Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#3161 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:44 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Laura22610
    Kids are free at the resort only at certain times of the year...when I was there in February, kids were NOT free. I had originally thought that they were free all year long too!
    Laura...Did you have to buy two sets of chair sashes or did they move the ones from the ceremony to the reception?

#3162 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
    • 198 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by coloradobridesmom
      They just move the whole chair with the bow on it over to the reception area so you only need one set of bows. We brought little bubble tubes and they set one on each chair for us also. They really strive to make you happy and everything will look great. The truth is they do so many weddings so they are really good at it. I saw them set up a wedding ceremony for 9 pm on a balcony outside the disco because that is what the bride wanted.
      That's great to know! Saves me a little money! LOL.. Thanks for your help!

#3163 lilly129

lilly129
      • 350 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by pbjwed
        we have to pay for children for the actual dinner reception... but if 2 adults pay children 12 and under are free. maybe we got a promo...

Somewhere I read they can have 3 weddings a day. I was told they can only have two a day!
        It's definitely three - there's three on my day!
        When I first booked I was told it was 2 a day as well but I think because of demand it's changed.

#3164 t1219

t1219
        • 310 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lilly129
          When I first booked I was told it was 2 a day as well but I think because of demand it's changed.
          Wow that sucks to hear. I could understand doing two but three....ughhh how do they do the receptions without you running into one another?

#3165 JD Hall Wedding

JD Hall Wedding
          • 77 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by pbjwed
            In my contract kids that are 12 and under are free at the hotel..
            My TA stated that kids 12 and under are free too, but you have to pay taxes and transfers, so it comes out to $100-200 depending on time of year
            Jimmy & Dawn

#3166 cindyshininger

cindyshininger
            • 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

They do not charge you to put your own chair sashes on? What about our colored napkins and table decorations? I was figuring that we would have to run around and do it ourselves. Thanks, the wedding is next week, so we are trying to finalize everything.

#3167 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
              • 134 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

Just FYI, I just received an e-mail from Ana from Dreams. I had asked about orange calla lillie's because I really want them for the bouquet's. She informed me that they are considered an "exotic" flower and if I want them I would need to upgrade the flowers (AKA- pay more money!). She didn't quote me an exact price because she would need to know exactly what I wanted, first. But the info I have says that an upgraded bridal bouquet is $120-$180 and bridesmaids bouquet's range from $80-$125.
                Just wanted to let everyone know in case your heart is set on orange calla's!
                I think this helps me make my decision to just go with the fake "real touch" flowers.

#3168 Ewa

Ewa
                • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:34 AM

Hey ladies... My wedding is nov 12 ... We will be staying at dreams riviera cancun but the actual ceremony of the wedding will be held in the beautiful chapel in Maroma resort and the reception on the beach in the Marina there.... Did anyone have heard anything or is planning wedding at the Maroma? I need some suggestions ... Congrats to all of you guys ;-)

#3169 pbjwed

pbjwed
                  • 389 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Ewa
                    Hey ladies... My wedding is nov 12 ... We will be staying at dreams riviera cancun but the actual ceremony of the wedding will be held in the beautiful chapel in Maroma resort and the reception on the beach in the Marina there.... Did anyone have heard anything or is planning wedding at the Maroma? I need some suggestions ... Congrats to all of you guys ;-)
                    Congrats!!! We are getting married November 11th~!
                    PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#3170 pbjwed

pbjwed
                    • 389 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lilly129
                      I will be pretty upset that there could be 3 wedding receptions going on the same evening. Mine wedding is on a Thursday so I am hoping that doesnt happen... I cant imagine 2 DJ's playing on the beach and you cant hear the other group?? Has anyone seen this?
                      PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users