Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#5021 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

Ladies,

The originaly wedding coordinator, Ana, was all alone with no help and made quite a mess for the wedding department at the dreams.  I think she just had too much to handle by herself and she became extremely unorganized and WAY overbooked the resort for weddings.  The following wedding coordinators have been trying to play "catch up" and it has been extremely stressful for them.  Gaby told me she gets there at 7:30 in the morning and doesn't get home until 9:00 at night - 7 days a week!  Due to personal reasons and the extreme hours and high stress of this job (just imagine all the crazy brides!), she resigned. 

There are still 3 wedding coordinators there, that have been working with Gaby.  Luckily there is more than one person.  Gaby told me that they have 2-3 weddings/day until June 2011.  From that point forward, they are only going to have one wedding a day. - This is a good thing!-

However, with all of this being said, my wedding and all others that I have read about,  turned out amazing!  So, I have faith that if they can do such an amazing job with the weddings while being so busy, that they will continue to do an amazing job as they get more organized and have fewer weddings.

Don't panic!  Just be patient and your communication with them will get better and more frequent as you get closer.  Honestly, just tell them what you want, and they will make it happen.  Pictures are very helpful for them!

Still working on my review but it will be soon!

Lori

#5022 sarcrook

sarcrook
    • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

Hello Ladies!  I wanted to share this thread with you..it's on another thread I've been on for NOW Sapphire - this couple went to Puerto Morelos to do site visits...their is a short review & pics for DRC! 

http://www.bestdesti...os#post_1499409

#5023 sarcrook

sarcrook
      • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

Looks like Ana is back on as the WC..I just received an email from her..

#5024 sarcrook

sarcrook
        • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

Is/has everybody did/done a legal ceremony??  I'm just wondering..it's quite pricey and saves a LOT of money to do it here first..???  Any thoughts??

#5025 sarcrook

sarcrook
          • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

Past brides..can you tell me which room again was the best one?  And if you remember - did they charge you for an upgrade or did you receive the upgrade due to how many booked??  Thanks!

#5026 pbjwed

pbjwed
            • 389 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

1502  best room!  mastersuite and based on rooms we got an upgrade!!

here is contact for DECO cancun  sheri@revitaglow.ca

PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#5027 sarcrook

sarcrook
              • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Thank you so much pbjwed!!!

#5028 sarcrook

sarcrook
                • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

pbjwed..how many people did you have?

#5029 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
                  • 134 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

It's a different Ana (I am pretty sure!)

Originally Posted by sarcrook 

Looks like Ana is back on as the WC..I just received an email from her..

#5030 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
                    • 134 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

We got married before we went, just for this reason. It cost about $400 to do it there and we had to mess with blood tests.  It was just simpler and less expensive to do it here first.

Originally Posted by sarcrook 

Is/has everybody did/done a legal ceremony??  I'm just wondering..it's quite pricey and saves a LOT of money to do it here first..???  Any thoughts??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users