Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#5841 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

I adore the sandals very stylish and classy.  I wish I can wear sandals too but with my frame, I would look too short and stumpy lol. 

Originally Posted by Carbaholic 

I'm wearing flats - both because I want to be comfortable and also because I'm afraid of heels in the deck!  I only went into one store (Town Shoes - in Toronto), but I'm 90% sure I'm going with these.  My dress is very simple (long chiffon, sweetheart strapless with tiny row of bling under the bust - kind of Grecian looking) so I wanted a fun pair of sandals!  I promise these are nicer in person  ;)  

ZiGiny Grizzleez

#5842 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
    • 183 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Just a thought, can you find some outside cigar roller and bring them in and pay the day pass, that's probably cheaper than paying 300 for a 10 cigars.  You can also stroll down to the beach and get a pack of 10 cigars for 30 dollars.

Originally Posted by ursula 

I thought I had seen a better/cheaper price listed in the forum somewhere.  I don't understand, don't they have a list with ACTUAL PRICES?? not what they feel like charging that day??? 

I really wanted to do both the cigar roller and the fire dancers.  i thought it would be a nice thing for my guests but at these prices i'm not going to do both and $300 for 10 cigars is crazy to me! 

#5843 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
      • 183 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

Lily,

I believe the outside vendor fee is like 55 or 65, I forgot.  I find that it's not just the resort that is inconsistent with their pricings it's the outside vendors too.  I was getting a quote from Deco Cancun and they are quoting me so high compared to one of the past bride from here.  I wrote to them and they said b/c the person that was there before made a mistake and she is no longer with them now.  In general, I believe the whole country does not have a set price, they can set whatever price they want and it is damn frustrating. 

Originally Posted by TigerLily 

Sorry, I don't have any info for you, but I totally agree...its exhausting trying to get answers from them. I'm sure they hate that there's websites like this- imagine if we didn't have fellow brides to compare things with? They'd rob us blind, lol. I honestly just don't understand why they don't have a set price list, like black & white, this is the way it is and these are the prices...frustrating to say the least.

Does anyone know what the current outside vendor fee is now?? I know its been discussed several times, but they're so back and forth, who knows. I think I recall being excited since it dropped from $500 to...$50? Am I making this up? I can't remember...

#5844 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
        • 183 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

congratulations, I can't wait to hear you review and see your pictures.  I am sure everything will be perfect:)

Originally Posted by jlerv 

My wedding is next week (4/1) YAY!!!!! Samuel Luna is an approved outside photographer and I only have to pay the $80 day pass fee. He has been a dream to work with! Originally when they changed the policy I was going to have to pay the $500 fee but then they discussed it with the photographer and magically it worked out! I'm using the resort photographer for a "Trash the Dress" session the next day. This has been quite the process considering I've been through 4 wedding coordinators already. I currently have Veronica and she's been great to work with, even calling me one evening to work out details. I don't plan on working out the decor for the ceremony and reception until I get there as I'm hoping to work out a deal. We went with the ultimate package but I'm not using a lot of it so I'm not sure if it's worth it. We're bringing our own officiant and I'm doing my own makeup. I think I may have chosen food off of the silver menu instead of the gold menu also. If I could do it over again I may have went with the love package. No biggie though and I'm sure it will all work out well! I'll let you know all of the details after the wedding!

#5845 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
          • 465 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

Yes- very frustrating. Its bad enough that they hardly reply and ignore direct questions but its even more frustrating that everyone is getting a different answer.
            No wonder everyone says to keep your emails as back up for when you get down there!

Originally Posted by TigerLily 

Sorry, I don't have any info for you, but I totally agree...its exhausting trying to get answers from them. I'm sure they hate that there's websites like this- imagine if we didn't have fellow brides to compare things with? They'd rob us blind, lol. I honestly just don't understand why they don't have a set price list, like black & white, this is the way it is and these are the prices...frustrating to say the least.

Does anyone know what the current outside vendor fee is now?? I know its been discussed several times, but they're so back and forth, who knows. I think I recall being excited since it dropped from $500 to...$50? Am I making this up? I can't remember...

#5846 sarcrook

sarcrook
            • 241 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:08 AM

I was getting quotes from Deco Cancun too but it seems to be a pain!  All I want is somebody to drape fabric on the Gazebo..maybe I can buy my own fabric and have somebody hang it..?  I don't like it when they put the flowers on it..

#5847 sarcrook

sarcrook
              • 241 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:09 AM

Congrats!!

I can't wait for your review!! 

Originally Posted by jlerv 

My wedding is next week (4/1) YAY!!!!! Samuel Luna is an approved outside photographer and I only have to pay the $80 day pass fee. He has been a dream to work with! Originally when they changed the policy I was going to have to pay the $500 fee but then they discussed it with the photographer and magically it worked out! I'm using the resort photographer for a "Trash the Dress" session the next day. This has been quite the process considering I've been through 4 wedding coordinators already. I currently have Veronica and she's been great to work with, even calling me one evening to work out details. I don't plan on working out the decor for the ceremony and reception until I get there as I'm hoping to work out a deal. We went with the ultimate package but I'm not using a lot of it so I'm not sure if it's worth it. We're bringing our own officiant and I'm doing my own makeup. I think I may have chosen food off of the silver menu instead of the gold menu also. If I could do it over again I may have went with the love package. No biggie though and I'm sure it will all work out well! I'll let you know all of the details after the wedding!

#5848 ursula

ursula
                • 156 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

I've read on here a bunch of times, people bringing their own fabric to the resort for the Gazebo.  and i also remember reading that they werent charged for it either.  Hope this helps. :)

Originally Posted by sarcrook 

I was getting quotes from Deco Cancun too but it seems to be a pain!  All I want is somebody to drape fabric on the Gazebo..maybe I can buy my own fabric and have somebody hang it..?  I don't like it when they put the flowers on it..

#5849 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                  • 183 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:31 AM

I am purchasing the gazebo fabric from ebay.  They have some nice satin fabric on there that is really cheap.  I think I am going to cancel my whole deal with Deco.  The only reason I was using there are for the lanterns but since the resort offers them, there is no need for them.

Originally Posted by sarcrook 

#5850 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
                    • 465 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

I agree! I still haven't decided if I'll use the gazebo or the beach but I was going to bring in Deco or EW for those nice lanterns and maybe some comfy benches for the reception on the pool deck - but I can live without the benches if the resort offers the lanterns.
                      I had no idea they offered the lanters!! It doesn't say anything about it in the brochure! But now I'm a bit worried if they'll have my colors or not

I am purchasing the gazebo fabric from ebay.  They have some nice satin fabric on there that is really cheap.  I think I am going to cancel my whole deal with Deco.  The only reason I was using there are for the lanterns but since the resort offers them, there is no need for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users