Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#4261 sammy2882

sammy2882
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Missy1 

Any one else getting married the weekend of April 22, 2011? Just wondering if anyones having their wedding the same weekend as mine...

I am getting married on April 20th! :)

#4262 Missy1

Missy1
    • 75 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

Oh great! We'll just be getting there on the 20th or maybe the 19th I haven't decide yet. Do you have your locations picked out yet for your ceremony and reception?

Originally Posted by sammy2882 

#4263 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
      • 198 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

You are right Melissa!  I didn't speak to the coordinator at all.  My Travel Agent contacted her a few times just to book the locations for my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.  Also, the DJ and photographer.  Other than that, I handled all of the other details when I got down there.  Everything really does fall into place when you get there.  Good luck!

#4264 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
        • 198 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

I actually had my welcome dinner at the wine cellar.  I put 25 in there.  I got lucky though,  The only reason I had it there was because they screwed up my original dinner that was supposed tobe in the mexican restaurant.  The manager never got the email from the wedding coordinator.  SO the manager of the french restaurant was running around and set up the wine cellar real quickly!  We loved it!  He used usually u have to spend $600 in wine, but due to the mix up, we paid nothing. WOrked out pretty well!

#4265 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
          • 224 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

do you girls know how many the round tables at the reception hold?

#4266 Princess402

Princess402
            • 737 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by rdsjcr 

do you girls know how many the round tables at the reception hold?

I had heard 8 from other girls on here before, but I also asked Ana in an email and Gabriela responded that they would hold 8, 9, or 10. But I'm not sure if the variation means that you could squeeze in up to 10 or if that means that there are different size tables?

I am assuming that each table could seat 8 comfortably but that you could possibly fit up to 10.

#4267 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
              • 198 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

They hold 8 but I put 6 at mine.

#4268 JD Hall Wedding

JD Hall Wedding
                • 77 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

Congrads Sammy2882, we are both April brides. Mine is April 30th. We will be arriving April 27th. What colors are you using? Mine is Fuschia and aqua blue.

Originally Posted by sammy2882 

Jimmy & Dawn

#4269 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
                  • 134 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by allegraapple 

Hey Lori - bummer we'll miss each other!  My colors are orange and aqua :-) 

I haven't gotten to deciding about decorations yet...that is next on my list.  What are you bringing with you?

I'm not bringing too much in the way of decorations. But, I will have the following:

1. Orange and Teal organza chair sashes

2.  The raffia fans (with orange and teal ribbon on them)

3.  Fabric for the Huppa - but I don't know exactly what yet

and that is really it for the wedding part.

At the reception I am going to get organza overlays for the tables and then each place setting will have a maraca on it. And that's it!  I decided to keep it simple because A) I don't want to have to take more stuff down than I have to, and B) I feel like the whole point of getting married on the beach its enjoy the natural beauty of the beach! I personally feel like "less is more".  But that is just my thinking. 

Teal is awfully close to aqua.  If there is anything you think you can use, let me know.  There has to be a way I could mark it and have it waiting for you when you get there. 

#4270 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
                    • 224 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

Thanks Allison- did you feel there was TOO MUCH space only having 6?

Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy 

They hold 8 but I put 6 at mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users