Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#1681 volosikj

volosikj
  • Jr. Member
  • 200 posts

    Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

    Photography At DRC- Ana sent me prices for photo packages 1-5. Does anyone know what each package actually includes for the price? And what photographer that includes? Just Adventure Photography?

    #1682 lstaff

    lstaff
    • Newbie
    • 48 posts

      Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy
      Hi everyone!! I wanted to make OOT bags for my guests. But how do we go about shipping everything down. I just wanted to fill it with snacks, water, things like that. Not sure if I willhave rrom to carry all that down. Is anyone else making these bags?
      Actually, at first I was all about the "welcome baskets" that I was going to leave in everyones room at the resort. However, I decided that I would give the gifts to our guests a couple of weeks before the trip. That way, it will get them even more excited about the their trip to our wedding (and I would save myself from the headache of shipping or taking the gifts with us). In my gift baskets, I am probably going to order some mexican candy/ snacks online (Mexican food and Mexican recipes at MexGrocer.com or Mexican Candy Store : Candy Wholesale : Dulces Mexicanos : Papel Picado : Molcajete : Party Supplies : Mifiesta.com : Jigsaw Puzzle). I also thought about giving everyone luggage tags, a magazine about the Riviera Maya (my TA ordered them for me), maracas, huggies or whatever people call them- Ive heard a lot of people say that their guests used the huggies the whole time they were at the resort. Anyway, I also thought about some other reading material that my friend and I would put together, like fun facts about Mexico or something like that. I believe there is a whole thread dedicated to OOT bags if you have time to look for it:)

      #1683 roxmysockz

      roxmysockz
      • Jr. Member
      • 418 posts

        Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

        Slightly worried!

        Emailed the resort for their room prices for next year and had a reply sayin there are no rooms avaliable until the 10th April 2011, although my wedding has been booked for 8th April...

        What the?!?!

        #1684 kymkymkym

        kymkymkym
        • Jr. Member
        • 217 posts

          Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

          Hi ladies,

          I haven't been around in a while - a whole lot going on in my life at the moment between moving and wedding planning I'm not sure what is going to be worse for the next few months!!! Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do :) Congrats Laura on your wedding this past friday - can't wait to see pictures. I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time to do anything in.. yiiiikes.

          #1685 lstaff

          lstaff
          • Newbie
          • 48 posts

            Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by roxmysockz
            Slightly worried!

            Emailed the resort for their room prices for next year and had a reply sayin there are no rooms avaliable until the 10th April 2011, although my wedding has been booked for 8th April...

            What the?!?!
            In my opinion, they have got to be confused or just wrong... if you have a TA I would contact them and have them talk to the resort about it. I was upset when I thought that the resort was booked for my wedding. I was furious thinking that they would let me book my wedding when the resort was full. I would definitely ask them for clarification...

            #1686 Ashlynn039

            Ashlynn039
            • Jr. Member
            • 355 posts

              Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by kymkymkym
              Hi ladies,

              I haven't been around in a while - a whole lot going on in my life at the moment between moving and wedding planning I'm not sure what is going to be worse for the next few months!!! Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do :) Congrats Laura on your wedding this past friday - can't wait to see pictures. I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time to do anything in.. yiiiikes.
              I wondered where you went off to! Welcome back & good luck on your move! I can't wait for Laura to come back and tell us all about her wedding and how it went :)

              #1687 SDbeachgirl

              SDbeachgirl
              • Jr. Member
              • 393 posts

                Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Boo
                We are getting married on a Friday but I still hope that most if not all will be there for the week, I am actually somewhat bumbed though cause our guests are indicating that they will be coming but we sent our save the dates a month ago and no one booked yet I know quite a few actually requested the time off work already which is great, but why is no one booking? sigh

                I sent my save the dates at the end of July and no one booked (including myself) until end of November. Most people who said they would come have booked. Some/Most of the "maybes" have decided they couldn't swing it. There are about 35 people (include my FI and me). This is what I figured from the very beginning.

                #1688 cathyandchin

                cathyandchin
                • Jr. Member
                • 294 posts

                  Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:24 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lstaff
                  Actually, at first I was all about the "welcome baskets" that I was going to leave in everyones room at the resort. However, I decided that I would give the gifts to our guests a couple of weeks before the trip. That way, it will get them even more excited about the their trip to our wedding (and I would save myself from the headache of shipping or taking the gifts with us). In my gift baskets, I am probably going to order some mexican candy/ snacks online (Mexican food and Mexican recipes at MexGrocer.com or Mexican Candy Store : Candy Wholesale : Dulces Mexicanos : Papel Picado : Molcajete : Party Supplies : Mifiesta.com : Jigsaw Puzzle). I also thought about giving everyone luggage tags, a magazine about the Riviera Maya (my TA ordered them for me), maracas, huggies or whatever people call them- Ive heard a lot of people say that their guests used the huggies the whole time they were at the resort. Anyway, I also thought about some other reading material that my friend and I would put together, like fun facts about Mexico or something like that. I believe there is a whole thread dedicated to OOT bags if you have time to look for it:)
                  OMG! this is such a good idea!! :-D Are you mailing them off to your guests or do most of them live nearby to be personally delivered?
                  What are huggies? I'm picturing diapers but somehow I don't think that's quite right... LOL!
                  http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

                  18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

                  #1689 rdsjcr

                  rdsjcr
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 224 posts

                    Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

                    For those of you who are doing welcome bags- how are you getting your stuff their? Also- I heard they have a COSTCO right near the resort... anyone? haha

                    #1690 Princess402

                    Princess402
                    • Member
                    • 737 posts

                      Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by rdsjcr
                      For those of you who are doing welcome bags- how are you getting your stuff their? Also- I heard they have a COSTCO right near the resort... anyone? haha
                      http://bestdestinati....g-there-51862/

                      I'm personally planning to bring everything down in extra luggage, between FI and myself, and probably some family members too! I might look at shipping some stuff down ahead of time... I would just really have to do my research and make sure it's not something that would get held up in customs - that would be awful! Normally I wouldn't even think of shipping anything down because I have heard it can be quite expensive, but FI's dad gets very good UPS rates through his work. I'm sure that there are some things that you could get once you are down there (i.e. Costco) and I think that's such a good idea rather than packing everything, but I'm also not sure that I want to have to worry about that once I'm there. I kind of just want to give my guests their OOT bags and get on with my vacation, and not have to go shopping the minute the plane lands!




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Google (1)