Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#6341 AlquimiaEvents

AlquimiaEvents
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hello to all the lucky ladies participating at this wonderful forum!

We are a team of experienced event coordinators located in Cancun Mexico eager to help brides who want a special d©cor on their Big Days.

To receive a quote according to your particular needs please visit our website www.alquimiaevents.com

Saludos!

Perla, Cecilia & Daniela.

#6342 pbjwed

pbjwed
    • 389 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:15 AM

Hi Ladies  I finally was able to post my wedding planning thread for my DRC wedding..  Hope this thread helps all those brides who are planning there wedding!!  Congrats to all the Brides who just got married at DREAMS!!!!!

Janine  

I will be adding more to the thread but this is what I have done so far!!!!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/73522/janine-s-drc-mexico-wedding-planning-thread-pic-heavy

PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#6343 LindseyM

LindseyM
      • 380 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

Did anyone rent out one of the restaurants for their wedding reception at DRC?  We're getting married in August and think it might be too hot at night.  I really like the one with the glass windows over the water.  It looks beautiful.  Anyway, it says it is 35 extra head.  I am curious how long you rented it for, if you have a full on reception with DJ and such and what it cost you.  Thanks!

Lindsey

#6344 chrissyandrob

chrissyandrob
        • 36 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

HI Lindsey,

I am getting married next weekend and we rented out El Patio for our welcome dinner at $15 per person. We are using the pool deck for the wedding night. THey do have a ballroom you can use as well (depends on how many people you have). If you go w ballroom, then you need decor for it which can get pricey. It will be hot but its windy down at the beach so it's not that bad. And the views are amazing!

Chrissy

70 booked!

#6345 colleenandclint

colleenandclint
          • 66 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

for the previous brides......what size table overlay is needed for the dinner tables?  thanks!

#6346 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
            • 183 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

Chrissy,

Did you get a spreadsheet of how much your wedding will cost yet?  Are you using DecoCancun as your outside vendor?

Originally Posted by chrissyandrob 

HI Lindsey,

I am getting married next weekend and we rented out El Patio for our welcome dinner at $15 per person. We are using the pool deck for the wedding night. THey do have a ballroom you can use as well (depends on how many people you have). If you go w ballroom, then you need decor for it which can get pricey. It will be hot but its windy down at the beach so it's not that bad. And the views are amazing!

Chrissy

70 booked!

#6347 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
              • 183 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

For those past brides, can you give me some input on the firedancers, are they worth it?  We are thinking about getting them.

#6348 chrissyandrob

chrissyandrob
                • 36 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

Hi Lindsay,

I decided not to use Deco Cancun after reading this blog. The hotel has everything that you need. I am bringing fuschia overlays for the tables (72 in) from weddinglinensdirect.com. I ordered centerpieces and the tall lanterns from the hotel which will end up being cheaper than using outside vendor- the set up and tear down fees were a lot. I work in a high end hotel and DRC has everything you need onsite. If you want I can email you the budget. We have about 68 guests and have the Ultimate package. I did rent out El Patio for $12 pp (which was quoted to me last year but has gone up this year to $15 per person).My wedding will be just under $10K which is what we budgeted for!

Chrissy

#6349 kad1010

kad1010
                  • 104 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hi Chrissy!  I was wondering if you could email me your budget? I still have a while before my wedding (2012) but I am really trying to stay on top of things and get all of my ideas and things down now so that when it is time to deal with the WC's I know everything I want and have a ballpark figure of my costs. I'm sure they will change for 2012.  Did you send the resort photos of what you wanted for your centerpieces? I really didn't want to deal with an outside vendor for decorations but I wasn't sure what the resort would have. Did you rent out El Patio for a rehearsal dinner? I am still up in the air about that because of the extra cost. My email is

Hi Lindsay,

I decided not to use Deco Cancun after reading this blog. The hotel has everything that you need. I am bringing fuschia overlays for the tables (72 in) from weddinglinensdirect.com. I ordered centerpieces and the tall lanterns from the hotel which will end up being cheaper than using outside vendor- the set up and tear down fees were a lot. I work in a high end hotel and DRC has everything you need onsite. If you want I can email you the budget. We have about 68 guests and have the Ultimate package. I did rent out El Patio for $12 pp (which was quoted to me last year but has gone up this year to $15 per person).My wedding will be just under $10K which is what we budgeted for!

Chrissy

#6350 Lupita

Lupita
                    • 62 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

crissyandrob- Hi, I'm also plan to take our overlays for the tables but was not sure what size to buy thanks for sharing the size! 

We are 12/10/2011- Ultimate package. I would love a copy of your budget please email to larevalo@diabetescarecemter.com

6 kids & 19 Adults + Bride & Groom booked and still counting

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)