Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#481 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:52 AM

Did you all have a chance to view the segment on Lifetime's Balancing Act? It is talking about the Kid's Explorers Club but it is kind of cool to watch because you get some shots of the resort.

Check it out...

The Balancing Act - Airing at 7:30am Weekdays on Lifetime Television

#482 chirorach

chirorach
    • 200 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:15 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
      Hey good news! Dreams Riviera has made it to #2 out of 26 hotels in Puerto Morelos on trip advisor. I think that is awesome!
      hahaha glad to know i am not the only one checking this daily :-)

#483 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
      • 631 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:25 AM

Quote:
        Yeah I have read this too. I think it is a bummer. But I guess you can't have everything! I heard that the reef directly out from the resort has some beautiful snorkling and you can catch a boat right at the resort. There is an additional fee, but I'm sure it is worth it. Also, I'm wondering if the clarity of the water depends on the season (just a thought...not sure though).
        I have been bombarding the poor facebook people, haha. Saw that at 11:30 each day, a boat takes you 5 minutes out for great snorkeling. I asked about the price and how long you are out for. Waiting to hear back.
        Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
        At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
        25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#484 chirorach

chirorach
        • 200 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tifuhhknee
          I have been bombarding the poor facebook people, haha. Saw that at 11:30 each day, a boat takes you 5 minutes out for great snorkeling. I asked about the price and how long you are out for. Waiting to hear back.
          great tidbit!!! keep us posted:-)

#485 Megan24

Megan24
          • 271 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

Okay I was kind of worried after reading Lauren review. But I asked some people on facebook if sushi was included as all inclusive and they said it was. Any sushi fans just though you should know that.

#486 wisconsinbride2010

wisconsinbride2010
            • 98 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

is anyone having the guitarist or any live music offered at their wedding? I was thinking of doing something like this for the ceremony and then for dinner too. I just didn't know if anyone had more information as to who they use..

#487 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
              • 393 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:40 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010
                is anyone having the guitarist or any live music offered at their wedding? I was thinking of doing something like this for the ceremony and then for dinner too. I just didn't know if anyone had more information as to who they use..
                With the Ultimate package you get 1 hour free of Mariachi or Carbinean trio. I am going to use one for the cocktail hour. I just don't know what the difference is. I will have to ask ana during my visit. I was probably going to use an ipod for the ceremony music as I don't think I will play the traditional wedding song. I haven't figured it all out yet though. Maybe I will have someone play during dinner too.

Is anyone getting a DJ? I was planning on it, but wondered if that seems weird with only 30 people. What is everyone else doing?

#488 Laura22610

Laura22610
                • 468 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:25 AM

Quote:
                  With the Ultimate package you get 1 hour free of Mariachi or Carbinean trio. I am going to use one for the cocktail hour. I just don't know what the difference is. I will have to ask ana during my visit. I was probably going to use an ipod for the ceremony music as I don't think I will play the traditional wedding song. I haven't figured it all out yet though. Maybe I will have someone play during dinner too.

Is anyone getting a DJ? I was planning on it, but wondered if that seems weird with only 30 people. What is everyone else doing?
                  I was also going to use the Mariachi or Caribbean trio also for the cocktail hour. And I am not getting a DJ. We will probably have about 30-35 people and I was just going to use my ipod for dinner and the reception. I was planning on bringing a small docking station/speakers for my ipod, which I think will be loud enough and good enough sound for 30 people. Hopefully it will work out!!

#489 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
                  • 252 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

Quote:

I am also just using my IPOD. If you do this make sure you have a back up plan just in case something happens to the IPOD. There are 4 IPODS I am bringing with a playlist for the reception, just is case! Ana told me you can rent a sound system for the IPOD for $198. I too am only having 30-35 people so I figured an IPOD would be just fine, plus I would rather not waste money on a DJ and spend it on other things, like photography.

#490 chirorach

chirorach
                    • 200 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ebernard4985
                      I am also just using my IPOD. If you do this make sure you have a back up plan just in case something happens to the IPOD. There are 4 IPODS I am bringing with a playlist for the reception, just is case! Ana told me you can rent a sound system for the IPOD for $198. I too am only having 30-35 people so I figured an IPOD would be just fine, plus I would rather not waste money on a DJ and spend it on other things, like photography.
                      I was planning on going the IPOD route as well. My understanding from the price list though was DRC charged you $180 per hour for speakers (which seems pricey and not much less expensive than the DJ). Am I confused?? Other brides on this forum have also bought Boze docking speakers... which I hope will be loud enough?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users