Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#1471 Laura22610

Laura22610
  • Jr. Member
  • 468 posts

    Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfazzina
    Price per person buffet; $48 per person appz and cocktail hr: $26 per person Total 74 per person.. Has anyone had any luck being able to change the buffet menu We want to go with the international but want to change a few things. Ana said she would get bk to us. The crab won tons at dreams are AMAZING!
    What is the international buffet? I don't think I ever got a menu for that? I changed the desserts on the buffet with no problem. We are going with the Caribbean buffet. I didn't realize that the buffet was a different price than the sit-down dinner....that's a good surprise! :)

    #1472 Laura22610

    Laura22610
    • Jr. Member
    • 468 posts

      Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:41 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by nikkimadril
      Hello everyone! I love this thread, I've read so much great information already.

      Tyler & Nikki
      September 17th, 2010

      --just sent our deposit in on Monday (although we have not heard back from Ana that she received it - FH assures me that she is probably just very busy and from the posts here it seems this is common anyway)
      Congratulations! and Welcome!

      #1473 Ashlynn039

      Ashlynn039
      • Jr. Member
      • 355 posts

        Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Laura22610
        What is the international buffet? I don't think I ever got a menu for that? I changed the desserts on the buffet with no problem. We are going with the Caribbean buffet. I didn't realize that the buffet was a different price than the sit-down dinner....that's a good surprise! :)
        Laura are you doing the buffet because you have (because of the number of guests you have) or because you thought it was a better option? I ask because I was leaning towards the idea of a buffet and just wasn't sure if you were allowed to have one if you had under 30 (or whatever the number was) people

        You leave in just about a week - how exciting! Can't wait to hear your review of the place & your big day when you come back!

        #1474 Gemball

        Gemball
        • Newbie
        • 8 posts

          Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by saza175
          Hi everyone, I'm trying to get my date set in stone for Feb. 19th 2011 for sunset. I'm going through Destinationweddings.com, and so far I am really pleased with all the help they have given me. I am excited to hear some wedding reviews since this place is fairly new! RIght now I have 40 people on the guest list, so I would imagine that I'll have 35 show up. I can't decide on which package I want. I know that Dreams Tulum lets people eat off the regular menu for $20p/p instead of the silver or gold menu. Does anyone know?
          Hi Saza,

          I'm getting married on Feb 22, 2011, but fly out from the UK on Feb 13 - We're there two weeks in total. Not sure how many guests we'll have because it's quite expensive - 10 booked so far, but are staying in the Riu.

          #1475 Gemball

          Gemball
          • Newbie
          • 8 posts

            Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:01 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Gemball
            Hi Saza,

            I'm getting married on Feb 22, 2011, but fly out from the UK on Feb 13 - We're there two weeks in total. Not sure how many guests we'll have because it's quite expensive - 10 booked so far, but are staying in the Riu.
            Sorry - Thought I was in the Dreams Cancun thread!!

            #1476 rdsjcr

            rdsjcr
            • Jr. Member
            • 224 posts

              Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

              So I am having a hard time picking my flowers... haev you guys done that? I guess my "hard time" kind of involves Ana as well...as her answers confuse me. Can we ONLY pick what she sent us or can we pick out what we want and send to her??

              #1477 rdsjcr

              rdsjcr
              • Jr. Member
              • 224 posts

                Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:49 PM

                What are you guys doing for your music? I did not really like the idea of a DJ BUT for those of you who are not using one and are just using an IPOD... how are you making your reception flow??

                #1478 t1219

                t1219
                • Jr. Member
                • 310 posts

                  Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by rdsjcr
                  So I am having a hard time picking my flowers... haev you guys done that? I guess my "hard time" kind of involves Ana as well...as her answers confuse me. Can we ONLY pick what she sent us or can we pick out what we want and send to her??
                  The way I took it is that we can send her what we want for the flowers and she will quote it for us.

                  #1479 saza175

                  saza175
                  • Newbie
                  • 84 posts

                    Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

                    I just read through about 60% of the posts. ALOT of helpful info and pics on here! I'm thinking about doing the ultimate package, but I wanted to know if anyone knows... if i was to forego on the flowers from the package and bring my own, would they subtract that from the price, or substitutue something (maybe more people for dinner) ? Also, it seems like alot of money to rent out the speakers for the reception. ($180/hour??!!) I was going to make a playlist on my ipod and connect it to their speakers, but if it costs that much, I might as well get a DJ!

                    #1480 Princess402

                    Princess402
                    • Member
                    • 737 posts

                      Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by saza175
                      I just read through about 60% of the posts. ALOT of helpful info and pics on here! I'm thinking about doing the ultimate package, but I wanted to know if anyone knows... if i was to forego on the flowers from the package and bring my own, would they subtract that from the price, or substitutue something (maybe more people for dinner) ? Also, it seems like alot of money to rent out the speakers for the reception. ($180/hour??!!) I was going to make a playlist on my ipod and connect it to their speakers, but if it costs that much, I might as well get a DJ!
                      I'm pretty sure that they won't subtract the cost, but you might be able to get something else substituted... however, as a general rule, they do say that the packages are not subject to change. So if you don't want something that's in the package then it's your problem! But really I think it just depends on what specific thing you are asking about, and also whether you are asking for one change to the package or many. If you ask Ana real nice though you might be able to get something for not using the flowers - typically it would be more of something that's already in the package rather than something totally new.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users