originally Posted by kad1010 


          Evelyn,

           

          For the songs you used during the ceremony, did you cut them down in length and play only a certain part or did you start it at the beginning? I am so confused about that part. Did you use an ipod or a cd?
           



           



           



          #6665 futureMrs.S 2011

          futureMrs.S 2011
          • Newbie
          • 73 posts

            Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

            Hi 7jax!!

             

            Welcome to the forum!!! This is such a helpful site!! Enjoy!

             

            I was married at DRC on June 24th, 2011 and we absolutely LOVED every moment!!  Its nice to see a groom on here....my husband helped with our music selections only.  Congrats to you and your B2B!!  Have fun planning!

             

            Originally Posted by 7jax 

            Hello everyone!

            I know this thread says "brides" post here, but what about us proactive grooms (to be)?? I'm just trying to take some of the stress away from my B2B (bride to be) by doing a lot of the research/planning myself. It's actually kinda fun (shhhhh..don't tell anyone ;)

            Anyway...we're booked at DRC!!

             

            Tanna & Shane

            April 23, 2012 @ 5pm

            North Beach DRC



             



            #6666 MR1124

            MR1124
            • Newbie
            • 42 posts

              Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

              FutureMrsS, yes we are arriving 4 days before, so I see myself going straight to Desires to take a look LOL  maybe the Jacuzzi is a better alternative due to the amount of guests I'm having... Thanks again.



              #6667 kad1010

              kad1010
              • Newbie
              • 104 posts

                Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:40 AM

                Great! Thanks so much. That sounds a lot more simple than some of the other things I have read about ceremony songs! I am glad it worked out so well for you.  Thanks for adding your songs. I still have so long until my wedding so I change my mind about the music every other day at this point lol.
                 

                 

                A few other questions I have (I'm sorry to bombard you with questions!) are: did you make a menu for each of your guests?  And also, how do you go about making the seating arrangements? I guess once you know how many guests are attending you can go from there?  I think that is it for now lol Thanks again!
                 

                Originally Posted by futureMrs.S 2011 


                Kad1010,

                 

                I wrote all the songs I chose out on paper with titles/ artists names and when to play them.  I gave two copies to Ana.  (one for her and the other for her to hand to the technician.  I had asked my brother (best man) to put all the songs (all the FULL songs) on a cd for us to give to the tech but OOPS!!! my brother forgot the cd at home!!!  I was just a little upset for about a minute and then he said that he had them all on his ipod so it was no biggie.  I asked my brother to go down early before the ceremony just to make sure the sound technician knew what was what and it turns out that he was already prepared without even using the ipod.  I would suggest to definitely bring a cd or ipod with your full songs on it preferably in order just as a backup, but for me, he was great!!  He was perfectly on cue....I could hear the music being played as I watched the girls walk down the aisle and then he faded into the beginning of my song as my dad and I walked down.  He always faded in and out of the songs so they weren't choppy at all.  So to answer your question....he played the songs from the beginning and just went from there.  There was never an awkward moment.

                 

                My tip....I would give him a CD with the full songs.  If you make it too complicated, there's room for errors.  

                 

                I'll share my songs if you're interested....

                 

                Guests/ Parents of the Bride/Groom: The Prayer- Celione Dion & Andrea Bocelli

                 

                Groom & Best Man:  Islands in the Stream-  Dolly Pardon & Kenny Rogers

                 

                Bridesmaids & Maid of honor:  Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Israel K

                 

                Bride & her father:   Bridal March- Jonathan Cain

                 

                Sand Ceremony:

                You and Me- Dave Matthews Band

                 

                Signing Certificate:

                Lucky- Jason Mraz


                Bride & Groom EXIT:

                The Best is Yet to Come-  Tony Bennett

                Say Hey, I Love You-  Michael Franti   

                 

                Have fun planning!!!!! :)

                 

                 

                  
                 



                 



                 



                #6668 futureMrs.S 2011

                futureMrs.S 2011
                • Newbie
                • 73 posts

                  Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:53 AM


                  Kad1010:  Please don't worry about asking questions!!! It's the least I can do, this site got me through everything!!! 

                   

                  I chose the Carribean buffet for the reception so I didnt need to make any menus.  With the seating arrangements, I started a draft early and kept rearranging as people responded (which kinda got annoying) so my advice would be to have some ideas in your head but not to stress out about it.  I finalized my guest list the week before and I wrote out my seating chart (on sand dollars that I found at the dollar store) a couple of days before we actually left! Ana placed them in sand on a table for the guests. I also brought down orange picture frames and I had gone down to a local beach where I live and took pictures of each table # written in the sand.  That was fun and added a beachy touch.
                   

                  Originally Posted by kad1010 

                  Great! Thanks so much. That sounds a lot more simple than some of the other things I have read about ceremony songs! I am glad it worked out so well for you.  Thanks for adding your songs. I still have so long until my wedding so I change my mind about the music every other day at this point lol.
                   

                   

                  A few other questions I have (I'm sorry to bombard you with questions!) are: did you make a menu for each of your guests?  And also, how do you go about making the seating arrangements? I guess once you know how many guests are attending you can go from there?  I think that is it for now lol Thanks again!
                   



                   



                   



                  #6669 cbandemer

                  cbandemer
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 213 posts

                    Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

                    LOOKING TO BOOK WITH DRC FOR SEPTEMBER 1ST 2012. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!



                    #6670 LindseyM

                    LindseyM
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 380 posts

                      Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

                      Hi and welcome!!  I was able to visit dreams at the end of June and if you go back a few pages - to 648 or so, I posted a youtube link with videos of our tour!  It was gorgeous and so worth looking at.  We booked for July 20, 2012!
                       

                      Originally Posted by cbandemer 

                      LOOKING TO BOOK WITH DRC FOR SEPTEMBER 1ST 2012. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users