Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi everyone, question on the buffet versus sit down dinner. Originally I was planning on about 20 guests but the number is climbing and now we think it might be closer to 30 or 35. Can anyone explain to me what the extra cost would be? The web site says $48 per person for dinner, $26 per person for the cocktail hour, and I have read on this site that it is $60 for each additional person. huh.gif

Also, is there a price difference between the buffet and the sit-down dinner?

Finally, can anyone confirm that we can substitute the cocktail hour for an additional 10 guests? I read that somewhere but I don't know if it was for DRC.

Less than 4 months to go and it is still taking over a month to get replies from Ana. Starting to feel very stressed...

So, do we have a final answer on the rose petals on the beach? Some people say only real ones allowed and others say none at all allowed on beach. Is there anything allowed to be used on the beach...like biodegradable confetti or something? What do yall think of bubbles? Would they all fly away? I just want something for pics when we're announced as man and wife.

Ok... need suggestions. I was not going to do the chair sashes at the ceremony because I did not think they were necessary, but now I am second guessing myself.... any thoughts? Is the beach beautiful enough without the sashes (that was my thoughts) but I DONT KNOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernard4985 View Post
Ok... need suggestions. I was not going to do the chair sashes at the ceremony because I did not think they were necessary, but now I am second guessing myself.... any thoughts? Is the beach beautiful enough without the sashes (that was my thoughts) but I DONT KNOW!!!
How many guests do you have? I think if you have more than 20 it would look nice, but you're right: the beach is beautiful enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindylcarter View Post
That would depend on your travel date and if you are booking a group or not. We have booked 14+ ppl so far, and our travel dates are 10/1/10 - 10/8/10. With the "book 5 rooms get the 6th free" promo, the cost is less than $2500 per couple, and continues to go down when we reach the next level. That includes airfare. I believe our actual cost will be around $2000 per couple. That is for a garden view room. I highly suggest using a travel agent. My best friend is a TA, so I am fortunate in that regard. She is booking trips for a couple other girls from this site as well. If you would like her info, PM me and I will put you in touch. I have been astonished at the prices some are paying, but I am assuming they are going during peak season and are perhaps flying from more expensive locations. We are flying out of St Louis on a charter flight. But I have some guests flying out of other airports on commercial flights, and their costs were a little higher due to their airfare. Good luck!
Mindylcarter: I juts noticed that you'll be there around the same time we will! Our wedding is on Oct 8th and we're getting there on the 6th. We're also from the St. Louis area! Hopefully we will see you when we get down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimadril View Post
Hi everyone, question on the buffet versus sit down dinner. Originally I was planning on about 20 guests but the number is climbing and now we think it might be closer to 30 or 35. Can anyone explain to me what the extra cost would be? The web site says $48 per person for dinner, $26 per person for the cocktail hour, and I have read on this site that it is $60 for each additional person. huh.gif

Also, is there a price difference between the buffet and the sit-down dinner?

Finally, can anyone confirm that we can substitute the cocktail hour for an additional 10 guests? I read that somewhere but I don't know if it was for DRC.

Less than 4 months to go and it is still taking over a month to get replies from Ana. Starting to feel very stressed...

I would really like to know all of this too. We're in the same boat! We originally thought we would have 20-25 and now it's around 40-45. I really hope you can sub the cocktail hour for an extra 10 guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachykeen View Post
I would really like to know all of this too. We're in the same boat! We originally thought we would have 20-25 and now it's around 40-45. I really hope you can sub the cocktail hour for an extra 10 guests.
I am going with the Love Package and Ana let me substitute the cocktail hour for an additional 20 guests at $20 a guest (so basically $400 extra and no cocktail hour). This certainly beats the extra $1500+ you would pay for an additional dinner and cocktail for $20 more guests. From there, she said any additional guests would be the resort price ($48pp or whatever it is).

Hope that helps! We opted to get rid of the cocktail hour and have our guests gather at the Barracuda Bar or Desire's lounge. The drinks are free so you might as well take advantage of that and not pay for a private cocktail hour!