Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#6111 brookeh68

brookeh68
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

I remember someone saying EACH lantern is 10.00 - so Im thinking what she means by "tower" is 6 or 7 lanterns on one "tower" which would make sense if it is 10.00 per latern.  Correct me if i am wrong? I am not reserving any of the lighting until we go down there.  I think its easier to haggle pricing when you are sitting in front of them. 

[B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlu[QUOTE]

#6112 futureMrs.S 2011

futureMrs.S 2011
    • 73 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

I added our date!!!  6/24/11 yay!!!!

L'Oreal & Mike 4/26/11

Dawn & Jimmy  - 4/30/2011

Leah & Jamie - 5/3/2011
      Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
      Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
      Melissa & Nathanael 5/8/11

Lindsay & Greg 05/09/2011

Winter & Steven - 5/10/2011
      Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011

Lauren & Brian 05/25/2011

BROOKE &MIKE 06/18/2011

Evelyn & Jon  06/24/11

Deanna & Christopher 7/6/2011

Sharon & Josh 07/17/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Ivelisse & Steve 10/28/11 

#6113 futureMrs.S 2011

futureMrs.S 2011
      • 73 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

I too am now stressing a bit about what to do for a DJ.......uhhhhh, only 59 days left and I'm at a loss as to what to do for music at this point...

Does anyone know if any of these DJ's still include the cold fireworks??? I would hate to hear that the new DJ's have done away with this or are now charging a crazy price for it!!! 

#6114 ursula

ursula
        • 156 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

That does make sense!  I should have figured the whole tower wouldnt have been so cheap.  oh well.

Originally Posted by brookeh68 

I remember someone saying EACH lantern is 10.00 - so Im thinking what she means by "tower" is 6 or 7 lanterns on one "tower" which would make sense if it is 10.00 per latern.  Correct me if i am wrong? I am not reserving any of the lighting until we go down there.  I think its easier to haggle pricing when you are sitting in front of them. 

#6115 dimplesandsuga

dimplesandsuga
          • 154 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:31 AM

I ADDED US!  YIPPIE!!1 05/12/2012  LOL Do you all notice how WE ALL put our names first, then "him?"

Originally Posted by SharonMydung 

We haven't done this for a while so for those that are not on this list, go ahead and add yourself and pass it on.

L'Oreal & Mike 4/26/11

Dawn & Jimmy  - 4/30/2011

Leah & Jamie - 5/3/2011
            Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
            Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
            Melissa & Nathanael 5/8/11

Lindsay & Greg 05/09/2011

Winter & Steven - 5/10/2011

Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011

Lauren & Brian 05/25/2011

BROOKE &MIKE 06/18/2011

Deanna & Christopher 7/6/2011

Sharon & Josh 07/17/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Ivelisse & Steve 10/28/11 

Courtney & Timothy 5/12/2012

#6116 ashleybyers

ashleybyers
            • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:33 AM

Yea I believe a tower has 6-7 lights. I would highly suggest getting the lights. It made a huge difference. I added them at the last mintue.

#6117 jkhowell

jkhowell
              • 121 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Whoa thats awesome thank you!! How did you find that dreams had a registry??? Have you used it yet?? ANd when is your wedding again?

THanks!

@Sharon- Thank you to for the honeyfund.com referral....I saw that but wasnt sure exactly how it worked if if anyone has used it before. But very helpful.

Originally Posted by TigerLily 

Dreams actually has their own honeymoon registry too. Here's the link: http://dreams.honeymoonwishes.com/.

We're thinking of doing the Dreams Registry and maybe a small registry at Bed Bath & Beyond, for those who don't want to do the online thing. My fiance and I are on the same boat too- bought a house last year-and really don't need more bath towels and coffee mugs : )

I also figured it couldn't hurt to have a little birdie drop hints on the family (the little bird being my FMIL, lol) that perhaps cash would be the most useful gift, since we're paying for the entire thing ourselves and already live together.

Even though its a dw and def way cheaper than a traditional wedding, costs are still adding up and a litte extra help in that dept would be wonderful!

Quote:

Bud and Jackie
                Dreams Riviera Cancun
                2-24-12

#6118 Missy1

Missy1
                • 75 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hi ladies. Just got back from my wedding which was 4/22/11. I see there have been some issues with the DJ. Let me be the first to say that I used DJ Mauricio and he was great. He played everything we wanted took requests all night long and my guests had an absolute blast. You should be more concerned with the sound technician if anyone plans on using him for your ceremony music. He does not speak a lick of English so word to the wise....keep the music simple.

Veronica was my wedding coordinator and she was fabulous! It even rained 45 minutes into my reception and we had to be moved to the ballroom but we were fortunate enough to have beautiful weather all through the ceremony and all through our pictures, first dances and cake cutting. DJ Mauricio even stayed an extra hour free of charge because of the move we had to make to the ballroom.

#6119 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                  • 183 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

That's probably correct b/c each tower has 6 lanterns and each lantern cost 10 each.

By the way, l just found out today that Deco Cancun is not approved with Dreams any longer.  I have a contract with Deco now I am not sure what to do. 

Freakin so inconsistent at the Resort.

Originally Posted by ursula 

Hi Ladies,  I need some help...I know i remeber reading in a couple of the most recent reviews that DRC now rents for the reception those hanging lantern lights that alot of people were renting from DecoCancun.  and I also rember the price being somethign like $10 each.  so i emailed Ana yesterday saying i want to use those for my reception. 

Her answer:  

The rent of this kind of lights is $60usd each tower

Really???  $60   Each that's ridiculous.  since I KNOW I read $10 somewhere.  Am I remembering my info wrong?  Does anyone rember who's review it was that mentioned they rented these from Dreams?

#6120 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                    • 183 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

Hey you know what they say, after you my love, ladies always first

I ADDED US!  YIPPIE!!1 05/12/2012  LOL Do you all notice how WE ALL put our names first, then "him?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users