Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#261 Laura22610

Laura22610
  • 468 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

I also did not get a list of photographers from Ana. I just emailed her with the name of the photographer and she approved it. I looked into all of those photographers that SDBeachGirl just listed except Cecilia Dumas. I have emails with pricing and packages from all of them if anyone is interested. They were all really nice and responded to my emails quickly and I read good reviews also!

#262 Laura22610

Laura22610
    • 468 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Megan24
      Ladies are you doing a group booking? Or are you just letting them have the info of your travel agent and an idea of the prices. Just wondering how you are all working these details out.
      I am not doing a group booking. I sent out my invitation and just told everyone to book through our TA. Our TA held a group of seats (I think 20) on a flight - I had to put out the money (I think $50 per seat) but if they don't get booked, I will still be reimbursed and after everyone books, my TA will refund the money I put out. We also reserved a block of rooms at the resort (did not have to put any money out for that). So, hopefully everyone goes through the TA to book!

#263 Laura22610

Laura22610
      • 468 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

Is anyone having a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, or any other kind of organized event for everyone? If so, what are you doing? I am lost here and not sure what to do!

#264 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
        • 393 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Laura22610
          Is anyone having a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, or any other kind of organized event for everyone? If so, what are you doing? I am lost here and not sure what to do!
          I think we will have something, but I am not sure what yet. I will take a look at the various restaurants while on our site visit. I was just planning on doing a rehearsal dinner, but now it sounds like everyone is going to arrive a few days early and I guess it would be nice to have some sort of welcome dinner or event. I also want to look into the option of having a sunset catamaran cruise. Maybe this can be in place of a welcome dinner. Or I may just try to organize that so that everyone pays for their own ticket, versus having that be on us. But we'll see...

Basically, I haven't done much planning on this part...as you can see.

#265 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
          • 393 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Laura22610
            I also did not get a list of photographers from Ana. I just emailed her with the name of the photographer and she approved it. I looked into all of those photographers that SDBeachGirl just listed except Cecilia Dumas. I have emails with pricing and packages from all of them if anyone is interested. They were all really nice and responded to my emails quickly and I read good reviews also!
            Hi Laura,

Would you mind emailing the price sheets you got from the other photographers? I just want to make sure that the prices that Cecilia has are comparible. I'll send my email address to you in a private message.

Thanks,

#266 belgiandave

belgiandave
            • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

Hi Everyone

It says brides post here.

I hope grooms are invited :-)

Just wanted to share. we have booked our wedding day on the 7th of October :-)
              Can't wait

#267 Laura22610

Laura22610
              • 468 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
                Hi Laura,

Would you mind emailing the price sheets you got from the other photographers? I just want to make sure that the prices that Cecilia has are comparible. I'll send my email address to you in a private message.

Thanks,
                They are on their way...let me know if you have trouble opening anything!

#268 Laura22610

Laura22610
                • 468 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by belgiandave
                  Hi Everyone

Can't wait
                  Congratulations!

#269 RCBlondie

RCBlondie
                  • 199 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by belgiandave
                    Hi Everyone

Can't wait
                    Yes, groom's welcome too!

Congratulations!
                    Rachelle & Randal
                    June 2010
                    http://tickers.Ticke....90e1/event.png

#270 RCBlondie

RCBlondie
                    • 199 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
                      I don't think there is an actual "list". Once you find a photographer that you like, I would just run it by Anna to make sure that she is ok with it. Have you started researching photographers yet?

Elizabeth Medina - I have heard great things about her but she is a little more pricey.

Claudia Rodriquez - She is supposed to be really good, but not available on my date.

Moments That Matter - They looked good and got good reviews...not available on my date

Dino Gomez - Good reviews...not available on my date

Citilli (sp?) - one of Claudia Rodriguez's photogs...good reviews but not available for me.

Cecilia Dumas - Good reviews and available...yeah! I plan to meet with her while I am at my site visit in November.
                      Thanks for the suggestions. I have not started to do the research yet, feeling a little overwhelmed with this part as well. As if choosing a resort was not hard enough! The photographer is very important to me but at the same time, I don't want to pay exorbitant fees! Sounds like your wedding date is a popular one. I hope you like Cecilia Dumas and it all works out.
                      Rachelle & Randal
                      June 2010
                      http://tickers.Ticke....90e1/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users