Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#3321 jpcmartin

jpcmartin
  • Newbie
  • 28 posts

    Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:18 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebernard4985
    Ok, so I emailed Ana over a week ago to make an appointment with her... I leave in 7 days!! I haven't picked anything out yet... I have no idea what the menu will be... and I need to make menu cards.....!!!! Is now the time to start freaking out since SHE WILL NOT EMAIL BACK I know she is busy, and I have respected that for the past few months and have not emailed her, but honestly, over the course of this planning, I have only emailed her about 7 or 8 times in a year... I DO NOT think that is unreasonable, and half of them were repeated emails because she didn't answer my question!!! WTF!!
    Relax, Relax, Relax. My FI and I just returned from a site visit during Memorial Day weekend. We were able to meet with Ana for 2 hours. Yes, we did have an appointment but she was extremely flexible. We ran into her several times while we were there and she gave us all the time we needed to ask questions. We also had difficulty with her responding but keep trying. While we were there we got to see 3 weddings and each were beautiful. In addition, we got to meet with several other couples recenlty or soon to be married there. It is a common complaint that Ana does not respond in a timely fashion but in the end everyone was happy with the results. Ana knows what she is doing. Exactly when is your wedding- September 2010?

    #3322 AdrianaPhil61711

    AdrianaPhil61711
    • Newbie
    • 10 posts

      Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

      Just a quick question to those already married at DRC or those who have already put down your deposit....How long did it take for them to charge your credit card? and.... Did you do give her the info over email or did you actually have to mail her a copy of the authorization? I emailed the credit card authorization with our info and credit card info but she hasn't charge my card yet. She did confirm with me my date but I will feel much better once the deposit is down.

      #3323 Boo

      Boo
      • Member
      • 785 posts

        Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:30 AM

        I talked to my travel agent yesterday, they are saying that the resort is getting close to being full as far as the most basic rooms are concerned - was there anyone who visited the resort at full capacity, is it just a zoo? I am worried that the guests who havent booked yet will have to pay an arm and a leg to go and that there is going to be kids just hanging off the rafters and the guests that do go wont be able to have a great time.

        One of the ladies a couple of pages back mentioned it wasnt great during Thanksgiving, we are going mid November so a week before but I wonder if some people now go for two weeks, hmmmm, jeez I am looking forward to being able to sleep again once this is all over.

        #3324 jpcmartin

        jpcmartin
        • Newbie
        • 28 posts

          Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by AdrianaPhil61711
          Just a quick question to those already married at DRC or those who have already put down your deposit....How long did it take for them to charge your credit card? and.... Did you do give her the info over email or did you actually have to mail her a copy of the authorization? I emailed the credit card authorization with our info and credit card info but she hasn't charge my card yet. She did confirm with me my date but I will feel much better once the deposit is down.
          When I booked back in December 2009, I had to scan my credit card, ID and a signature release and email it to Ana. The $500 deposit was applied to my account fairly quickly.

          #3325 jpcmartin

          jpcmartin
          • Newbie
          • 28 posts

            Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Boo
            I talked to my travel agent yesterday, they are saying that the resort is getting close to being full as far as the most basic rooms are concerned - was there anyone who visited the resort at full capacity, is it just a zoo? I am worried that the guests who havent booked yet will have to pay an arm and a leg to go and that there is going to be kids just hanging off the rafters and the guests that do go wont be able to have a great time.

            One of the ladies a couple of pages back mentioned it wasnt great during Thanksgiving, we are going mid November so a week before but I wonder if some people now go for two weeks, hmmmm, jeez I am looking forward to being able to sleep again once this is all over.
            My travel agent told me the same thing last month. We are getting married Nov. 27 which is over the Thanksgiving weekend. I fully expect there will be a lot of kids due to it being a holiday weekend. Hopefully, you're not bothered by kids. We visited the resort over Memorial Day weekend and it was somewhat full with adults and not a lot of kids. We never had to wait when going to a restaurant or at the bar. I believe the resort is big enough it can easly handle being fully booked. Yes, the cost for airfare increases every week so those who haven't booked should expect to pay an arm and a leg. The time to do itt is now.

