Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#2691 leighkarem

• 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

YOU DO NOT NEED TO EMAIL OR CONTACT TO SPA PRIOR TO YOU ARRIVING. you only need to make an appt not even 1 day prior to your wedding and they will accomodate ALL OF YOUR NEEDS!!!! they do a great job with hair and makeup and will do whatever you want. We wrote our own vows and ceremony script (i got some from this site and online) and we only did a symbolic ceremony. got hitched prior at city hall. too complicated to have it done legally down there. we chose to write our own vows and script. they have an entire script for you if you want.

#2692 reaganlane

• 180 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

Leigh- your pics are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing them and sharing your review. It made me feel so much better about my big day coming up! Thank you!

#2693 Laura22610

• 468 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by rdsjcr
        Laura do you think you can help?? We are going to have our reception on the pool deck... and I really want to hang paper lanterns out there. Do you think there is a way/place for me to do that? (those that have gotten married already)

I am thinking a simple candle setup on the tables and then lanterns (my colors) above...but being outside--not real sure how that could work??

Also-- anyone-- we went to order our guys Linen Suits from WeddingTropics.com and the color we wanted Khaki is temporarily out of stock for 2 MONTHS! Do ya'll know of another place to order? (we cannot go to JCREW or etc b/c one of our groomsmen is 6'7, 300+ lbs)

thanks so so so much :)

Hi Robyn-
        I am not really sure how you would hang paper lanterns over the deck. The deck is pretty large and there isn't anything above it. One wedding I saw had the star lanterns strung up above the edge of the infinity pool but I don't think that is the look that you were thinking of. They were just in a straight line above the pool. Hmmm...that's a tough one...I can't picture how it would work??

As for the suits...we got my husband's suit from here... it's more expensive now than what we paid but the suit was really really nice! We got it in tan.
        Linen Suits

#2694 Laura22610

• 468 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Megan24
          Does anyone have a email for the salon on the resort where we get our hair and makeup done?

Do I need to book a appointment now or wait until I get there?

For the brides that used them how did it go where you happy with the make up and hair?
          Megan - I did make appointments before I left. It would be one less thing you have to think about when you get there (because trust me, once you get there, you will just want to relax by the pool and have yummy drinks!). I just emailed the spa and they set up the appointments - it was really easy!! My mom and my bridesmaids got their hair and make-up done at the salon and they did a great job! I got my nails done there and they did a great job with that too! They are really nice there and will get back to you really quickly when you email them. Here is the email that I used...

#2695 Laura22610

• 468 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by ursula
            Hi Ladies! I just decided on Dreams RC for my wedding and my TA has contacted the TA to secure my date!! Hopeffully May 6th or 7th 2011.

I noticed that the main complaint is the privacy or lack of for the ceremony sites, does anyone know if they have added a more private ceremony site or have moved the location of the beach site.

This was not a problem for me at all! I got married on the beach and did not have any trouble with privacy. The gazebo is less private. Hope that helps!

#2696 21aholden

• 64 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by brookeh68
              You have answered so many questions for me about the reception, music and other things. We are planning our June 18th 2011 wedding currently. It does take Ana to get back to you with info but she seems overworked. I will be signing the rooms and wedding contract this week ( i started everything in February) - so it has taken a while. I am definitely going with IPOD for music. Great idea! I feel a little less stress that Ana had taken care of many weddings already and everyone has said positive feedback. I can't wait for next June!
              We are getting married June 16th 2011! Have you gotten a group rate for your guest? If you have would you mind sharing? We are working on that with our TA but I am anxious to see how much it will be. Yay for June! :)
              Ashley & Jeremy 6/16/2011

#2697 tsgnatko

• 164 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

February 10, 2011

#2698 beachykeen

• 109 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by leighkarem
                  I did the LOVE package and it included my bouquet and 4 of the calla lily boutonnieres! i paid a little extra for the gerber daisy bouquets for my sister and his sister.
                  Thanks for sharing!!! I'm doing the love package too so hopefully calla lillies are still included by the time my wedding rolls around!

#2699 tsgnatko

• 164 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:27 PM

Jennifer & Michael - 5/7/2010
                    Margaret & Matthew - 5/15/2010
                    Megan & Jason - 5/21/2010
                    Ashley & ? - 5/30/2010
                    Rachelle & Randal - 6/3/2010
                    Nancy & Bruce - 6/11/2010
                    Erica & John – 6/19/2010
                    carlychristine - 6/22/2010
                    Allison & ? – 7/24/2010
                    Casey & Ron - 9/18/2010
                    Vix1383 – 10/16/2010
                    Emma & ? - 10/23/2010
                    wisconsionbride - 10/28/2010
                    Rachael & Alex - 10/31/2010
                    April & Reggie – 11/6/2010
                    Tracy & ? -11/26/2010
                    lnf_munchkin - 11/27/2010
                    Tara & Andy - 2/10/2011

#2700 tsgnatko

• 164 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

I am looking for acutal total costs - if you have been married here and have the Ultimate Package for $2700 - what did it all actually include and how much extra did you end up paying - and what extras

Thank you

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users