Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#5501 LAURERN1564

LAURERN1564
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:49 PM

HI Everyone...100 days till we leave for our wedding!!! Has anyone booked transportation to the hotel from the airport.....unfortuanately my TA wont give us transfers but I found cancuntransfers.com that actually will give us a minibus for all 17 people arriving at the same time....I was just curious what everyone else is doing :)

#5502 sarcrook

sarcrook
    • 241 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

I can't even believe it - first Ivan..no Julian..I'm SO pissed.  What the hell is going on and why are they taking every option away from us???!!!  Unbelieveable...

Originally Posted by SharonMydung 

I cannot believe the resort is being so ridiculous about the DJ's.  It seems like they don't want you to use any outside vendors except for their own.  I am soooo bummed, I was looking forward to DJ Molina.

#5503 TigerLily

TigerLily
      • 201 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

Honestly!! Can you imagine all the money they make from all our weddings? The least they could do is be accomodating to the people that are bringing them a ton of business! If I had read all this before I booked, I would have seriously considered going with a different resort...ugh...I chose a DW to be less stressed, lol!

What about DJ Mannia...do we know if he's on the approved list?

Or has anyone used or heard anything about their "approved" in house DJ?

-Lily

Originally Posted by sarcrook 

I can't even believe it - first Ivan..no Julian..I'm SO pissed.  What the hell is going on and why are they taking every option away from us???!!!  Unbelieveable...

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SharonMydung 

I cannot believe the resort is being so ridiculous about the DJ's.  It seems like they don't want you to use any outside vendors except for their own.  I am soooo bummed, I was looking forward to DJ Molina.

#5504 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
        • 183 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

Cancun transfers or Best Day Transfers will be the cheapest as far as transfers from airport to resort.  Lily, I agree with you, if I found this site before I had everyone booked, I would've chose a different resort.  I have emailed the resort DJ and he hasn't responded to me, so frustrating.  I wish I didn't have such a big group so we just utilize all the free stuff.  It's insane that we're going to an all inclusive resort bringing them all more business and in the end they charge us for more for all the extras.  If they charge us for the extras then shouldn't we be allowed to use whomever we like.  Sorry for the venting but I am soooo annoyed at this point.

At least I found my dress over the weekend.

#5505 LAURERN1564

LAURERN1564
          • 60 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

Hi Everyone.....I was told that the resorts DJ is Mauricio has anyone heard of him or how to contact him?

#5506 jlerv

jlerv
            • 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

The DJ's email is visualsound2010@hotmail.com His name is DJ Mauricio Neri and you can look at his pics on Facebook at "Music for Your Eyes" (corny I know but he has a light up dance floor similar to DJ Mannia. From what I understand his pricing is $300/hr but I'm waiting to find out if that includes the dance floor. I'll keep you all posted.

#5507 LAURERN1564

LAURERN1564
              • 60 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

Awesome thanks but I couldn' find him on facebook :/

#5508 Menaka

Menaka
                • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

DJ Doremixx was listed at $300 per hour as well...but my TA just spoke with the resort and they said Doremixx was charging $650 and  the new DJ is only charging $500 - I'm so confused....I wonder what the resort will be charging us for the new DJ.  Has anyone used him yet or heard anything about him?

#5509 sarcrook

sarcrook
                  • 241 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:26 AM

I just sent an email to my WC cause I'm so frustrated.  I asked her if I will get to choose my own DJ or if they are gonna choose for me - seems like they are making it so I only have one option. 

Waiting to hear if DJ Mannia is an option - I doubt it.

Their house DJ is SO expensive..DJ Julian was only $650 for 5 hours.  Also..his light up dance floor is tiny.

So frustrated. 

#5510 Lindsay in love

Lindsay in love
                    • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

I am having a conference call with the resort, Ana specifically on Tuesday Feb 15th and will ask about the DJ situation. I'm not sure what's not working in the contract for them to be turning down so many vendors? Hopefully I will be able to get some clarification from her to make sense of all of this? Seems strange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users