Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Boo - Thanks so much for all the lantern websites! I guess it can get expensive to use those and how would we plug them in...or I guess thats what you meant about the LED's? I really love the under the table lights, I think im going to go that route too. I feel the deck definitely needs more lighting. I had orginally thought about adding the tiki torches but those are kind of expensive also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Ha ha almost the same - we are flying in November 13th to DRC, November 18th we are moving to Secrets Maroma until the 28th - we may pass by you on the 13th!
We are flying in the 12th and leaving either the 16th or 17th for Jamaica :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Sorry for so many posts I guess lights under the table are USD 30, we expect to have about 55 guests, the round tables fit 8 comfortably (I heard some ladies that up to 10 guests may sit at a table but its a tight squeeze) so assuming 8 per, that is 7 tables, or USD 210 plus blue overlay at USD 10 per, so close to USD 300.

Do you think it will add more ambience to have the star lanterns or the battery lights under the table? much thanks for all your feedback! I find the closer I am to the wedding date, after having to make so many decisions it is getting more and more difficult to make any decision, too many decisions!! :)
I think we're going to do the lights under the table as well, we have the pool deck booked for the reception and I don't want it to be too dark. I haven't seen any pictures with the lights under the table yet, have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010 View Post
MaR you wedding was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pictures!! It makes me more at ease and excited about having our wedding in October :)

thank you!!! and don't worry everything will turn out perfect for you, just remember to do a list of all the things you want, because with all the excitement you forget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaR View Post
Hello ladies!
I know you love pictures... so here is my wedding slideshow. We got married on July 4th and it was amazing! Ana was great, she works really hard to please you, so dont worry! everything will be taken care of once you get there...

04072010DRERC_SYED - SYED
Mar...your wedding was amazing! That is the color scheme we are going to use also. So, you left the material with Ana...does this mean she will have it for the other brides to use? I would hate to rely on her having it and then get there and it not be available. How much was the flower piece on your arch? Your set up was beautiful! :) Can't wait for my big day! Thank you for sharing your pics...looks like you had a perfect day!

Hey ladies!! I am leaving in exactly 2 weeks and I am worried about allof the out of town goods that I have getting through customs. I have 30 beach towels, bags..a whole bunch of stuff. I thought someone said you have to have receipts to get it all through. Does anyone know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
I havent priced it out yet but i was wondering if we're allowed to use an outside florist for our bouquets and centerpieces?
I think you can...but if course Ana will charge for that. I don't want to go crazy with the centerpieces because it will already be in a beautiful setting. I would like to get things that are included...I am hoping I can come up with something that won't be outrageous in price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyandmatt View Post
Your pics are beautiful! I am also having fuschia and orange as my wedding colors. Where did you get the sashes for the chairs? Do you still have them? I would love to purchase them from you if you don't have any use for them!
I am using the same colors too!! I got my linens from weddinglinensdirect.com I am getting married August 8 and I am going to be leaving my linens at the resort.

Good morning ladies!

SO I'm working on the playlist for the reception since we're doing the iPod and soundsystem and I've run into the problem that I have too many songs!

I loooove music and it was really important to us to have a lot of music from our high school and college days, but I also have latin music for my family, and some classic oldies, but then with the dance tracks I have over 5 hours of music for a 2 hour reception!!

For those of you that used the sound system instead of the DJ, where they really strict on the 3 hours? I'm hoping that they'll let us go over a bit since we are the only ones that night...

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can pare down my list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny726 View Post
Also...to any brides with more than 20 guests: Our guest list is growing and I am really worried about how high the bill is going to be if almost all of our 75 guests happen to decide to come. Is there a rate for groups larger than 50 or anything? Or is it the cost of the wedding plus roughly $100 per person after 20 guestshuh.gif Eeeek!
As far as I know (but I don't know for sure), there is no discount for really large groups. Yeah we are going to have something like 50 or 60 guests so it is going to add up. Thankfully we have the sixth room free promo for our group, so that money back should really help with the wedding costs. Also, you might want to consider scrapping your cocktail hour in order to help with your dinner costs. It sounds like with the higher packages that Ana will give you an additional 20 dinners at half price if you don't do the cocktail hour. So no paying for cocktail hour and your dinner cost becomes a little more reasonable.

I love the idea of the cocktail reception so that guests will have something to do between the wedding and reception while pictures are happening... but it will save me a lot of money not to do it and my guests won't even know they are missing it! Besides, it's not a huge resort so they can go back to their rooms or whatever, or hopefully just congregate at one of the bars for a free cocktail hour!