Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#11771 jillann13

jillann13
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Can anyone tell me when a coordinator or someone will get in touch with me or if I should reach out?  We are booked for April 24th and I really haven't heard anything from anyone except the confirmation, menu options and budget planner that were all emailed to me.

Thanks

#11772 lynseyloo0812

lynseyloo0812
    • 7 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well learned my lesson the hard way. Spent $200 to ship two large boxes via UPS to the resort and they are now being sent back because I had starfish and shells in the boxes. Very frustrating but thankful I'm getting the items back. Just thought I would warn everyone! Time to buy another suitcase!

#11773 vandeni

vandeni
      • 4 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 28, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
      • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

They say most of the planning is done about about 3 months before the wedding, and when you arrive at the hotel. We are getting married on the 28th of April, 2014. I have booked the photography, and dj for our wedding. We went to the resort to meet our wedding co-ordinator, Elisa. She was really quick to get back to me if it was something that was needed to be done, but some items take a bit longer, probably since they are not a priority. I wouldn't worry, they are used to planning weddings in a couple days time. 

#11774 vandeni

vandeni
      • 4 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 28, 2014

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

They say most of the planning is done about about 3 months before the wedding, and when you arrive at the hotel. We are getting married on the 28th of April, 2014. I have booked the photography, and dj for our wedding. We went to the resort to meet our wedding co-ordinator, Elisa. She was really quick to get back to me if it was something that was needed to be done, but some items take a bit longer, probably since they are not a priority. I wouldn't worry, they are used to planning weddings in a couple days time. 

#11775 DWB2B2014

DWB2B2014
      • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lynseyloo0812 

Well learned my lesson the hard way. Spent $200 to ship two large boxes via UPS to the resort and they are now being sent back because I had starfish and shells in the boxes. Very frustrating but thankful I'm getting the items back. Just thought I would warn everyone! Time to buy another suitcase!

I have starfish I want to bring down as well. Do you think we will just pack it in the suitecase then? Or do we need to be making alternate plans?

#11776 kellynnrose

kellynnrose
        • 22 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 24, 2014

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

i really wanted to have my wedding on the pool deck or terrace and everyone is concerned my 2 year old nephew is going to try and jump in the pool... can DRC put up any barriers that arent too noticeable?

#11777 babystace1985

babystace1985
        • 155 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by loripanori 

In case it helps, here is an excel file showing the differences between the 3 packages.

This was great, thank you!

Attached Files

Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

#11778 MrsSmith2BMex

MrsSmith2BMex
          • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

If you have her e-mail send her a message.  I have had a lot of contact with mine and although she takes a while to reply she has been ok. However since I sent my wedding planner in a month ago she hasnt given me any feedback from it.  My wedding is only 7 weeks away now.  My TA has been pushing for a response.  I still havent filled in my legal form and I am finding it really hard because I want to confirm an estimated cost.  The flowers I want are different to the standard bouquets and we are having the Weddings in Paradise with add ons as our wedding is only for 7 us included.

I have read over and over that communication is an issue prior to the wedding but when you get to your resort its fine.  I hope this is the case for us too.

Good luck

Lou

#11779 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
            • 243 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hey girls! How far in advance did you let yourWC know what you want for your menu choices??? Thanks!

#11780 lynseyloo0812

lynseyloo0812
              • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

I have starfish I want to bring down as well. Do you think we will just pack it in the suitecase then? Or do we need to be making alternate plans?

I plan on taking them in my suitcase now. I hope the customs at the airport will be more flexible since its for a wedding. We leave January 15 so I'll let you know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users