Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#1921 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
  • Jr. Member
  • 224 posts

    Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Laura22610
    The beach is DEFINITELY more private than the gazebo. I always planned to have my ceremony on the beach, so I never thought about the gazebo but while I was there, I saw a couple of weddings at the gazebo. Although they looked very pretty, they weren't private. They do move a lot of the pool lounge chairs out of the way but the gazebo is pretty close to the infinity pool. Also, people can stand on the balcony of their room and watch your ceremony. I think it also depends on what time of day your ceremony is and how many people are out at the poo. The good thing about the gazebo is nobody can walk directly behind your ceremony like they can on the beach. I don't know if this will help, but here is a picture I took while they were setting up a ceremony at the gazebo. I was sitting in a lounge chair at the pool. Click the image to open in full size.
    Laura- thank you SO SO SO much... You are so helpful and I know putting a lot of our minds at ease :)

    Can I ask one more question... what did you do for your reception? (DJ or IPOD) and where did you have it?

    Thanks :)

    #1922 Laura22610

    Laura22610
    • Jr. Member
    • 468 posts

      Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by rdsjcr
      Laura- thank you SO SO SO much... You are so helpful and I know putting a lot of our minds at ease :)

      Can I ask one more question... what did you do for your reception? (DJ or IPOD) and where did you have it?

      Thanks :)
      You're welcome :) I had a DJ for the reception. I used DJ Doremixx (Ivan). I had originally planned on using an ipod but then I got stressed trying to put together music and made the decision to get a DJ. This was one of the best decisions I made! Ivan is awesome and made the reception so much fun! I had my reception on the pool deck. That is the one that is between the infinity pool and the beach.

      #1923 Laura22610

      Laura22610
      • Jr. Member
      • 468 posts

        Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

        I finally got my review written...hope it helps everyone!! :)
        http://bestdestinati....-review-56703/

        Oh and something else I wanted to let everyone know...I put insulated travel mugs in my OOT bags. Nobody used them...the drinks at the resort come in nice big glasses so there wasn't really a need for them. They took up a lot of room in the suitcase to get them there and probably, if I had to do it all over, I might not have gotten them. Everyone really liked them though and I've seen them being used since we got home.

        #1924 saymyname74

        saymyname74
        • Newbie
        • 86 posts

          Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Laura22610
          I finally got my review written...hope it helps everyone!! :)
          http://bestdestinati....-review-56703/

          Oh and something else I wanted to let everyone know...I put insulated travel mugs in my OOT bags. Nobody used them...the drinks at the resort come in nice big glasses so there wasn't really a need for them. They took up a lot of room in the suitcase to get them there and probably, if I had to do it all over, I might not have gotten them. Everyone really liked them though and I've seen them being used since we got home.
          Thanks for all the help. Question: Who put the sashes on the chairs?

          #1925 Megan24

          Megan24
          • Jr. Member
          • 271 posts

            Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ebernard4985
            I am thinking no. They are going back on everything they have said and it seems to be in Mexico they do not honor anything!

            I found out from Hagen (sales manager at Dreams) that they are currently in the process of getting another golf contract for our wedding times. He said there will be golf after May 1. Again, I have this in an email to confirm what he said over the phone... but who knows if they will honor it!
            Girl I do not understand how they can keep doing this. You can not keep going back and fourth what you offer to people. I am really annoyed by the whole thing.

            #1926 Megan24

            Megan24
            • Jr. Member
            • 271 posts

              Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachykeen
              We are doing the Love package also and using Cds that we will burn for ceremony music. We are renting the sound system for $198--The paperwork states that there is a "music technician" to operate it if you bring an ipod of Cd. I just want to make sure someone is ther to change the music.
              Thanks I think the price to rent is outrageous. I can buy my own speakers for less then what it is to rent. The 198 you mentioned is per hour correct?

              But it would be nice to have a tech to handle the music. Oh the choices.

              #1927 Laura22610

              Laura22610
              • Jr. Member
              • 468 posts

                Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by saymyname74
                Thanks for all the help. Question: Who put the sashes on the chairs?
                I gave them to Ana and she took care of it. She did the same for the reception!

                #1928 Ashlynn039

                Ashlynn039
                • Jr. Member
                • 355 posts

                  Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Laura22610
                  I gave them to Ana and she took care of it. She did the same for the reception!
                  Laura - how much did it cost per chair when you bring your own sashes if you don't mind me asking? Also do you have to bring enough sashes for the ceremony chairs as well as the chairs for the reception or do they re-use them after the ceremony for the reception?

                  Thanks for answering all of our questions! :)

                  #1929 Megan24

                  Megan24
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 271 posts

                    Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

                    Great question Ashyln. I was wondering the same thing.

                    #1930 Laura22610

                    Laura22610
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 468 posts

                      Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ashlynn039
                      Laura - how much did it cost per chair when you bring your own sashes if you don't mind me asking? Also do you have to bring enough sashes for the ceremony chairs as well as the chairs for the reception or do they re-use them after the ceremony for the reception?

                      Thanks for answering all of our questions! :)
                      It did not cost me any extra to have the sashes put on the chairs. I am not sure about the second question...I had enough sashes for both. I think, though, that there would be enough time for them to re-use them for the reception. They would have at least an hour if you are having a cocktail hour. We had about 2 hours (maybe a little less) between the ceremony and reception.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users