Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#1501 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

Sometimes I resend her an email- if I dont get a response after 2 days... also some people on here told me that she will sub out things for others in the package-- she told me she cant... I dont get that and it pisses me off. Anyone??

#1502 lstaff

lstaff
    • 48 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

I tried emailing Ana (hopefully I had the correct email in the first place??)- This is the message I got last night. FYI, or maybe I am the last to know? :)

Dear Remiente
      Thank you for your e-mail notifying you that has been received, but due to recent changes to my mail: weddings@dreamsrivieracancun.com.mx will be canceled in the coming days due to the above, you are kindly requested to update our mailing address in your address book:
      weddings.drerc@dreamsresorts.com
      For your understanding, thanks.

#1503 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
      • 224 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lstaff
        I tried emailing Ana (hopefully I had the correct email in the first place??)- This is the message I got last night. FYI, or maybe I am the last to know? :)

Dear Remiente
        Thank you for your e-mail notifying you that has been received, but due to recent changes to my mail: weddings@dreamsrivieracancun.com.mx will be canceled in the coming days due to the above, you are kindly requested to update our mailing address in your address book:
        weddings.drerc@dreamsresorts.com
        For your understanding, thanks.
        I just got that too?? Who freaking knows

#1504 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
        • 355 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ebernard4985
          I think I am going to take a few days/weeks off from this wedding planning!!! My wedding is only about 4 months away and I never seem to get any straight answers from Ana, the resort, my TA... blah blah blah!!! I think I need a break to recharge! This process is so frustrating and not knowing what I need and do not need from Ana is starting to wear on my nerves!! ha ha!!

Here is another link to photos if anyone is interested. It looks like they had their ceremony on the pool deck I actually like the set up of the chairs w/o bows so I might forget about my chair bows. Also, I love her flowers and I am assuming this is what mine will look like since I want pink callas.
          Stephanie & Raoul
          I did the same thing.. when it started frustrating me and just being a source of aggrivation instead of joy I took a week or so off and didn't even THINK about anything wedding related :) It helped! But for everyone who seems to think destination weddings are "no stress" they are crazy. If one more person says this to me I might scream! I feel like it's more stress because nobody answers your questions like they would for a regular wedding!

#1505 t1219

t1219
          • 310 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ashlynn039
            I did the same thing.. when it started frustrating me and just being a source of aggrivation instead of joy I took a week or so off and didn't even THINK about anything wedding related :) It helped! But for everyone who seems to think destination weddings are "no stress" they are crazy. If one more person says this to me I might scream! I feel like it's more stress because nobody answers your questions like they would for a regular wedding!
            Hi Girls! I hear you!! Response times from the resort are outrageous. I ask a couple questions and then try to forget about it for a week b/c I know I won't get an answer for that long!!!

This website has been a great for my sanity...I just come here when I can't get answers from the resort!!!!

#1506 Boo

Boo
            • 785 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

ha ha I totally feel the same way Ashly, I keep telling people we are getting married in Mexico and they are oh yeah must be cheap and easy, and I want to be like well its actually more per person than it would be to do it at home, and I am spending countless hours because we dont actually have the luxury of meeting these vendors and actually knowing who it is that we are sending thousands of dollars to! When ever people try to tell me its cheap by now I am like well, we have to pay USD 15 per person per hour for the cocktail hour, or just to extend alchohol at the reception, and they are like oh really its not all free? sigh

At the end of the day though I am sure all of our days will be beautiful and exactly how we want them, its just quite a battle to get there!

#1507 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
              • 252 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by rdsjcr
                Sometimes I resend her an email- if I dont get a response after 2 days... also some people on here told me that she will sub out things for others in the package-- she told me she cant... I dont get that and it pisses me off. Anyone??
                I believe her general rule is you can substitute it for a similar service. You cannot substitute hair for food... but you could substitute hair for another spa service.... does that make sense? We were able to substitute the cocktail hour for additional guests at the reception because they are both food/beverage items. She also has said that I can substitute a bridal bouquet for a centerpiece, but it has to be the same service provider (salon, florist, photographer, ect)

#1508 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
                • 224 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:22 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ebernard4985
                  I believe her general rule is you can substitute it for a similar service. You cannot substitute hair for food... but you could substitute hair for another spa service.... does that make sense? We were able to substitute the cocktail hour for additional guests at the reception because they are both food/beverage items. She also has said that I can substitute a bridal bouquet for a centerpiece, but it has to be the same service provider (salon, florist, photographer, ect)
                  What about videographer for photographer? I know that in one of the pkgs you get a 30 min video or video of the ceremony-- does anyone know if we can get that extended or longer in lieu of the photographer?

#1509 Boo

Boo
                  • 785 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

rds I would imagine you can, a number of ladies on here are bringing in outside photographers and were able to get video for that, so I would imagine if you already have video with that vendor you would be able to extend it in lue of pictures

honestly Ana has been coming up with some outrageous fees, the fact that the DJ is over twice what they actually cost to be is just dumb founding, that being said we started our planning with the reception and after allot of frustrated hours and lack of sleep were actually to get over 1/3 off the original 'posted' price and get a whole bunch of other stuff included in the price that originally were note... my point being I think that this stuff is up for negotiation.

#1510 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
                    • 224 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Boo
                      rds I would imagine you can, a number of ladies on here are bringing in outside photographers and were able to get video for that, so I would imagine if you already have video with that vendor you would be able to extend it in lue of pictures

honestly Ana has been coming up with some outrageous fees, the fact that the DJ is over twice what they actually cost to be is just dumb founding, that being said we started our planning with the reception and after allot of frustrated hours and lack of sleep were actually to get over 1/3 off the original 'posted' price and get a whole bunch of other stuff included in the price that originally were note... my point being I think that this stuff is up for negotiation.
                      what DJ Are you using? What price were you quoted originally? And what about now? We were originally not going to use a DJ and now we are thinking we are- so we need to start over with this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users