Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#3191 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:51 PM

Are all you ladies having veils? This is something that I have gone back and forth with and I still can't make up my mind.. haha

#3192 lilam12@hotmail.com

lilam12@hotmail.com
    • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

I am looking at getting married at dreams riviera cancun in may 2011

#3193 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
      • 252 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Ok, so I emailed Ana over a week ago to make an appointment with her... I leave in 7 days!! I haven't picked anything out yet... I have no idea what the menu will be... and I need to make menu cards.....!!!! Is now the time to start freaking out since SHE WILL NOT EMAIL BACK I know she is busy, and I have respected that for the past few months and have not emailed her, but honestly, over the course of this planning, I have only emailed her about 7 or 8 times in a year... I DO NOT think that is unreasonable, and half of them were repeated emails because she didn't answer my question!!! WTF!!

#3194 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rdsjcr
          Are all you ladies having veils? This is something that I have gone back and forth with and I still can't make up my mind.. haha
          Have you gone dress shopping? The reason I ask is that I knew I wanted a murmeid dress, but I thought no train and no veil. I ended up getting both, for me personally once I went dress shopping I felt allot more 'bridal' with the veil, but thats me. Good luck.

#3195 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
          • 224 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Boo
            Have you gone dress shopping? The reason I ask is that I knew I wanted a murmeid dress, but I thought no train and no veil. I ended up getting both, for me personally once I went dress shopping I felt allot more 'bridal' with the veil, but thats me. Good luck.
            Yes- I have my dress- it just came in yesterday :) It is very informal and flowy... so I think it could go either way... I just feel like it is more BRIDE to have a veil.. I just cant decide...

I don't know if it is just me or not... but I have never felt so indecisive in my life, as I have since I have started planning my wedding :)

#3196 Boo

Boo
            • 785 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

Quote:
              Yes- I have my dress- it just came in yesterday :) It is very informal and flowy... so I think it could go either way... I just feel like it is more BRIDE to have a veil.. I just cant decide...

I don't know if it is just me or not... but I have never felt so indecisive in my life, as I have since I have started planning my wedding :)
              Ha ha I know the feeling, with me its the linen for the gazeebo, I have been at it for months, going to have to make my decision pretty soon here, 8 months down, 5 months to go, its seems like its getting close - yikes.

#3197 Boo

Boo
              • 785 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

Hi, for those ladies who have gotten married already, I just sent a deposit for the hair/make up guy, only to find after the fact that when he said that he has no other weddings that day that I misunderstood and infact, he has already booked another one some time ago.

Now my ceremony is at 2 pm, the other lady is on this forum and her ceremony is at 3:30. Mine is at Secrets Maroma and hers is at The Royal, PDC. We are both freaking out, I called him and he had indicated that this Saturday he has 3 and that this is typical. I just don’t know what to do, I thought I would splurge as hair is super important to me and now I am worried its going to be a rush job for multiple of what I would have paid else where.

Yikes this is just too stressful.

#3198 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
                • 224 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Boo
                  Hi, for those ladies who have gotten married already, I just sent a deposit for the hair/make up guy, only to find after the fact that when he said that he has no other weddings that day that I misunderstood and infact, he has already booked another one some time ago.

Now my ceremony is at 2 pm, the other lady is on this forum and her ceremony is at 3:30. Mine is at Secrets Maroma and hers is at The Royal, PDC. We are both freaking out, I called him and he had indicated that this Saturday he has 3 and that this is typical. I just don’t know what to do, I thought I would splurge as hair is super important to me and now I am worried its going to be a rush job for multiple of what I would have paid else where.

Yikes this is just too stressful.
                  WAIT a minute?? we are supposed to send a deposit for that? Ana made me feel like she would set it all up.. I am so confused... someone help :)

#3199 Boo

Boo
                  • 785 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

Quote:
                    WAIT a minute?? we are supposed to send a deposit for that? Ana made me feel like she would set it all up.. I am so confused... someone help :)
                    I am having an outside vendor for my hair and make up, not the salon at DRC. Sorry if I created some confusion. I am not sure what the process is to book a hair/make-up appointment at the spa but I am sure that those are allot easier to book right there or closer to.

#3200 JD Hall Wedding

JD Hall Wedding
                    • 77 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pbjwed
                      BTW ladies.. I just bought the cutest tote (beach) bags for my OOt bags at the Dollar Tree.. A girl on this forum posted it and I like them much better than the Jute bags I originally bought.. plus they were only a $1.oo They are canvas material with a liner (mine is Fuchsia).. I spent between 3.00-5.00 on my other bags so this is a steal!!! I think if you go on the website you can buy in bulk.. case of 36 hope this helps!
                      THANKS PBJ I will be ordering mine for the OOT bags also, I am doing fuschia and blue...figure I will give blue one's to the guys and fuschia to girls
                      Jimmy & Dawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users