Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#12071 Sheaka

Sheaka
  • 68 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Gazebo
  • LocationTampa, Fla.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

Hello fellow Brides, do they allow for us to customize our own ceremony?

#12072 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
  • Site Supporter
  • 206 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Customize for what?  Decorations? Script?  Yes to decorations and I think so with symbolic script, but not legal script.  I am adding a sand ceremony and that's ok.  

#12073 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
  • Site Supporter
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Do you know what time Desires starts their dancing?  I'm going to have people go there after the reception to continue the party. Thanks

#12074 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

Do you know what time Desires starts their dancing?  I'm going to have people go there after the reception to continue the party. Thanks

Good question! I'm sure when the party gets there!! Wow your date is around the corner!

#12075 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
    • Site Supporter
    • 206 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Good question! I'm sure when the party gets there!! Wow your date is around the corner!

Yes it is as Claudia emailed me asking for my wedding planning form.  Oops.  Trying to fill that out and do all the planning.  I've been busy doing all the diy stuff.  

#12076 Sheaka

Sheaka
    • 68 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 14, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Gazebo
    • LocationTampa, Fla.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

Hi Fellow Brides,

Is anyone bringing their own dj? Or has anyone had their wedding and brought their own dj? If so, is the equipment rental enough to have a dj set up and play music maybe from an ipad or something?

Thanks.

#12077 Bride2b15

Bride2b15
    • 151 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams riviera cancun mexico

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hi

I am booking my wedding at DRC and wondered if anyone has had any freebies or upgrades and how to go about inquiring for them.

#12078 MrandMrsRogo2013

MrandMrsRogo2013
    • 5 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 1, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

Here is the link to our rehearsal video - we decided to go with an outside videographer for our wedding but we were able to use the video that came with the package for our rehearsal :-)

https://www.youtube....8&feature=share

#12079 MrandMrsRogo2013

MrandMrsRogo2013
    • 5 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 1, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

This might sound crazy but I had an excel spreadsheet of when all my guests were going to arrive - and my husband and I greeted every guest (for the most part) in the lobby - it was fun for us and it was important that we took the time to welcome each of them to the resort - we did our own welcome bags and gave them their bags when we greeted them, it was a lot of fun !! we ordered custom drawstring bags online and we also ordered custom neck wallets - both were super useful around the resort - we also ordered biodegradable sunscreen, facesticks, chapsticks and bug spray online - other ideas: laundry bags, after bite, aspirin, candy, t-shirts, hats, coozies or cups to keep your drinks cold, beach balls, vitaminC, water cameras, oh and we ordered these super cute do not disturb door hangers (off etsy I think) that said something like I partied all night at Jess&Zach's wedding with the date .. loved them! hope that helps!

I honestly hadn't thought about it.  I have a feeling that by the time I get done packing there will be a lot of stuff that ends up staying here LOL. In all seriousness, I'll likely bring it because it's a huge photo opportunity. 

Anyone doing welcome bags?  If so, what's your plan?  How are buying and transporting everything, or are you going to purchase the items in Mexico?  Are you going to have Dreams distribute to the room for the $3/room fee?  Are you going to arrive before the guests to have in their rooms?   We're going back and forth on this one.  any suggestions...

#12080 btho87

btho87
    • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hello. Did anyone have their hair and makeup done at the resort? How much did it cost? And how did it turn out? Did they use false lashes? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users