Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#1511 reaganlane

reaganlane
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

So, as it seems everyone is having a difficult time getting an answer from Ana. I am also planning on booking Claudia for my photographer and I am about to send her a deposit, so has anyone gotten a straight answer on having an outside photographer? As for the Plan B location if it rains...has Ana told any of you where or what it is?

#1512 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
    • 224 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:06 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by reaganlane
      So, as it seems everyone is having a difficult time getting an answer from Ana. I am also planning on booking Claudia for my photographer and I am about to send her a deposit, so has anyone gotten a straight answer on having an outside photographer? As for the Plan B location if it rains...has Ana told any of you where or what it is?
      Yes- We can have an outside photographer and IF they are staying at the resort there is NO fee. This is what she told me.

#1513 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
      • 355 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Boo
        rds I would imagine you can, a number of ladies on here are bringing in outside photographers and were able to get video for that, so I would imagine if you already have video with that vendor you would be able to extend it in lue of pictures

honestly Ana has been coming up with some outrageous fees, the fact that the DJ is over twice what they actually cost to be is just dumb founding, that being said we started our planning with the reception and after allot of frustrated hours and lack of sleep were actually to get over 1/3 off the original 'posted' price and get a whole bunch of other stuff included in the price that originally were note... my point being I think that this stuff is up for negotiation.
        So you negotiated with Ana? Do you mind if I ask what specific things you negotiated price on? (You don't have to mention prices at all, just things like.. centerpieces, etc!) And good for you for negotiating and getting a cheaper price!

#1514 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rdsjcr
          what DJ Are you using? What price were you quoted originally? And what about now? We were originally not going to use a DJ and now we are thinking we are- so we need to start over with this!
          DRC uses 2 dj’s Dorremix and Mannia

According to Ana (and I believe the wedding prices on the website) DJ services are 300 USD + taxes per hour minimum of 3 hours

Dorremix prices however, they let it out of the bag to other DRC brides which Ana now does not allow, is that their prices are actually USD 650 for 4 hours

So USD 650 vs. USD 1200 for the same 4 hours!!!

I was soo soooo mad when I found out, like the hotel tells us we have to chose between two DJs and then what in the world are they charging us an extra USD 550 for

Sorry it feels like I am just going on rants here, don’t get me started

#1515 Boo

Boo
          • 785 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by reaganlane
            Its actually quite nice, there are pictures of a wedding not the last pictures posted today but the ones of a wedding just prior (so just a couple of pages back, its the one with yellow ribbon on the chairs) that is the rain back up location

#1516 Boo

Boo
            • 785 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

reaganlane I double checked and yeah it was just literary posted – page 149

#1517 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
              • 224 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Boo
                DRC uses 2 dj’s Dorremix and Mannia

According to Ana (and I believe the wedding prices on the website) DJ services are 300 USD + taxes per hour minimum of 3 hours

Dorremix prices however, they let it out of the bag to other DRC brides which Ana now does not allow, is that their prices are actually USD 650 for 4 hours

So USD 650 vs. USD 1200 for the same 4 hours!!!

I was soo soooo mad when I found out, like the hotel tells us we have to chose between two DJs and then what in the world are they charging us an extra USD 550 for

Sorry it feels like I am just going on rants here, don’t get me started
                So what happened? Did you end up getting for the better price?? That is CRAZY!!

#1518 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

Oh I havent negotiated the price yet, we are not sure if we want to use the ipod anyway or go the DJ route

things that were negotiated were at Secrets Maroma, things like cocktail hour, chiavary chairs, speaker /microphone for reception, mariatchi trio etc. basically as part of our cocktail hour package these items are now included... I found that it was tougher to negotiate price and easier to just get things that you would want anyway included

#1519 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
                  • 224 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Boo
                    Oh I havent negotiated the price yet, we are not sure if we want to use the ipod anyway or go the DJ route

things that were negotiated were at Secrets Maroma, things like cocktail hour, chiavary chairs, speaker /microphone for reception, mariatchi trio etc. basically as part of our cocktail hour package these items are now included... I found that it was tougher to negotiate price and easier to just get things that you would want anyway included
                    Are you having your reception at DRC or Secrets? Sorry- I am confused- hahaha.

#1520 nbills511

nbills511
                    • 164 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Laura22610
                      Nicole...I just deleted the buffet menu from my computer by accident the other day I know, though, that it was posted it a few pages back. I had originally thought that the price for the buffet was the same as sit-down dinner but a few posts ago, someone said it was $48 pp. Hope that helps!
                      Oh nice...I'll look for it!! Thanks for the heads up :) That would be a HUGE bonus if it was only $48 per person!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users