Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#3201 coloradobridesmom

coloradobridesmom
  • Newbie
  • 9 posts

    Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

    I wanted to let the groups heading out soon that 28 of our party of 30 got Montezuma's Revenge and it was bad and lasted over a week. I went to the doctor here after a week so I could start some antibiotics..He told me you could either take some antibiotics with you and take them eveyday you are there but of course you need to get a prescription from your doctor or you need to chew 4-5 pepto bismol tablets 3 times a day before meals or before you eat anthing. Mass quantities. Just thought it's something you need to think about and we didn't. I brought pepto and immodium for after the fact not realizing its something we needed to do to be proactive. So I guess the filtered water at the resort didn't make a difference for us. Good Luck and have a great time. The food is fantastic and the drinks were great.

    #3202 lilly129

    lilly129
    • Jr. Member
    • 350 posts

      Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ebernard4985
      Ok, so I emailed Ana over a week ago to make an appointment with her... I leave in 7 days!! I haven't picked anything out yet... I have no idea what the menu will be... and I need to make menu cards.....!!!! Is now the time to start freaking out since SHE WILL NOT EMAIL BACK I know she is busy, and I have respected that for the past few months and have not emailed her, but honestly, over the course of this planning, I have only emailed her about 7 or 8 times in a year... I DO NOT think that is unreasonable, and half of them were repeated emails because she didn't answer my question!!! WTF!!
      Right there with you girl - I've been sending her THE SAME EMAIL for the last 5 sundays...this sunday, I made my TA send it. And I've been the same way - I hardly bother her and now I can't get a response to simple questions and I'm 3 months out. When I'm 7 days I'll be pulling my hair out.

      If I were you - I'd keep forwarding the email to her relentlessly until she responds. Good luck!!

      #3203 lilly129

      lilly129
      • Jr. Member
      • 350 posts

        Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Boo
        Have you gone dress shopping? The reason I ask is that I knew I wanted a murmeid dress, but I thought no train and no veil. I ended up getting both, for me personally once I went dress shopping I felt allot more 'bridal' with the veil, but thats me. Good luck.
        I tried on a veil and I liked it - but then the salesperson put a really pretty hair flower in my hair and took the veil out and I decided I loved that more - so I totally agree with you - try it all on and then make the decision. :)

        #3204 lilly129

        lilly129
        • Jr. Member
        • 350 posts

          Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

          For those worried about montezuma's revenge...first of all...my disclaimer: my fiance and I were there in May and drank the water out of the faucet (I was hungover and thirsty), brushed our teeth, drank drinks with ice cubes, ate fresh fruit AND had tons of Sushi and never experienced so much as a tiny stomach ache...HOWEVER...everyone reacts differently and I told my guests this and suggested that if they have weak digestive systems that they eat a lot of yogurt (naturally high in probiotics - they have it at the world cafe) or bring pro-biotics which are sold over the counter at cvs, or for the older people I suggested they talk to their doctor about antibiotics.

          Coloradobridesmom - I'm sorry you guys experienced that and I hope you guys feel better soon!

          #3205 JD Hall Wedding

          JD Hall Wedding
          • Newbie
          • 77 posts

            Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

            Does anyone know if they do a "test" hair and make-up application days before the wedding, just nervous that DRC salon might not be able to do it the way I want it done.
            Jimmy & Dawn

            #3206 JD Hall Wedding

            JD Hall Wedding
            • Newbie
            • 77 posts

              Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by lilly129
              I tried on a veil and I liked it - but then the salesperson put a really pretty hair flower in my hair and took the veil out and I decided I loved that more - so I totally agree with you - try it all on and then make the decision. :)
              I say stick with flower in the hair, with no veil, other brides have posted that it is very windy...but that's just me.
              Jimmy & Dawn

              #3207 jstock311

              jstock311
              • Newbie
              • 47 posts

                Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by rdsjcr
                Are all you ladies having veils? This is something that I have gone back and forth with and I still can't make up my mind.. haha
                I was going back and forth with it also but I don't think I'm going to wear a veil. I think the wind will blow it around too much and I don't want it to be too distracting or annoying if it's blowing all over the place!

                #3208 Laura22610

                Laura22610
                • Jr. Member
                • 468 posts

                  Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JD Hall Wedding
                  Does anyone know if they do a "test" hair and make-up application days before the wedding, just nervous that DRC salon might not be able to do it the way I want it done.
                  I saw somebody getting a hair trial done in the salon at DRC while I was there... My suggestion is to bring lots of pictures! Maybe have someone at home do it for you the way you want and then take pictures. Hope that helps!

                  #3209 Laura22610

                  Laura22610
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 468 posts

                    Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lilly129
                    For those worried about montezuma's revenge...first of all...my disclaimer: my fiance and I were there in May and drank the water out of the faucet (I was hungover and thirsty), brushed our teeth, drank drinks with ice cubes, ate fresh fruit AND had tons of Sushi and never experienced so much as a tiny stomach ache...HOWEVER...everyone reacts differently and I told my guests this and suggested that if they have weak digestive systems that they eat a lot of yogurt (naturally high in probiotics - they have it at the world cafe) or bring pro-biotics which are sold over the counter at cvs, or for the older people I suggested they talk to their doctor about antibiotics.

                    Coloradobridesmom - I'm sorry you guys experienced that and I hope you guys feel better soon!
                    Yes, that really stinks that you all had to deal with that, Coloradobridesmom, when you got home from vacation!

                    We also did not have any trouble when we were there and neither did any of our 30 guests. We all drank the water and frozen drinks and ate fruit. We also brushed our teeth with the water from the sink. I guess it all depends on the person and maybe we were all just lucky :)

                    #3210 pbjwed

                    pbjwed
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 389 posts

                      Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy
                      pb...thanks so much for that! I have been going crazy looking for totes? I checked out the site and it says that they come in an assortment of different colors? Are those the ones you got? How is the quality??
                      quality was great. I only wanted the hot pink ones so I called the stores and told them my situation and they held them for me! I love them actually. I am not putting my wedding logo on the bag because I figured who wants to have my logo on their beach bag so I am going on esty and having them make a label to go in the inside of the bag and i am going to hot glue it... I would suggest youu act fast as the shipments came in yesterday for some!!!
                      PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users