Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#1461 lilly129

lilly129
  • Jr. Member
  • 350 posts

    Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

    I have an email from Ana saying they will make an "exception" for me to use an outside photographer - so I would absolutely get it in an email and then print that email and keep it somewhere safe so when you get there you can refer to it.

    #1462 AlisonJimmy

    AlisonJimmy
    • Jr. Member
    • 198 posts

      Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:08 AM

      Thanks everyone!! I emailed Claudia about her photography prices...I have heard she is expensive? Did you get any prices from her? I really want nice pictures. It gets so confusing with Ana..my TA is the one always speaking to her.

      #1463 Megan24

      Megan24
      • Jr. Member
      • 271 posts

        Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:33 AM

        Did you book your flights and resort as a package? Or are you doing it separately? Flights prices seem so high right now. This whole thing is getting to be a little extravagant for a trip for everyone coming. Is anyone else having problems with the price of the resort and flights?

        #1464 saza175

        saza175
        • Newbie
        • 84 posts

          Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

          Hi everyone, I'm trying to get my date set in stone for Feb. 19th 2011 for sunset. I'm going through Destinationweddings.com, and so far I am really pleased with all the help they have given me. I am excited to hear some wedding reviews since this place is fairly new! RIght now I have 40 people on the guest list, so I would imagine that I'll have 35 show up. I can't decide on which package I want. I know that Dreams Tulum lets people eat off the regular menu for $20p/p instead of the silver or gold menu. Does anyone know?

          #1465 nbills511

          nbills511
          • Jr. Member
          • 164 posts

            Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:12 PM

            Hi girls....does anyone know the price per person for the buffet? Also, I've read on other threads that you can forego the cocktail hour in your package in exchange for about 10 more people for dinner. Have any of you been able to do that with your packages?
            Thanks!
            Nicole

            #1466 jfazzina

            jfazzina
            • Newbie
            • 52 posts

              Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by kcgcristyn
              I bought 24 maracas for $34.99 on partymart.com and painted them myself. Make sure you check the size because they sell a lot of mini maracas. My colors are pink and green and I also painted a starfish on them. I am only having about 20 guests so this seemed more reasonable. I also printed tags to hang on them that say "Shake at kiss". They turned out perfect and look a lot like one of my logos. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out. I am getting married April 17, 2010 and haven't finalized a lot of details with Ana and starting to wonder if there is anything I am forgetting! I love all the ideas on here! Thanks girls!

              Khara
              Khara- I love your idea! My colors are Fuscia and green with starfish!! Can you post what you did?? I have lots of ideas going through my head but want to paint the starfish Fuscia.. I would love to get the hanging chinese lanterns as well. I think Ana said it would be a fee of $200 to hang them.

              I also am having a guy we know design our wedding website- it will match our PAPERLESS POST SAVE THE DATES- OUR WEDDING INVITES- & WEBSITE. Just an idea for you LADIES- so far it looks GREAT. A suggestion- When my FI and I went to Mexico in Nov we had the house photographer at Secrets take some beach pics. We wore all white! The pics came out fabulous. We are actually using him for our wedding. He no longer works for Secrets Capri and he works at Excellence now. His name is Jamie Torres. I will post what everything looks like as soon as it is up and running. The site will be PBJWEDINMEXICO.com.

              #1467 jfazzina

              jfazzina
              • Newbie
              • 52 posts

                Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by nbills511
                Hi girls....does anyone know the price per person for the buffet? Also, I've read on other threads that you can forego the cocktail hour in your package in exchange for about 10 more people for dinner. Have any of you been able to do that with your packages?
                Thanks!
                Nicole
                Price per person buffet; $48 per person appz and cocktail hr: $26 per person Total 74 per person.. Has anyone had any luck being able to change the buffet menu We want to go with the international but want to change a few things. Ana said she would get bk to us. The crab won tons at dreams are AMAZING!

                #1468 nikkimadril

                nikkimadril
                • Newbie
                • 95 posts

                  Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

                  Hello everyone! I love this thread, I've read so much great information already.

                  Tyler & Nikki
                  September 17th, 2010

                  --just sent our deposit in on Monday (although we have not heard back from Ana that she received it - FH assures me that she is probably just very busy and from the posts here it seems this is common anyway)

                  #1469 lilly129

                  lilly129
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 350 posts

                    Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nikkimadril
                    Hello everyone! I love this thread, I've read so much great information already.

                    Tyler & Nikki
                    September 17th, 2010

                    --just sent our deposit in on Monday (although we have not heard back from Ana that she received it - FH assures me that she is probably just very busy and from the posts here it seems this is common anyway)
                    YAY!! Congrats!!! Ron and I are getting married on September 18 2010!!!! So exciting!!!

                    Don't stress yet - she never gets back over the weekends - usually on Tuesdays or wednesdays I hear from her.

                    #1470 rdsjcr

                    rdsjcr
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 224 posts

                      Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by saza175
                      Hi everyone, I'm trying to get my date set in stone for Feb. 19th 2011 for sunset. I'm going through Destinationweddings.com, and so far I am really pleased with all the help they have given me. I am excited to hear some wedding reviews since this place is fairly new! RIght now I have 40 people on the guest list, so I would imagine that I'll have 35 show up. I can't decide on which package I want. I know that Dreams Tulum lets people eat off the regular menu for $20p/p instead of the silver or gold menu. Does anyone know?
                      Hey! I have been using them too. I work with Sue Allen. She is great. She helps me with every little decision! We have been working together since the week after I got engaged in November and so far we have about 30 guests booked. I think they are very helpful!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users