Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#191 cda023

cda023
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:45 AM

is the 164 pp/nt?

I am officially confused about the pricing for the rooms.

#192 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
    • 252 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:51 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by soon2BMrs.Prince
      Thanks for the info...$50 deposit that is awesome and I would love it if my guests only had to pay that. So are you getting a group rate? If so how much time do your guests have to pay the deposit? How did you get a T.A. through Apple Vacations? Did you go through the website and call the 800#? I'll be sure to mention it to my T.A. tomorrow. She hasn't told me about receiving any additional promotions. I'll have to ask her about that too. That's weird that there are only ocean view room available because my T.A. told me that the ocean view and ocean front were waitlisted and the only ones available were the garden view. I don't care one bit, but I worried that if some of my guests wanted ocean view then maybe they wouldn't be able to. I'll let you know what she tells me. Thanks again for the info.
      I went to a local wedding plaza here in Chicago and they had a travel agent in there so I talked to him. I don't know if he works for Apple of if that is just who he is booking through. I never contacted Apple myself. He did tell me that Apple owns Dreams so it is good to book through them.

My guests will need to pay their rooms in full 30 days prior to arrival. Another benefit of going through Apple is when you book both air and hotel you only need to put down $150 deposit (so people who cannot afford their airfare right now when it is cheap can still book and only put down a deposit).

As for the room situation, the garden view rooms are no longer available on the website for Dreams. Dreams gives all the tour operators (apple vacations ect.) an allotment of rooms and maybe your t.a. is going through one that only has the deluxe garden view so if you really want ocean view I would ask your t.a. to try other operators

#193 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
      • 252 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Megan24
        Just an update ladies on girls booking a group rate. This is what my t.a. just sent me. I am pretty upset about it all. I dont understand why us brides should not get the promotion. Here is the email that was sent to me.

Hi Megan,

Dreams has revised the promo as of last Friday. I was on the phone with my groups department as well as Dreams trying to get some clarification. I am trying to get clarification as to if we can use this NOW with your wedding group. The revision was that it does not pertain to groups and that if your group requires special services, the resort sales manager needs to be informed. Very vague in their remarks - thus the reason we are trying to get clarification again on this. And, they just received the revision late Friday and Dreams revised the promo on their website over the weekend. Now, Dreams is saying it pertains to incentive groups, business meetings that require meeting space such as audio/visual equipment, special catering in the meeting room, etc....... We are arguing with them that you are not an incentive group, you will not have food catered into the meeting room, etc......

This promotion is only for social groups and does not include groups that need special services such as meeting space, events, food & beverage, etc, etc, etc. "They giveth and they taketh away". I did speak directly to Dreams on Friday and this weekend and I am sending those notes over to my supplier today. So, just hang on until we get clarification from the Director of Sales at Dreams.

I will let you girls know how this is resolved. I do not really see any point of putting a depoist for all of my guest if I do not get anything out of it.
        Hey Megan! I wanted to share with you what I have found out thus far! I contacted Hagen Sommer, the director of group sales at DRC and asked him for rates for a WEDDING GROUP. He sent me back the rates and included in his email about the special promotion they have going on right now, the 3G, which is every 6th room is free! If he says weddings get the promotion then I would think all weddings would. If you run in to any trouble let me know and I can forwarded you his email to try and get them to get you the same promotion! What they do for one they should do for all!

#194 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
        • 252 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cda023
          is the 164 pp/nt?

I am officially confused about the pricing for the rooms.
          Yes it is per person per night. If you need any clarification just ask and I will do my best to help!

#195 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:09 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Megan24
            Just an update ladies on girls booking a group rate. This is what my t.a. just sent me. I am pretty upset about it all. I dont understand why us brides should not get the promotion. Here is the email that was sent to me.

Hi Megan,

Dreams has revised the promo as of last Friday. I was on the phone with my groups department as well as Dreams trying to get some clarification. I am trying to get clarification as to if we can use this NOW with your wedding group. The revision was that it does not pertain to groups and that if your group requires special services, the resort sales manager needs to be informed. Very vague in their remarks - thus the reason we are trying to get clarification again on this. And, they just received the revision late Friday and Dreams revised the promo on their website over the weekend. Now, Dreams is saying it pertains to incentive groups, business meetings that require meeting space such as audio/visual equipment, special catering in the meeting room, etc....... We are arguing with them that you are not an incentive group, you will not have food catered into the meeting room, etc......

This promotion is only for social groups and does not include groups that need special services such as meeting space, events, food & beverage, etc, etc, etc. "They giveth and they taketh away". I did speak directly to Dreams on Friday and this weekend and I am sending those notes over to my supplier today. So, just hang on until we get clarification from the Director of Sales at Dreams.

I will let you girls know how this is resolved. I do not really see any point of putting a depoist for all of my guest if I do not get anything out of it.
            This isn't really something new, it was always in the fine print that it was not applicable to groups requiring additional services, such as wedding receptions, etc...

#196 vix1383

vix1383
            • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

October 16, 2010!

#197 noonie

noonie
              • 33 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

can anyone share prices they have been quoted for april, 2010?? i am using a travel agent but when i checked direct on the website it was cheaper??
                im very confused & stressed out...can anyone help please

#198 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
                • 252 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hello all my lovely fellow DRC brides.... in case you all are not following the on the facebook site for DRC there has been some new pictures posted of the resort today!! AND one of the pictures is a sneak peek at the wedding gazebo, which all I can say right now is it is interesting.... I think I need to see it decorated. What do you all think?

Is anyone else doing a beach ceremony? There is a picture of a beach wedding on the Dreams villamanga website and i is GORGEOUS! Let me know what the rest of you are think about doing or any ideas you may have!

#199 lilly129

lilly129
                  • 350 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

I saw the gazebo on facebook too! Um I think you're right - it might look really cool decorated but it is a little strange...is it right by the pool too?

I'm going to do a beach ceremony - has anyone been able to get pictures of the reception locations from Ana yet? I'm going to try her again after it's open and see if we can get some pictures.

Also - my TA said that she called and requested brochures which should be available early next week - I'm hoping they'll have a wedding brochure up on thier website like the other dreams resorts.

#200 NESS

NESS
                    • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:02 PM

I sw the pics too, I'm not really sure how I feel about the gazebo.. I want to have my wedding on the beach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users