Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#4851 Missy1

Missy1
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

Sorry ladies...just saw on the Dreams facebook page that Magdalana is now gone...anybody else have her as a WC?

#4852 pbjwed

pbjwed
    • 389 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

Magdalena is still here now.. 

<For the brides I am leaving my glass candy  jars...  parasols.. some large hot pink starfish  and some fans ..  they will be with the wedding coordinators..

J

PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#4853 sherifeb2011

sherifeb2011
      • 25 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

oh that is wonderful........do we just ask to use them for the wedding? Do they know what we will be talking about?

Since I am not getting married until feb

#4854 Missy1

Missy1
        • 75 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

I just emailed her and she confirmed that she will be leaving.

#4855 DeaChris11

DeaChris11
          • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

I also just got email confirmation that Magdalena Sosa is leaving.  She said that the new coordinator would be in contact with me.  Hopefully this all works out.  I am not a huge fan of all the change/uncertainty.  I am sure it will all work out though.  Also, I am thinking about bringing a photographer from home, do you think this will be okay with the "no outside photographer" email from Gabby.  One more thing, has anyone else done the free paradise package and just had some add ons. I am thinking with such a small group (less than 20) it would be easier/cheaper to just eat at the of the restaurants (have the guests get a table or slip the manager cash to reserve) than to pay extra for the reception.  I also want the video so I may just add that one to the paradise package.  We will see..I still have time with the wedding not being until July 6, 2011 but I would like to make some final decisions :).  Anyone else out there getting married around July 6, 2011???

#4856 MrsKellyG2B

MrsKellyG2B
            • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

HI

I must admit the last few days have been a little annoying for me and my partner, Gabby seems quite abrupt and not so friendly in her emails to us.  We were told it was very relaxed and things could be arranged while were there and that we are likely to be the only couple getting married that day, so there was no need to worry about finalising anything.  Now were told no, no, no finalisation 3 weeks prior and also there IS another wedding and they have already booked our first choice for after drinks and canapes and reception!!!  We were also told NO outside photographers and yet we read on here that people have taken or used other photographers.

Does anyone else feel that everything is quite unorganised???

Kelly x

#4857 t1219

t1219
              • 310 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

For those who have already been married at DRC- How do you pay for your wedding? Do they want CC or travelers check or cash?

Congrats to all the recent brides!! How has the weather been? Has it been cool at nights?

I leave in 13 days!!!!

#4858 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
                • 96 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by t1219 

For those who have already been married at DRC- How do you pay for your wedding? Do they want CC or travelers check or cash?

Congrats to all the recent brides!! How has the weather been? Has it been cool at nights?

I leave in 13 days!!!!

#4859 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
                  • 96 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Chelsey & Travis 

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by t1219 

I leave in 13 days!!!!

#4860 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
                    • 96 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

Sorry, I'm not sure what happened in the last posts.

They complete your payment through the front desk, so I'm sure that you could use any method of payment.  We used a CC.  However, with US Dollars, you can only use $100 cash per transaction, according to a new law.  The remainder of the bill has to be paid using another method or pesos.

We were there at the beginning of November and it was chilly at night.  Make sure to pack a couple of jackets.  It got so chilly that one night they brought us blankets when we were eating outside.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users