Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#5761 WestBacaniWedding

WestBacaniWedding
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Congratulations Ashley! What a beautiful bride and a beautiful wedding!!! I've just emailed you some questions! Looking forward to your review & thank you for sharing!

Originally Posted by ashleybyers 

Hi All!

I got married March 7th! The resort is beautiful. All I can say is trust them they know what they are doing. I will write a full review later this week but, I just wanted to send over my slideshow so you can see my pictures. My wedding coordinator was Veronica. She was amazing to work with and easy going. I got to work with Anel at Adventure Photos who works at the resort. LOVE LOVE LOVE her. If you are getting married at Dreams I highly suggest to work with Anel!! Not only are her pictures good she is amazing to work with. She has so much energy and really made our day fun.

If you want to email me questions my email is byers.ashley@gmail.com

our wedding slideshow

http://070311byers.d...mx/#/slideshow/  

dream riviera cancun ~ may 10, 2011

#5762 WestBacaniWedding

WestBacaniWedding
    • 57 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:12 AM

Will your travel agent make adjustments if prices drop. I've heard that they most will reimburse the difference if prices changes. I do agree about the "group rate." It's not really a discount at all. I found our exact quote "group rate" prices on bookit.com! I think the only benefit to groups is the whole "6th room booked free night" promo.

Originally Posted by Carbaholic 

It's so crazy how often the prices go up and down for these all-inclusive trips.  When we originally booked with a "group discount", we got a price of $1845 (CDN) all in.  In the last 3-4 months, there have been times (like now) where the price dropped down to $1532 all in!  That makes a big difference for people who are going as a couple, saving $600.  Now I feel bad, because I was pressuring them to pay early as a group and make sure they got their deposits in, etc.  At 10 months out it seemed like a good idea because the listed prices were $2300 - but they always seem to drop.  If I had to go back and do it all again, I'm not sure I would bother setting up the group rate at all.  

dream riviera cancun ~ may 10, 2011

#5763 jkhowell

jkhowell
      • 121 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

Ashley,

Your wedding was sooo beautiful. I think those are the best pictures Ive seen yet from the resort photographers!!! I do have a couple questions....Did you get your cake from the resort too or did you use an outside vendor? Also, what time was your cermony? Seemed like perfect weather!

You looked amazing!

Hi All!

I got married March 7th! The resort is beautiful. All I can say is trust them they know what they are doing. I will write a full review later this week but, I just wanted to send over my slideshow so you can see my pictures. My wedding coordinator was Veronica. She was amazing to work with and easy going. I got to work with Anel at Adventure Photos who works at the resort. LOVE LOVE LOVE her. If you are getting married at Dreams I highly suggest to work with Anel!! Not only are her pictures good she is amazing to work with. She has so much energy and really made our day fun.

our wedding slideshow

Bud and Jackie
        Dreams Riviera Cancun
        2-24-12

#5764 sarcrook

sarcrook
        • 241 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

I found some on eBay:

I was just wondering where people who made key card holders got the plastic ziplock-y part?  I'm having a hard time finding them.

Thanks!

#5765 sarcrook

sarcrook
          • 241 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

YEAH!!!  I'm SO glad!!  That is awesome!!  I HAD to share - it took me so long to find something that I thought it could help!!!  You are SO welcome..it is my pleasure to share..I'm so happy it worked out for you too!! 

Originally Posted by SharonMydung 

Sacrock,

I sent my bridesmaid a picture of your bridesmaid dress and they all love it.  My maid of honor will be wearing a different dress inspired by Liz Fields too, # 359.  My other 3 bridesmaid will be wearing style #362, I hope that will be ok with you.  I have been sending them so many pictures of different bridemaid's dresses and they weren't too excited about it but with the the Liz Fields style, they were unamimous, Wow.........Thank you for sharing my dear:):)

#5766 sarcrook

sarcrook
            • 241 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Oh...YEAH!!  That is so fun!!  I'm so glad they like them!! 

No kidding..one month appart!  We would love to do February but it is very expensive!!

Originally Posted by jkhowell 

Sarcrook,

I am too a hairstylist! Thats so funny, I feel like Ive seen a good amount on this website. Also, thank you for the Liz fields bridesmaid dresses too. I also sent them to all my bridesmaids and they loved them. My color is teal/tiffanybluish color and it has been pretty hard finding a color that is right and not too blue.

So we are going to be exactly one month after you February 24, 2012!

#5767 sarcrook

sarcrook
              • 241 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

Your wedding was beautiful!!

Can't wait for your reveiw..would love to know what Photo package you got - also which DJ.  The dance floor looks a bit small to me - did you feel that way?

Thanks in advance for your review! 

Hi All!

our wedding slideshow

#5768 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                • 183 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

We are getting married in July too and was wondering the same thing.  I was in Cancun in July once and I know the weather is bearable at night but I hope it's not too hot and wonder if I should get a short dress for the reception as well.  Let me know if you find out anything else.

Originally Posted by MR1124 

Does anyone know if the temperature at night is pleasant or humid for July?  I am just wondering if the reception would be comfortable for our guests if the reception location is by the pool.

#5769 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                  • 183 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

We are coming four days early to explore Playa Del Carmen alone:)  Thinking about staying at the Royal Playa, we stayed at the Royal in Cancun before and we absolutely love the resort, so beautiful and food was just incredible.

Originally Posted by jkhowell 

• We are in the same boat! We also bought a house last year and have everything we pretty much need. Is anyone else going somewhere different for their honeymoon? Whether it be a different hotel or different location in general?

#5770 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                    • 183 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

Brooke,

That's what I am doing too.  Been going to the gym more than I have for the past year lol.  I am also doing the P90x.  A month before my wedding I am also going to do a 20 day master cleanse.  That will get me all skinny and my skin will be sooo glowy.  I've done a 10 day master cleanse in the past so I think this time I will try a 20 day:) 

My sister and aunt both dropped so much weight before their wedding and they didn't even diet, they just said it's from stressing but my problem is that I do not lose weight from stress lol. 

Originally Posted by brookeh68 

Thank you Sharon!  I just need to stay on my dieting and going to the gym! lol 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users