Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#311 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
  • Jr. Member
  • 393 posts

    Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tracyann
    Rose13-
    I actaully met with Ana earlier this week- what she told me was that if you had more than 20 people, the prices were $26 for the cocktail hour and then $46 for the dinner, so basically $72 per person over the 20.

    We decided to go with Dreams, right now I am just waiting for a confirmation for my date!


    Tracy
    I have a meeting with Ana in November. What types of things did you discuss with her on your visit? Did you go over flowers and decorations? I'm wondering if I can get a lot of my decisions made during that visit.

    #312 SDbeachgirl

    SDbeachgirl
    • Jr. Member
    • 393 posts

      Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by tracyann
      Rose13-
      I actaully met with Ana earlier this week- what she told me was that if you had more than 20 people, the prices were $26 for the cocktail hour and then $46 for the dinner, so basically $72 per person over the 20.

      We decided to go with Dreams, right now I am just waiting for a confirmation for my date!


      Tracy

      I'm pretty sure I already hit submit on this but I can't find my post, so I'm trying this again. I appologize in advance if this post comes up twice.

      I was wondering what you discussed with Ana on your visit. Did you talk about decorations and flowers? I'm meeting with Ana in November and am curious if we will be able to make those types of decisions on the spot. Also did you happen to have a list of questions to ask? Any additional info you received from your visit would be so helpful!

      #313 ashmahan

      ashmahan
      • Newbie
      • 16 posts

        Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by tracyann
        I did get a few photos- let me figure out how to post them, or you can send me your email and I can sent them to you. I think we are going to do a cocktail hour around the jacuzzi area, and then a dinner, still not sure about a big "reception". I know alot of people don't like the wedding gazebo, but I actaully did, I think it looks really nice and won't need a lot of decorations.

        Tracy
        Is there a chance you could send them to my email address? It is ashmahan@hotmail.com. Also I was reading a post about decorating the gazebo? What more do they do for that? Anyone know. I am trying to decide what location we would like to do as well... I think the beach would be so perfect but what do they use to decorate that? Also do they have chair covers? One more thing.. he he So sorry!! :) But if you have your cocktail hour say by the hot tub, Do they set up a lounging area? With places to sit and a bar?

        Hope all you ladies are having a wonderful week!!
        Ashley

        #314 ashmahan

        ashmahan
        • Newbie
        • 16 posts

          Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by RCBlondie
          Oh, and I got my dress back in Feb before we moved. It was the easiest thing so far. This is the link
          JD1214 - by Maggie Sottero
          if it does not work then you can google it: Maggie Sottero and dress style JD1214. I loved it the second I put it on but was not sure when I saw it on the hanger...funny how that works out!
          WOW!!!! Your dress is beautiful!!! :) I ordered my dress a month ago and it is also a Maggie Sottero Gown!!! I LOVE IT!!! It is Gown # SD5204!! The crazy thing is I tried another gown of hers on and LOVED it but they did not have that one in. I called every bridal store even one in Calgary and Grand Praire which is hours away from me but no one had it!! I ordered it without even trying it on! I know it will be just perfect!! Evey bridal store said her gowns are amazing the way they fit!!

          Ashley

          #315 RCBlondie

          RCBlondie
          • Jr. Member
          • 199 posts

            Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:29 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ashmahan
            WOW!!!! Your dress is beautiful!!! :) I ordered my dress a month ago and it is also a Maggie Sottero Gown!!! I LOVE IT!!! It is Gown # SD5204!! The crazy thing is I tried another gown of hers on and LOVED it but they did not have that one in. I called every bridal store even one in Calgary and Grand Praire which is hours away from me but no one had it!! I ordered it without even trying it on! I know it will be just perfect!! Evey bridal store said her gowns are amazing the way they fit!!

            Ashley
            Hey Ashley,
            so you ordered dress SD5204, but did not get to try it on? It is a beautiful dress and I have looked at that one a million times on the website! It is probably my second fav to mine. Good job, I am sure you will look amazing in the dress! Apparently Maggie designs her dresses here in Sydney Australia, right down the hall from a dress store that I went too to show my mother-in-law to be my dress. Congrats on choosing a dress, it is beautiful!
            Rachelle & Randal
            June 2010
            http://tickers.Ticke....90e1/event.png

            #316 SDbeachgirl

            SDbeachgirl
            • Jr. Member
            • 393 posts

              Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:26 AM

              Hi all,

              I found this link on Facebook:

              http://web.mac.com/v....RC/iframe.html

              Rod embedded it in a comment on someone elses post, so it wasn't exactly that visible. Anyhow, thought I would share it with you.

              #317 Laura22610

              Laura22610
              • Jr. Member
              • 468 posts

                Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
                Hi all,

                I found this link on Facebook:

                http://web.mac.com/v....RC/iframe.html

                Rod embedded it in a comment on someone elses post, so it wasn't exactly that visible. Anyhow, thought I would share it with you.
                Thanks!! That's great!

                #318 Laura22610

                Laura22610
                • Jr. Member
                • 468 posts

                  Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carinagirl
                  Laura, just saw your post now. Sure, it wouldn't hurt to find out what she has to say. If you feel like asking, I am totally down. There is a chance we may fly down a family member who is a photographer, but I would love to know our options and what is most cost effective. Thanks!
                  Carina-

                  I just heard back from Claudia Rodriguez...she said she is not available on your date but that some of her associates are. I didn't ask her any more because I figured if it was 2 different photographers, we probably wouldn't be able to get a deal.

                  As far as the invitations, I put December 1st as my RSVP date. I sent out invites a week and a half ago. I did not send out STD's or anything else because I just did not have the time to do so (didn't choose resort until early September). I didn't say that they had to book by then, just that they had to let me know whether or not they planned on coming.

                  #319 Laura22610

                  Laura22610
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 468 posts

                    Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

                    Oh forgot to add...my dress is also a maggie (actually sottero & midgley)...
                    I love both of your dresses - they are beautiful!!

                    JSM1221 - by Sottero & Midgley

                    #320 RCBlondie

                    RCBlondie
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 199 posts

                      Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:14 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Laura22610
                      Oh forgot to add...my dress is also a maggie (actually sottero & midgley)...
                      I love both of your dresses - they are beautiful!!

                      JSM1221 - by Sottero & Midgley
                      Beautiful! Another great destination gown.

                      Did not realise that Maggie is such a popular designer. Tells you how much I Know about fashion! hehe
                      Rachelle & Randal
                      June 2010
                      http://tickers.Ticke....90e1/event.png




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users