Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#2931 Princess402

Princess402
  • 737 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lorijfletcher
    Interesting! I do have a flower girl.......so she won't be able to throw rose petals? It seems weird that Ana wouldn't allow real petals but she will allow silk petals? Is that what you are saying?
    I think what she is saying is that silk petals are not allowed on the beach (I have read this elsewhere too, it's like an environmental protection thing? maybe because the resort is so close to the reef?) but you can use them if you are getting married at the gazebo. I would assume this is because they would be much easier to sweep up off the concrete in front of the wedding gazebo. If you are getting married on the beach and want to throw rose petals it sounds like they have to be the real thing.

#2932 jstock311

jstock311
    • 47 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amberm410
      Ana will take care of it if you just tell her you would like him. You could also e-mail him to see if he is available on your date. I did both. The pricing should be the same as the photo packages she sends you. It's kinda weird because of things I have read and from my own experience it seems that Ana doesn't like it when people contact the vendors on their own for pricing etc.. probably because Dreams puts a mark up of some sort on it.
      Thanks Amber!

#2933 Megan24

Megan24
      • 271 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

I will be married this time next week!! I have so much to do still. My bach party is tomorrow. So I plan on not being able to get much done sunday. lol

#2934 wisconsinbride2010

wisconsinbride2010
        • 98 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rdsjcr
          I am 29 and my fiance is 30... most of our guest (there is about 45 right now) are around our age 25-32.... with the exception of our parents and brother and sister... and we, too are a pretty rowdy group.... after reading about the complaints that some who have already gotten married got... I am already preparing myself that we will get some as well!
          HI rdsjcr:
          We are going to be at the resort at the same time as you are there. We are getting married on Oct. 28 but are all arriving on the 23rd. Our group is also in the same age group and probably just as rowdy. We are 28 and 29 and our friends are all around the same ages. We also have approx 40 people going. I can't believe it's only 5 months away!!

#2935 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
          • 134 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

I have a dilemma about the photographer. I am doing the Ultimate wedding package and so I don't know if it makes sense to hire Juan Navarro. His work is amazing, but I think the resort does a good job too. Below are some facts and questions I have about each. Can anyone help me out? Those of you who are hiring him, are you doing the Love or Ultimate wedding package?

Juan Navarro:
            3 hr time limit
            gives you more photo's? (I've heard they are the same but it looks like Juan gives you more)
            Gives you ALL photo's taken??
            charges extra for TTD - but you get more photo's for the extra money, too.

Resort photographer:
            no time limit (they told me)
            no extra charge for TTD
            fewer pictures?? only 50 included in package
            $15 per photo after the given 50

Help please!!!

#2936 reaganlane

reaganlane
            • 180 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010
              HI rdsjcr:
              We are going to be at the resort at the same time as you are there. We are getting married on Oct. 28 but are all arriving on the 23rd. Our group is also in the same age group and probably just as rowdy. We are 28 and 29 and our friends are all around the same ages. We also have approx 40 people going. I can't believe it's only 5 months away!!
              Hey Wisconsinbride: We are getting married on Oct 26th! We will be arriving the 24th. We will both be 25 by then and our small group of 20'ish is a variety of ages. Some are friends and the rest are family. So, they won't be too rowdy but looking forward to having a good time! What room did yall book and what wedding package are you doing?

#2937 reaganlane

reaganlane
              • 180 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Megan24
                I will be married this time next week!! I have so much to do still. My bach party is tomorrow. So I plan on not being able to get much done sunday. lol
                WOO-HOO!!! Congrats girl! Enjoy your party tonight!

#2938 lilly129

lilly129
                • 350 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Megan24
                  Yay congrats!!!! So excited for you! Take a deep breath - you'll get everything done and it will be amazing! Have a blast at your bachelorette party!! Can't wait to hear all about your beautiful wedding!

#2939 wisconsinbride2010

wisconsinbride2010
                  • 98 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by reaganlane
                    Hey Wisconsinbride: We are getting married on Oct 26th! We will be arriving the 24th. We will both be 25 by then and our small group of 20'ish is a variety of ages. Some are friends and the rest are family. So, they won't be too rowdy but looking forward to having a good time! What room did yall book and what wedding package are you doing?
                    We booked the perferred oceanfront room. I wanted something a bit away from everyone else but nothing too expensive! We are doing the ultimate package. I just ordered my bridesmaid dresses today. So I'm super excited to have that marked off my list! We are doing a watermellon pink and a bright orange as our colors. Our guys are wearing ivory linen shirts with chocolate linen pants. I am getting kinda nervous since there is only 5 months left! What package did you chose and what are your colors?

#2940 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
                    • 203 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:19 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010
                      We booked the perferred oceanfront room. I wanted something a bit away from everyone else but nothing too expensive! We are doing the ultimate package. I just ordered my bridesmaid dresses today. So I'm super excited to have that marked off my list! We are doing a watermellon pink and a bright orange as our colors. Our guys are wearing ivory linen shirts with chocolate linen pants. I am getting kinda nervous since there is only 5 months left! What package did you chose and what are your colors?
                      I just wanted to say Hi to both of you guys. I am getting married the 23rd but am staying 20th-28th. See you all there in 5 months!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users