Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#5491 Menaka

Menaka
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

Is dj Molina the new resort dj or an outside vendor? Is dj mannia an approved dj? We were going to play some Indian music at our wedding nd had it worked out without doremixx what format we had to bring the music in....hope e new dj can accomodate.

#5492 ashleybyers

ashleybyers
    • 41 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

Where did you order your maracas from? I thought that was super cute!

#5493 kmbride2be

kmbride2be
      • 29 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

pbj,

Do you think that you could send the planning sheets to me too?
        kmbride2be@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

#5494 brookeh68

brookeh68
        • 96 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

ADDING ON TO ASHLEY'S QUESTION ABOUT MARACAS- HOW MUCH WERE THEY EACH AND DID YOU HAVE THEM DELIVERED TO THE RESORT? IF SO, HOW MUCH WAS THE CHARGE FROM THE RESORT?  I AM HEARING MISCHKA DESIGNS HAS GREAT MARACAS BUT I DO NOT HAVE ANY PRICING TO GO BY- THANKS!

Originally Posted by ashleybyers 

[B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlu[QUOTE]

#5495 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
          • 183 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

DJ Molina is an outside DJ.  I think DJ Mannia is an outside DJ as well.  DJ Molina is in the process of working out the details with the resort.  They are being indecisive again.  They told him the other day that everything was fine and now they are not approving him as of yet.

Sharon

Originally Posted by Menaka 

Is dj Molina the new resort dj or an outside vendor? Is dj mannia an approved dj? We were going to play some Indian music at our wedding nd had it worked out without doremixx what format we had to bring the music in....hope e new dj can accomodate.

#5496 Lindsay in love

Lindsay in love
            • 52 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:10 AM

ADDING ON TO ASHLEY'S QUESTION ABOUT MARACAS- HOW MUCH WERE THEY EACH AND DID YOU HAVE THEM DELIVERED TO THE RESORT? IF SO, HOW MUCH WAS THE CHARGE FROM THE RESORT?  I AM HEARING MISCHKA DESIGNS HAS GREAT MARACAS BUT I DO NOT HAVE ANY PRICING TO GO BY- THANKS!

Quote:

There are a few different vendors for maracas. Mishka's are personalized, unique and can be shipped to the resort directly. They are more costly then other maracas that aren't personalized. I've ordered 100 maracas from Amols in San Antonio as the price is much more appealing and I may choose to personalize them myself? They just say Mexico on them but are definitely cute. http://www.amols.com...g/product/MX700 You can get them in assorted colours or you can get them in set colours, blue, light blue, pink, orange etc...they are much much cheaper and if you order more then 12 (2 per package) they discount the price to $1.95 for the pair...Mishka's are about $3 to $4 each depending on how detailed you want them. By going with Amols, I saved myself over $200 which I could put towards parasols and fans from Luna Bazaar. Even with high shipping costs to Canada it works out to cost savings. Mishka's website is http://mishkadesignspv.blogspot.com/ This could be the right way to go if you don't want to worry about travelling with all the maracas in tow. Hope this helps ladies!

#5497 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
              • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

I actually am just wrapping up an order with Mishka.  I ordered 40 maracas @ $5.75 ea. plus 40 tags that read "Shake for a Kiss" which were $16.00 (.40 ea.). The shipping to the resort is $100.00 so all together it came in at $346.00.  My logo is pretty nuts though; very vibrant, bright and detailed so I'm sure that you could get the actual maracas for less depending the design you were going for.  She is such a lovely person to work with and if you ever get to peek on her site, you'll see she is fabulously talented.  She was a must-have for our wedding LOL

Originally Posted by brookeh68 

Quote:

http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

#5498 WestBacaniWedding

WestBacaniWedding
                • 57 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:19 AM

I am also using Mishka's Maracas. I actually ordered maracas from Amols & they were lovely. The people were great to work with. Unfortunately, they sent me the wrong color. (They paid for the pick up & offered to ship the correct color. But I opted for a refund.) I decided I didn't want to deal with the cost to ship the maracas to Mexico & chance them getting caught up in customs.  Packing them in a suitcase would not be good (I ordered 50) because they were quite heavy & I need the suitcase room for OOT bags! Soooo...Mishka is the one. She's wonderful to work with & I think her pricing is good considering they are customized! She ships them straight to the resort for you. I cannot wait to see MINE :) Hope this helps!

dream riviera cancun ~ may 10, 2011

#5499 WestBacaniWedding

WestBacaniWedding
                  • 57 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

Oh Yeah...If you decide to order from Mishka...make sure you contact her early....she has so many requests that she has to have "cut off dates."

dream riviera cancun ~ may 10, 2011

#5500 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                    • 183 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

I cannot believe the resort is being so ridiculous about the DJ's.  It seems like they don't want you to use any outside vendors except for their own.  I am soooo bummed, I was looking forward to DJ Molina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users