Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#5421 rach2011

rach2011
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

We are in the final stages of planning and I will tell you that Ana had no problem letting us forego the cocktail hour and applying the credit ($26/per * 20 people) towards our dinner.  We will have people meet at the beach bar and drink from there while we take pictures.  While we couldn't get credit for the Mexican trio that is part of the package, so they will just set up by the bar and play there.

Originally Posted by TigerLily 

I know I'm a little late but REALLY?! They're not charging the $500 outside vendor fee anymore? Yaaayyy!! I hope this is really the case. I just sent Ana an email yesterday about some other things so I guess I'll wait before asking her about this. I worry cause it seems each coordinator gives each bride different info. We're on tight budget and would really like to get rid of cocktail hour for extra dinners (which is what I just emailed about) so we'll see what she says. I've heard of a bunch of brides doing this but recently I know someone on here said her coordinator told her no.

Does anyone know if you can do that? Trade in cocktail hour (have everyone meet at a bar instead) and have 30 dinners instead of 20? An extra 10 dinners instead of cocktail hour is mostly what I've seen on this forum...

Sharon, where did you order your dress from? I haven't gone dress shopping yet but I've been looking online alot. I know its risky but some of the dresses or so much cheaper!  That stinks about your dress- I take it there are no refunds? I'm sure you'll find something soon!

Ashlynn, thanks for posting that-I'll have to check out that website for our chair sashes.

#5422 rach2011

rach2011
    • 46 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

One thing to add is that this time of year, the beach bar closes at 6pm, so think of that when planning the schedule.

Originally Posted by rach2011 

We are in the final stages of planning and I will tell you that Ana had no problem letting us forego the cocktail hour and applying the credit ($26/per * 20 people) towards our dinner.  We will have people meet at the beach bar and drink from there while we take pictures.  While we couldn't get credit for the Mexican trio that is part of the package, so they will just set up by the bar and play there.

Quote:

I know I'm a little late but REALLY?! They're not charging the $500 outside vendor fee anymore? Yaaayyy!! I hope this is really the case. I just sent Ana an email yesterday about some other things so I guess I'll wait before asking her about this. I worry cause it seems each coordinator gives each bride different info. We're on tight budget and would really like to get rid of cocktail hour for extra dinners (which is what I just emailed about) so we'll see what she says. I've heard of a bunch of brides doing this but recently I know someone on here said her coordinator told her no.

Does anyone know if you can do that? Trade in cocktail hour (have everyone meet at a bar instead) and have 30 dinners instead of 20? An extra 10 dinners instead of cocktail hour is mostly what I've seen on this forum...

Sharon, where did you order your dress from? I haven't gone dress shopping yet but I've been looking online alot. I know its risky but some of the dresses or so much cheaper!  That stinks about your dress- I take it there are no refunds? I'm sure you'll find something soon!

Ashlynn, thanks for posting that-I'll have to check out that website for our chair sashes.

#5423 sarcrook

sarcrook
      • 241 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

rach2011..are you going to use DJ Julian Molina for your DJ or the resort DJ??  What are they offering if you use him?

Do you know if that the one that is on Facebook?  His light up dance floor looks tiny...

Yes..Ana told us the same thing regarding the Cocktail Hour.  Such a great exchange!!    ffor

#5424 sarcrook

sarcrook
        • 241 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

Can you brides share you music with me?  What are you using for your girls to walk down, you..are you having music while the guests get seated and when the groom/groomsmen walk out?  Cake cutting song??

Thanks!!  Just curious..

#5425 TigerLily

TigerLily
          • 201 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the info Rach, that's really good to know! Yeah, I've read that most bars close pretty early...we originally wanted a later ceremony time (around 4) but she said only 2 pm was available (which I'm now ok with) so this should work out-we'll just have everyone meet at one of the bars like you're planning. This will definitely help with costs...Thank you and good luck- you must be so excited!

#5426 Missy1

Missy1
            • 75 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

After speaking with Veronica again about trading out the dinners for the cocktail hour what she told me was that I could extend my reception for an extra hour for no additional charge which works for me...you still have to pay for the additional dinners but you don't have to pay for those additional people for the cocktail hour. I'm just having my guest meet at one of the bars by the pool and having the mariachi band play there.

#5427 sarcrook

sarcrook
              • 241 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:47 AM

So how long of a reception are you doing?  The price doesn't work out even but it's nice you don't have to pay for both.  It's weird that one WC will offer one thing and another offer's something else.  Seems backwards!

Originally Posted by Missy1 

After speaking with Veronica again about trading out the dinners for the cocktail hour what she told me was that I could extend my reception for an extra hour for no additional charge which works for me...you still have to pay for the additional dinners but you don't have to pay for those additional people for the cocktail hour. I'm just having my guest meet at one of the bars by the pool and having the mariachi band play there.

Quote:

#5428 brookeh68

brookeh68
                • 96 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

Steve and Amy 2/04/2011
                  Tara & Andy 2/10/11
                  rscherle- 2/19/2011

Rachel & Kevin - 2/20/2011
                  saymyname74- 3/5/2011

L'Oreal and Michael - 3/26/11

Kerry & Gary - 4/8/2011
                  Melissa & Michael - 4/22/11
                  Dawn & Jimmy  - 4/30/2011
                  Leah & Jamie - 5/3/11
                  Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
                  Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
                  Melissa & Nathanael 5/8/11
                  Winter & Steven - 5/10/2011
                  Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011

Lauren & Brian 05/25/2011

Brooke & Mike 06-18-2011

Sharon & Josh 7/17/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Maile & Richard 8/26/11

Ivelisse & Steve 10/28/11

[B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlu[QUOTE]

#5429 Lindsay in love

Lindsay in love
                  • 52 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

Someone needs to squeeze me in between Winter and Steven and Melissa and Nathaniel Yay May brides! Lindsay and Greg May 9th 2011 <3

#5430 rach2011

rach2011
                    • 46 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

Haven't decided completely about the DJ.  They offered the lit dance floor for free, but you are right, it looks small if those are the pictures on FB.  I asked how large it was and am awaiting on an answer.  If the size is acceptable, I may use the resort DJ.

Originally Posted by sarcrook 

rach2011..are you going to use DJ Julian Molina for your DJ or the resort DJ??  What are they offering if you use him?

Do you know if that the one that is on Facebook?  His light up dance floor looks tiny...

Yes..Ana told us the same thing regarding the Cocktail Hour.  Such a great exchange!!    ffor

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users