Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#4141 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by LindsayMichelle 

Question for the girls that have been married at DRC :

Since a lot of the planning is done once you arrive, and you can't really make a schedule of events for your guests beforehand, how did you get information out to your guests? We may have around 50 people coming. Did you just walk room to room or is there a better way?

I had a very loose schedule, luckily all went according to plan.  We met up for an informal gathering the night we got there and I gave them the OOT bags with the itinerary inside.  A good idea is to get everyone's room numbers out to each other... it helps with communication.

http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#4142 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
    • 294 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by ashleybyers 

I'm have selected the Ultimate package.. do you know if the photographer is any good with that package? I'm curious or if I should find another photographer in cancun?

We had Anel, the gallery manager.  She was so kind and took amazing photos.  I also liked how she touched some up and put together the slideshow and included our song. 

http://web.mac.com/v...DRERC/CARRERAS/

http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#4143 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

anyone interested in a Dreams Riviera Cancun Webinar?  if so, just click the link...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4144 roxannaTX

roxannaTX
      • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hello brides! I have never posted on here, but feel a little lost about the whole process.  My wedding is on December 3, 2010 at 4:00. Not sure what I need to be doing at this point in time... Any recommendations? Should I be contacting the wedding coordinator (I gather it's not Ana any more)? What decisions as far as reception location, rehearsal dinner reservations, etc., should I be arranging now?

Any help is appreciated! I'm learning so much from these posts!

Thanks!

#4145 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
        • 96 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to share some good finds I had today for the OOT bags.  Thanks everyone for the prior suggestions!

- Michaels Crafts:  The CUTEST koozies that are beach themed.  They are pink, blue, orange, and green.  They read "toes in the sand", "chillin", "fun in the sun", and the other has a sign with beach, oceanside, etc. wording.  These were $1 each.

- Target:  Fun little throw and catch games for the kids - $1 in the dollar section

- Dollar Tree:  Playing Cards, Colgate Wisps, gum, and crackers/cheese snacks

I have a ways to go, but these were a good start!  Hope this helps!

#4146 LAURERN1564

LAURERN1564
          • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

When you purchase the ultimate wedding package, how much extra do you plan on spending on top of that??? I've heard you get 50 free pictures but then they expect you to puchase all of them which could come out to over $500 which is fine, but I heard they only accept cash? Anyone else know about this?

#4147 kkvance

kkvance
            • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hi everyone! We are getting married Oct.9 at DRC. Im getting a little worried about the reception. Anyone have any ideas. The ceremony is a 6 pm on beach and then i have the deck reserved. When should we do pics? It seems silly to pay for dinner for people at a all inclusive resort? Should we do pictures while people eat and then just have a desert/cake table on the deck for the reception with cocktails? HELP

#4148 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
              • 96 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

Has anyone used Fernando Fuentes/The Makeup Pros?  Is there an outside vendor fee for having him do your hair/makeup?

#4149 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

deleted

#4150 pbjwed

pbjwed
                  • 389 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

6pm seems pretty late..  you will have no sunlight..  sunsets at 530 I heard?!!  Im Getting Married Nov 11 and we are having it at 4pm and now I am worried that is to late!

Originally Posted by kkvance 

Hi everyone! We are getting married Oct.9 at DRC. Im getting a little worried about the reception. Anyone have any ideas. The ceremony is a 6 pm on beach and then i have the deck reserved. When should we do pics? It seems silly to pay for dinner for people at a all inclusive resort? Should we do pictures while people eat and then just have a desert/cake table on the deck for the reception with cocktails? HELP

PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users