Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#4191 ap070680

ap070680
  • Site Supporter
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:00 AM

Just signed up.  Thanks so much for setting this up.  Can't wait. 

#4192 jdoc1979

jdoc1979
    • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

I'm registered. Thank you :)

#4193 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
      • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:13 AM

Does anyone know the true cost of having a legal ceremony (as opposed to symbolic) at DRC?  I can see the costs on their website, but it is confusing to me.  Anyone have info?  Thanks!

#4194 ap070680

ap070680
        • Site Supporter
        • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

I just ordered a pair of shoes for my reception that I think are so unique.  I found a vendor on etsy.com that will hand paint your shoe to match whatever you want.  I am having her incoporate the color of my bridesmaids dresses and starfish.  Just thought I would share if you are looking for something different. 

Custom Hand Painted 'Slight Summer Sea' Bridal Leather Peep-toe Wedges Matched to Fabric Swatch - OOAK

#4195 JD Hall Wedding

JD Hall Wedding
          • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

Alison,

So what did your guests do while you were getting your photos done, before the cocktail hour? We are also having our reception on the deck in front of the infinity pool but I was told that I can't have a dj. So we have to settle for the sound system, which I'm fine with...but what other lighting would they have since the sound system tech probably doesn't bring any.  

Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy 

My ceremony was originally at 6 but we pushed it up to 5 so that we could do pics right after the ceremony.  Our cocktail hour was at 7 and we wanted to make it to that.  We were there for almost the whole thing.  I didn't want to see him before the ceremony for pics, so I would maybe move it up and hour so that you can take pics right after the ceremony.  I had my reception on the deck as well and it does cost almost 90 per person (including cocktail hour).  I think you will have to pay per person for a wedding no matter what,

Jimmy & Dawn

#4196 JD Hall Wedding

JD Hall Wedding
            • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

Very beautiful pics....do you have a ceremony script your willing to share, please...

The sun set between 7:30 and 8:00 when we were there.  It was very bright at 5 during our ceremony and we were squinting...esp my husband. LOL...but about 6 was PERFECT for the beach..even the photogrpaher said so.  I am not sure how it will be when you go though...sun will set earlier.  The ceremony is less than a half hour...so I think you will have time to do some beach.  They do it really quickly!  Do the beach first and then get some family shots inside.

Jimmy & Dawn

#4197 JD Hall Wedding

JD Hall Wedding
              • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Do you have your photographers contact info? And he is part of the ultimate package correct?

Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy 

Hi Ladies...here is a ling to the slideshow that the photographer made for us...You can check out some pics.

http://web.mac.com/vallarta_adventures/WeddingsDRERC/FREY/

Jimmy & Dawn

#4198 JD Hall Wedding

JD Hall Wedding
                • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

Very cute, how much did they cost?

Originally Posted by ap070680 

I just ordered a pair of shoes for my reception that I think are so unique.  I found a vendor on etsy.com that will hand paint your shoe to match whatever you want.  I am having her incoporate the color of my bridesmaids dresses and starfish.  Just thought I would share if you are looking for something different. 

Custom Hand Painted 'Slight Summer Sea' Bridal Leather Peep-toe Wedges Matched to Fabric Swatch - OOAK

Jimmy & Dawn

#4199 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
                  • 198 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

The guests just sat and talked and had some drinks in the lobby.  They started the cocktail hour while we were finishing pics.  That is so weird...why can't u have a DJ????  I never heard that!  The set up on the deck comes with the spotlights that we had.  The DJ didn't bring any lighting. 

#4200 JD Hall Wedding

JD Hall Wedding
                    • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

Thanks a bunch tammy I'm all registered!!!

Originally Posted by Tammy Host 

We scheduled the wedding webinar for Dreams Riviera Cancun for Sept. 18, 2010 @ 10:00am PST.  If you would like to attend, you will need to rgister.  You can find more information here: Dreams Riviera Cancun Wedding Webinar 9/18/2010 @ 10:00am PST

there will be a free amenity for all those that attend the webinar and get married at Dreams Riviera Cancun that will be given at check-in at the resort.

Jimmy & Dawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users