Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#571 Laura22610

Laura22610
  • 468 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CarlyChristine
    Laura, can you please post the buffet menus? I'd really like to see them. Thanks!
    Sure! There are a lot of menus on this document but the buffet dinner menus are towards the end. Let me know if the attachment doesn't work...I've never tried attaching a document before :)

Attachment 4341

Attached Files

#572 CarlyChristine

CarlyChristine
    • 160 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Laura22610
      Sure! There are a lot of menus on this document but the buffet dinner menus are towards the end. Let me know if the attachment doesn't work...I've never tried attaching a document before :)

Attachment 4341

Worked! Thank you much!

#573 Megan24

Megan24
      • 271 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Laura22610

Attachment 4341

Thanks. I guess I still do not have enough points yet to see the menu. I will send Ana a email so she can send it to me.

I am not all that happy with the selection of food that were on the other list you put up. But I think I want a sit down dinner instead of a buffet. I am really thinking I might just try to save money and have the recpetion at one of the restaurants. It is so hard for me to justify spending so much money at a all inclusive resort.

We will see.

#574 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
        • 203 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

I feel the same. I don't mind being split up or having a less than private reception. I just can't pay that much more for cocktails and dinner when they are included. I have talked to Ana and she said that if we didn't mind splitting up into two or so groups of 10ish then we could talk to the manager the morning before about getting into the restaurant together. Hopefully this will work.

#575 Megan24

Megan24
          • 271 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by EmmaGaussoin
            I feel the same. I don't mind being split up or having a less than private reception. I just can't pay that much more for cocktails and dinner when they are included. I have talked to Ana and she said that if we didn't mind splitting up into two or so groups of 10ish then we could talk to the manager the morning before about getting into the restaurant together. Hopefully this will work.

But I wonder do you miss out on the cutting the cake, the first dance, and all the tradition things that go along with the reception. What do you plan to do after you eat?

#576 Laura22610

Laura22610
            • 468 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
              Ok, one more thing...

In 48 hours I will be at the resort!!! Yippie! I can't wait :)
              Hope you have a great time! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the resort!!

#577 chirorach

chirorach
              • 200 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Megan24
                But I wonder do you miss out on the cutting the cake, the first dance, and all the tradition things that go along with the reception. What do you plan to do after you eat?
                you do have the option of having your reception with the love package on the beach/deck/etc right? i would ask Ana if you could still hold that place and you could eat your dinner in the restaurant and then move back outside to the reception venue for cake/dancing/etc?? that would still allow for great pictures!

#578 Lili11

Lili11
                • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by chirorach
                  you do have the option of having your reception with the love package on the beach/deck/etc right? i would ask Ana if you could still hold that place and you could eat your dinner in the restaurant and then move back outside to the reception venue for cake/dancing/etc?? that would still allow for great pictures!
                  I was wondering the same thing..(what to do after the dinner) I really want to be able to party and dance with all my guest without having to pay extra for a DJ or a location. Maybe go to the club if the resort has one??

#579 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
                  • 203 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

Quote:
                    After dinner I planned on maybe hanging out at one of the bars and doing our cake and such then or even during/after dinner. Also, for dancing I was hoping to go to the Club (desires) It doesn't open until 9 or 10 but when it first opens nobody will be there except for my guests so hopefully we can talk to the DJ there about personalizing it a little bit I will bring my IPod for our first dance. Maybe tipping him will help? I may eventually decide to upgrade my package but for right now that is the plan I don't think I can budget the extra $2000.

#580 ashmahan

ashmahan
                    • 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
                      Here are some questions for you ladies...
                      I picked the love package
                      Does anyone know what kind of food we can pick for the reception? Is there a menu?

Also what flowers, centerpiece, and cake goes with this package. I know some of you girls picked this package just wondering if Ana sent you any of these things. Or do you just wait until you get there and pick out what you like?
                      Sorry I have not been in the forum for a while... But I m wondering about centre pieces??.. Did Ana say that these were included in the love package? What do they look like? I was planning on using my bridesmaid flowers as centre pieces for the tabels... Getting a vase from Walmart or something when I get there....

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (3)