Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#2411 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amberm410
    Hey girls! I just returned from my wedding there on the 10th! I will post a full review later in the week but have no fear once you get there everything comes into place! Ana and her assistant Yasmin are on top of it. The best part of my wedding is the awesome pictures. I would highly highly suggest Juan Navarro. His crew did an such a great job capturing every part. I have 3 cd's of pictures. Some are color, some black and white, some black and white with just flowers or somehting in the picture being color and sepia photos. So creative. We had so much fun. Here is a link to a few of the pictures on his site. JEFF & AMBER DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN 10 APRIL’10 Juan Navarros Blog

Also if you just go to his site you can check out his work. www.juanphots.com

Full review of the resort and wedding etc.. to come within the next few days! Happy planning!
    Awww congrats - everything looked gorgeous!
    http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

#2412 alisonpaige

alisonpaige
    • 21 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Quote:
      Hey girls! I just returned from my wedding there on the 10th! I will post a full review later in the week but have no fear once you get there everything comes into place! Ana and her assistant Yasmin are on top of it. The best part of my wedding is the awesome pictures. I would highly highly suggest Juan Navarro. His crew did an such a great job capturing every part. I have 3 cd's of pictures. Some are color, some black and white, some black and white with just flowers or somehting in the picture being color and sepia photos. So creative. We had so much fun. Here is a link to a few of the pictures on his site. JEFF & AMBER DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN 10 APRIL’10 Juan Navarros Blog

Full review of the resort and wedding etc.. to come within the next few days! Happy planning!
      I don't quite understand how using Juan works. Did you have him booked far in advance? Did you then have to pay for his services since he is no longer the resort photographer? I love his photos compared to the resort photographers but I am trying to keep my cost down. Thanks and Congrats I LOVED your Dress! So beautiful!

#2413 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
      • 254 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

Today was good - some of the initial wedding favors we ordered came this a.m., I found and ordered my wedding gown and FI and I started Day 1 of the P90x together. I'm pysched :-)

#2414 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
        • 254 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Megan24
          I dont want to sound like a downer but we had 3 couples pay for half of their trip and decided not to go. Sorry had to vent that. lol
          GIRL stop it LOL Really? I'm hoping that none of our guests have that kinf od money to throw away :-s

#2415 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
          • 254 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by somethingblue
            We won a FREE trip to DRC with flights through out TA. FI and I are going down for a site visit May 9 for 5 nights. We are so excited to be able to see the resort and all of its beauty before we get married Dec 6 2010.
            That is WICKED!!

#2416 Boo

Boo
            • 785 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

deleted

#2417 Megan24

Megan24
              • 271 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart
                GIRL stop it LOL Really? I'm hoping that none of our guests have that kinf od money to throw away :-s
                I thought that too. You will be fine I just have the worst friends ever. lol

Also I had payed for one of the rooms for my bridesmaids and they backed out.

#2418 Laura22610

Laura22610
                • 468 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:18 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by noonie
                  I am getting married on the 28th of this month & am stressed about the weather!! The forecast for next week is showers every day, 60% on my wedding day
                  Okay show me those templates!!

I am looking for something for the guest that will have the times of the events we will have going on. Reherseal dinner, ect.

Anything else my wedding is coming up and I have nothing for the guest for at the resort. Help!!! lol
                  Megan...the template I have for the list and times of events is on my mom's computer which just crashed the other day so unfortunately I can't post it for you However, it was very, very east to do! She did it in Microsoft Word. If you need help figuring it out, let me know and I will try to re-create it and post for you. I'll post a picture of it...
                  Also, I got chocolates from Ah Cacao, which is located in Playa del Carmen for favors for my wedding. It was a great suggestion from somebody on here (sorry, I don't remember who!!) and it was a hit. I contacted them through their website before I left for Mexico and paid for the chocolates by paypal. I arranged with Ah Cacao for the chocolates to be delivered the day before the wedding and they were delivered right to the hotel concierge with no problems. They only charged $8 for delivery fee and a taxi ride to Playa costs $50, so it was a great deal! They have lots of stuff depending on how much you want to spend. Did you get stuff for your OOT bags yet? One thing that I put in mine that was used a lot in Mexico and at home was chapstick. I got mine from this website ( Click the image to open in full size.

OOT bag contents:
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  Click the image to open in full size.]

#2419 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
                  • 198 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

Quote:

Hi!!! I was wondering how you got to use Juan. Ana told me I had to use Adventure...the resort photographer. They seem pretty good, but initially I loved Juan's work. I would still like to see if I can use him..Your pics are beautiful!!!

#2420 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
                    • 254 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Boo
                      wow, you sure are on the ball, you wedding is 6 months after mine and I dont have my wedding dresses picked out, leave in less than 7 months, this is one of those getting concerned moments :)
                      Well I was on the 2011 thread and one of the girls told me that the Pronovias gowns can take up to a year to get which made me start panicking especially since all the gowns that I liked were in the 2011 collection. Anyway at the end of the day, I found this company that manufactures replicas right out of China so I'm kind of anxious to see if the dress looks like the original, making sure its not a rip off etc. So I figure if I'm going to gamble I better do it early just in case the dress is shoddy or the business is shady kwim. Plus I genuinely love the dress. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users