Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

We used the wine room for our rehearsal dinner. You can order from both restaurants like lilly129 said. The food was out of this world. BUT the cost of some of the wines are $$$$$$. One they suggested was $275 and we did not check the price before hand. So be aware of what you are ordering. It ended up costing us $475 for 3 bottles of wine!!!

It is nice and private, you get GREAT service too.

The first night all 15 of us went to the mexican restaurant and had no problems getting a big table. Wonderful time and at no extra cost.

It seems a bit carzy to pay for food and drinks that you actually have already paid for.

We had the reception in the Asian restaurant. We did it as a private one, and it was real nice. The air conditioning was a plus. The menu was picked ahead of time, but all the food was delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachykeen View Post
I was planning on having the reception in one of the closed restaurants. We have around 40 people. Since they don't decide which restaturant to close until a few days before the wedding, I wonder if they would take in consideration which one I would like to have it in. We'll be there 2 days before the wedding and I would love to have it at the Seaside grill or El Patio. Anyone asked Ana this yet?
Yikes, 40 people I dunno that I would count on them accomodating at one of the restuarants... I heard they only close 1 of them if its at less than 60% capacity. But yeah if you are still paying the full price regardless per person and are taking up enough of the restuarant I guess they would, money talks.

Cindyshinninger:

Do they set a a guideline as far as how many bottles of wine you HAVE to purchase in order to use the room? Or just one bottle and you're set?

I'm loving the idea of the wine cellar.. but i have a small group 10-12 and no way am i paying for a private reception when everyone there is paying a ton for our all inclusive benefits anyways. =)

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyshininger View Post
We used the wine room for our rehearsal dinner. You can order from both restaurants like lilly129 said. The food was out of this world. BUT the cost of some of the wines are $$$$$$. One they suggested was $275 and we did not check the price before hand. So be aware of what you are ordering. It ended up costing us $475 for 3 bottles of wine!!!

The first night all 15 of us went to the mexican restaurant and had no problems getting a big table. Wonderful time and at no extra cost.

It seems a bit carzy to pay for food and drinks that you actually have already paid for.

We had the reception in the Asian restaurant. We did it as a private one, and it was real nice. The air conditioning was a plus. The menu was picked ahead of time, but all the food was delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorijfletcher View Post
One of the last posts said that if the resort is less than 60% capacity, or if it rains, is the only way they let you use the closed restaurant. Have you already talked to Ana about this?? I don't really think using the closed restaurants is a "for sure" option. You better make sure!!

Well, Ana said it would be fine to have the reception in whichever one of the restaurants is closed but we wouldn't know which one until a few days before the wedding. She didn't mention anything about the resort having to be at 60% capacity or less though. Yikes! It's written in our contract that the reception will be at one of the restaurants though so I hope it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegraapple View Post
Sorry, I don't have any pics of the room, but I thought it was a super cool vibe. Feels like you are in wine bar (go figure). There are bottles of wine lining the wall, and it's a nice private space. Max capacity is around 25 people.
Sounds nice, and I think we are probably going to have between 15 and 20 people so it should be fine as far as capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyshininger View Post
How many people did you have at your rehearsal dinner? $475 is a lot for 3 bottles of wine, is $275 average or do you think that was on the higher end?

I'm with you on the reception thing, I have a hard time swallowing the cost of food and drinks at an all-inclusive for such a small group. Originally we were planning on a large group which would have made a restaurant unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethAnne View Post
Cindyshinninger:
Do they set a a guideline as far as how many bottles of wine you HAVE to purchase in order to use the room? Or just one bottle and you're set?
I'm loving the idea of the wine cellar.. but i have a small group 10-12 and no way am i paying for a private reception when everyone there is paying a ton for our all inclusive benefits anyways. =)
Thanks
Good question, I would like to know this too. I emailed Ana to ask her about using the wine room but I'm still waiting to hear back from a previous email sent over a month ago, so we'll see. The wedding is 2 months away, hopefully as it gets closer she will get back to me quicker.

Does anyone have a menu for the Italian restaurant? I looked at the photos on Facebook but could only find pics of the French and Mexican menus.

Trying to decide between the dreams of love or the ultimate dreams wedding packages. Which one have you picked? I know there is a difference in menu (silver or gold) but not sure yet if we will have a buffet or a sit down bc of the # of people.

Does anyone know what the "live mexican musician trio" is? Is it a mariachi band? Did anyone pick the ultimate package? is it worth the extra expense?

Trying to decide between the dreams of love or the ultimate dreams wedding packages. Which one have you picked? I know there is a difference in menu (silver or gold) but not sure yet if we will have a buffet or a sit down bc of the # of people.

Does anyone know what the "live mexican musician trio" is? Is it a mariachi band? Did anyone pick the ultimate package? is it worth the extra expense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
I know there were a bunch of questions regarding group quotes and flights, so I thought I would try to answer them all in one post :)

All quotes (whether group or individual) are going to vary depending on the time of year you are getting married and when you book. Sometimes there are promotions like "kids free" or "early bird pricing", etc.... And as someone else mentioned the kids still have a small fee associated with them for the cost of transfers and taxes.

If you are getting married in January, your prices are going to be higher than someone in May. The same is true with quotes, the prices will vary depending on the promotions that are running at the time you get the quote.

Travel agents can get you the same perks that the hotel offers, the nice thing about having a travel agent work with your group, is that they will organize everyone for you, answer your guests questions, and help you with contacting the wedding coordinator (well most will if they have ever worked with destination weddings)

Someone mentioned getting a quote from the hotel, but then having to find someone else to book the flights through and the prices being higher. This is because the airlines do not pay travel agents to book flights. So if someone called me and wanted me to book flights for their group, but weren't booking the resort through me, I would have to charge them a fee per ticket, in order to make anything. Honestly, booking flights can be somewhat of a nightmare because of all of the fluctuation in price, so if someone contacted me to book airfare only, I would just say no. It's too much of a headache and most people will not pay the extra fee for the help.

I think that was everything, there were too many posts related to this topic to multi-quote :)
Hi. Thanks for the info. above. What happens when you book through a TA for a certain price. Then find out later that hotels.com is offering much cheaper rates for you hotel. Will travel agencies "match" the lower price?
Thanks.