Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#2041 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
  • Jr. Member
  • 224 posts

    Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reaganlane
    We will be arriving on the 24th. Our wedding is the 26th. What time is your wedding and are u having it on the beach or at the gazebo? If I am there in time, I may have to sneak peak at yours. :) Ours will be very small, just family and a few friends so we will not be having a rehearsal dinner. How long will you be at dreams?
    Our wedding is at 4pm. We will be at Dreams until the 26th morning- then we are going to Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon!

    #2042 t1219

    t1219
    • Jr. Member
    • 310 posts

      Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

      It has been almost a month since I have received a response from Ana....I am starting to become impatient. I know she has a lot of brides to tend to but a month?

      #2043 Boo

      Boo
      • Member
      • 785 posts

        Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by t1219
        It has been almost a month since I have received a response from Ana....I am starting to become impatient. I know she has a lot of brides to tend to but a month?
        Oh that is just ridiculous! I find I can still get an email once a week / every two weeks. I usually send an email (I have began to compile questions though and send a couple at once). Then if there is no response in one week, I send another email as a 'friendly' reminder. Once I did go above Ana to the Sales Manager I believe, and got 2 emails from her within 24 hours after that but now back to weekly. It is ridiculously frustrating, I have been planning this thing for 5 months!! Only 7+ months to go.

        On a separate note, have any of the ladies been able to get a room upgrade. We are fine but my grandparents got the garden view room, we splurged just a little got the basic ocean view room. I was hoping to have them upgraded to ocean view or ocean front would be even better – has anyone had much luck with this?

        #2044 Megan24

        Megan24
        • Jr. Member
        • 271 posts

          Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Boo
          Oh that is just ridiculous! I find I can still get an email once a week / every two weeks. I usually send an email (I have began to compile questions though and send a couple at once). Then if there is no response in one week, I send another email as a 'friendly' reminder. Once I did go above Ana to the Sales Manager I believe, and got 2 emails from her within 24 hours after that but now back to weekly. It is ridiculously frustrating, I have been planning this thing for 5 months!! Only 7+ months to go.

          On a separate note, have any of the ladies been able to get a room upgrade. We are fine but my grandparents got the garden view room, we splurged just a little got the basic ocean view room. I was hoping to have them upgraded to ocean view or ocean front would be even better – has anyone had much luck with this?
          Boo I have not heard from her in weeks either.

          But as for the upgrade I can not remember if you have a TA or not? But I posted on the forum on how to get your room upgraded. There is something called a VIP letter that a TA can write for you to give to the resort. I will look for the post tomorrow and put it on here. If you do not have a TA you would think they would upgrade us for making us brides be some stressed out. lol But I do not see that happening.

          #2045 lorijfletcher

          lorijfletcher
          • Newbie
          • 134 posts

            Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

            Lori Fletcher and Jason Mercer
            November 29th, 2010

            #2046 Ashlynn039

            Ashlynn039
            • Jr. Member
            • 355 posts

              Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

              Welcome Lori :)

              #2047 t1219

              t1219
              • Jr. Member
              • 310 posts

                Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

                Hi Lori! I am getting married on the 30th:)

                #2048 Laura22610

                Laura22610
                • Jr. Member
                • 468 posts

                  Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pbjwed
                  Hi ladies- Its Janine. .. JFAZZINA Somehow I was BANNED til the 30th- I have no idea what I did?? downloaded stuff I guess.. I love the new pics and Congrats on your wedding! It looks sooo pretty!!!

                  Question for you all who have had their wedding there... How is cocktail hour set up?? With tables?? Decorated at all
                  That sounds really good!!

                  Laura did you get the complimentary room the night before your wedding
                  GREAT REVIEW LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure everyone here appreciates it as much as I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Thank you! I am glad it is helpful!! :)

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by t1219
                  Not sure if anyone has posted anything about this or not, but how do we pay for the remainder of our wedding (pkg, flowers, dj etc)? Is it due before the wedding or at the end of your stay?
                  The remainder of your wedding balance is due before the wedding. When you have your meeting with Ana when you get down there (set-up the meeting time before you get there though!), bring your final payment...she will ask you for it after you go over all of the wedding details.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lorijfletcher
                  Lori Fletcher and Jason Mercer
                  November 29th, 2010
                  Congratulations Lori and Welcome :)

                  #2049 allegraapple

                  allegraapple
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 108 posts

                    Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:59 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Megan24
                    Boo I have not heard from her in weeks either.

                    But as for the upgrade I can not remember if you have a TA or not? But I posted on the forum on how to get your room upgraded. There is something called a VIP letter that a TA can write for you to give to the resort. I will look for the post tomorrow and put it on here. If you do not have a TA you would think they would upgrade us for making us brides be some stressed out. lol But I do not see that happening.
                    Oh - I am interested in instructions for that VIP letter also! Thanks.

                    #2050 Boo

                    Boo
                    • Member
                    • 785 posts

                      Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

                      Me too :) Ie. the VIP letter - I do have a TA but only a handful have booked with her, I think most of the rest of our guests, who havent booked yet, will do so thru expedia.ca and the like. Funny we invited about 80 people at first I expected 50, now I dunno, maybe it will only be like 20 people attending, I know its tough because it is their holiday and considerable money etc. but we had initially wanted to just do a small wedding by like a hawaiin waterfall and then go to europe for our honeymoon, now we are spending 2 weeks in Mexico (which is fine) so that we may make it affordable for our guests and if no one comes still very upsetting sorry just needed to get that out of the way




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users