Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#331 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ashmahan
    Hello ALL!!... I just wanted to let you know that I called Anna this morning and she seems SOO NICE!! We discussed table cloths, napkin and decorations as I am trying to purchase those things right now... If you are choosing white then there is no extra cost but if you want colors then there is the extra charge as per her price listing... She had said that she personally does not have pictures of the locations as of yet but was going to do it this afternoon... These are things that I have purchased for my wedding thus far:

Name cardholders - Purchased at a dollar store and the are beautiful (There look like crystal on the bottom and have a wire/ clip coming out of top to hold the name.)

Fans - White cloth fans (Pkg1 that I purchased from Michael’s (Found a package that was buy as is for 7.5 it was missing one) Decorating one arm with rhinestones...

Straws and Napkins in my color.

Bows - For the backs of the chairs (purchased at Michael’s for 50% off $3.28each)

Here is my website incase any of you want to take a look at what I did:

Welcome - The Knot: Wedding Web Page Builder

Hope you are all having a fabulous day and THANKS for all of you information!
    Ashley Mahan

Hi Ashley! Thanks for the info. Ana does seem nice...though I have only talked through email. I will be meeting with her next month while on a site visit. I can't wait! Do you happen to know what colors she has for napkins, table clothes, etc?

#332 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
    • 393 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:03 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ashmahan
      Hello ALL!!... I just wanted to let you know that I called Anna this morning and she seems SOO NICE!! We discussed table cloths, napkin and decorations as I am trying to purchase those things right now... If you are choosing white then there is no extra cost but if you want colors then there is the extra charge as per her price listing... She had said that she personally does not have pictures of the locations as of yet but was going to do it this afternoon... These are things that I have purchased for my wedding thus far:

Name cardholders - Purchased at a dollar store and the are beautiful (There look like crystal on the bottom and have a wire/ clip coming out of top to hold the name.)

Fans - White cloth fans (Pkg1 that I purchased from Michael’s (Found a package that was buy as is for 7.5 it was missing one) Decorating one arm with rhinestones...

Straws and Napkins in my color.

Bows - For the backs of the chairs (purchased at Michael’s for 50% off $3.28each)

Here is my website incase any of you want to take a look at what I did:

Welcome - The Knot: Wedding Web Page Builder

Hope you are all having a fabulous day and THANKS for all of you information!
      Ashley Mahan

Hi Ashley! Thanks for the info. Ana does seem nice...though I have only talked through email. I will be meeting with her next month while on a site visit. I can't wait! Do you happen to know what colors she has for napkins, table clothes, etc?

#333 yencie

yencie
      • 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RCBlondie
        I too received an email from Ana today and she gave me the pricing document specific for DRC. Below is the copy paste. I will also attach the document for those who have enough points to open it.

Cocktail & Appetizers

Gold or Silver Menu Appetizers $26 usd + 15% Service + 10 % Tax
        (+) 1 hour International Open Bar
        (Valid only for Dreams of love & Dreams Ultimate Pkgs.)

Platinum Menu Appetizers $33 usd + 15% Service + 10% Tax

Special Menu Appetizers35 usd + 15% Service + 10% Tax

Adittional international Open Bar $15 usd + 15% Service + 10% Tax
        Per Person Per Hour

Additional Champagne Bottle for Toast $40 usd +15% de Service per bottle

Reception / Sit down dinner or Buffet

Silver or Gold Menu$48 usd + 15% Service + 10% Tax per person
        Includes 3 hours International Open Bar
        Menu only applies for Dreams of Love & Dreams Ultimate Pkg

Platinum Menu $55 usd + 15% Service + 10% Tax per person

Special Menu $60 usd + 15% Service + 10% Tax per person

Adittional Hour International Open Bar $ 15 usd + 15% Service + 10% Taxper person per hour

Additional Champagne Bottle for Toast 40 usd + 15% Service per bottle

** Sit Down dinner on the beach valid if less than 30 people only,
        If more than 40 people buffet style will apply.

From what I gather, these prices are the costs above and beyond the first 20 guests attending the wedding when you have one of the Dreams of Love or the Dreams Ultimate pkg. If you do the basic package then the dinner would be the price for each guest.

Depending on which services/elements you want for your wedding, the basic package with the add on's could be less expensive but ask Ana to price it out for you. Also, you should be able to change your package choice before the wedding. Just waiting to hear from Ana about how much notice they will need to accommodate this.

Does anybody know what they mean by "special menu"?

#334 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
        • 631 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

Anyone have luck getting pictures on a beach wedding there? I'm still not feeling that gazebo.
          Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
          At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
          25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#335 ashmahan

ashmahan
          • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl

I am sorry but I don't know as I am going with white... All my accent colors are my favors...

#336 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
            • 393 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

Does anyone know what the Carribean Trio is? With the Ultimate package, I get a free hour of either the carribean trio or the mariachi. I'm planning on using this for the cocktail hour. Is the caribean trio, steel drums?? I would love that!

#337 lilly129

lilly129
              • 350 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

I actually think I remember asking Ana about the carribbean trio and she said they were steel drum but now I can't find the email...98% sure though...

#338 Megan24

Megan24
                • 271 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
                  Does anyone know what the Carribean Trio is? With the Ultimate package, I get a free hour of either the carribean trio or the mariachi. I'm planning on using this for the cocktail hour. Is the caribean trio, steel drums?? I would love that!
                  How are you getting a free hour of the carribean trio? Do you mean that is part of your package or did you get a hook up for a free hour?

#339 Megan24

Megan24
                  • 271 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tifuhhknee
                    Anyone have luck getting pictures on a beach wedding there? I'm still not feeling that gazebo.
                    I have not had any luck so far. My wedding planner emailed Ana to ask if she had pics of the huppa. Ana said not yet. She is waiting for a wedding to take place on the beach before getting pics. I am excited to see them. When I get the pics I will for sure put them up here.

#340 Megan24

Megan24
                    • 271 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

Who has put down their depoist for their wedding yet?? What package did you end up going with and why? Also are you paying for it in full or waiting until you get to Mexico to complete your payment? J/W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users