            #3326 rdsjcr

            rdsjcr
            • Jr. Member
            • 224 posts

              Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
              I wanted to post the photo album that I created on Shutterfly from the photos that my guests took. These are not the professional photos. I am still waiting on those. Please keep in mind that there are a few photos that were taken with a disposable camera (probably a bad idea) but those look really dark. The cocktail hour and reception were not as dark as they look in these photos. I think the professional photos will come out lighter.

              Shutterfly | View share
              great pics!! Did you order and bring your own overlays for the tables? Also for your chairs-did you bring ties for those? (do the use diff. chairs for the ceremony and the reception?) Thanks!!

              #3327 aj42781

              aj42781
              • Newbie
              • 79 posts

                Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ddemayo
                Hey! We have a place in North Wildwood, but she took a ride over to the Cape May Whicker store. They are white starfiish that came in a pack of 6, perfect size and the best price by far! I searched the web for whole salers and this the best price we found
                Thanks, il see if they have a website..that is a great price, may have to do a beach day soon! Who did you use to book wedding? did you use travel agent?

                #3328 Boo

                Boo
                • Member
                • 785 posts

                  Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jpcmartin
                  My travel agent told me the same thing last month. We are getting married Nov. 27 which is over the Thanksgiving weekend. I fully expect there will be a lot of kids due to it being a holiday weekend. Hopefully, you're not bothered by kids. We visited the resort over Memorial Day weekend and it was somewhat full with adults and not a lot of kids. We never had to wait when going to a restaurant or at the bar. I believe the resort is big enough it can easly handle being fully booked. Yes, the cost for airfare increases every week so those who haven't booked should expect to pay an arm and a leg. The time to do itt is now.
                  Ha ha totally! Jeez why dont people get that? This whole booking fiasco is by far the most stressful part of wedding planning!

                  #3329 amberm410

                  amberm410
                  • Newbie
                  • 45 posts

                    Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kat&Dan
                    Hi Everyone

                    I have a quick question, to those brides out there that have already had their wedding. Did anyone experience any problem with the service? We contacted a TA and she gave us the pros and cons of DRC. She mention some of her clients complaining about the service and many of them felt the need to tip just to get someone to serve them. She also mentioned the public areas being very crowded. My fiance and I are feeling a little overwhelmed nailing down a reosrt. There are so many pros and cons and opinions. I really like DRC from what I have read. So any advice from someone who has been there would be much appreciated. Thanks
                    My wedding was in April during a very high occupantcy time. There were a lot of people, long waits for the restaurants after 6pm and it was very hard to get chairs at the pool and on the beach. My wedding was beautiful and everything turned out wonderful but I did experience the issues your TA mentioned about service and feeling like I needed to tip a lot even though that got us no where. I have even heard about the hotel doing cool things to the bride and grooms rooms for their wedding night and we did not get this. We spent a ton of money at the resort arranging private dinners and such but I believe due to the time of year we went there were quite a bit of hiccups on their part. But with that said I have spoken to so many people that were there on different weeks and did not have any of these issues. I think if you go during the fall, or very early or late spring you will not experience this. We were there the week after Easter which a lot of kids were on spring break. Don't go around this time. However, I will mention that I stayed at a Palace resort the day after my wedding for another week and experienced the opposite as far as service. The Palace resorts really went out of their way to make the experience wonderful and we did not feel like we had to tip there even though we did. Dreams is probably one of the best resorts in the area as far as food, and overall ammenities. I would recommend DRCduring an off peak time.

                    #3330 Mon&Tad

                    Mon&Tad
                    • Newbie
                    • 19 posts

                      Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

                      Hi all!
                      Question for those who have visited or gotten married at DRC. Is there anywhere to have the ceremony that is in a garden area or private area other than on the beach or the Gazebo by the pool? I love everything about the resort, but I want the ceremony to be more private and off the beaten path. Thanks!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users