Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#11751 jillann13

jillann13
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

can't wait to see pics from everyone.  we've been reading everyone's suggestions and thoughts and are excited.  We are confirmed for April 24th but haven't heard from anyone at the resort.  Im guessing we will in January? (hopefully).

Does anyone know if we could supply our own colored paper lanterns for the lantern trees or strings and have them discounted?

#11752 MrsSmith2BMex

MrsSmith2BMex
    • 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

My wedding is just over 2 months away:D and its all coming together now.  My sand ceremony kit has arrived, I have my bridesmaid dresses and shoes.  My H2B has just had his suit tailored and my wedding dress fitting is in a weeks time.  We pick our wedding rings up next week.  I just need to choose ribbon and gems to use on my bouquets and we are all ready.  Any other late December early January brides out there? We arrive on 28th of December and our wedding is January 6th.

Lou

#11753 MrsSmith2BMex

MrsSmith2BMex
      • 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

I have just been speaking to our photographer and found out that our wedding day is a very special one for the people of Mexico. Its the celebration of Dia de Reyes or Epiphany which is the day they exchange gifts. Makes it even more special.

Lou

#11754 kellynnrose

kellynnrose
        • 22 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 24, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
        • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

the email packet i got says 15% surcharge for decorations from the outside so make sure its worth it for the laterns! :)

#11755 kellynnrose

kellynnrose
        • 22 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 24, 2014
        • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrsSmith2BMex 

My wedding is just over 2 months away:D and its all coming together now.  My sand ceremony kit has arrived, I have my bridesmaid dresses and shoes.  My H2B has just had his suit tailored and my wedding dress fitting is in a weeks time.  We pick our wedding rings up next week.  I just need to choose ribbon and gems to use on my bouquets and we are all ready.  Any other late December early January brides out there? We arrive on 28th of December and our wedding is January 6th.

Lou

congrats im in May and cant wait!!!!!!!!

#11756 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
        • 243 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

I always thought they setup for free!!!

#11757 newmrskassner

newmrskassner
          • 18 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 29, 2014
          • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

I think that a lot of the pricing has changed for next year. That seems to be the case for all of the new additional charges that people are talking about now. I'm not excited to see how much more my wedding will cost than I originally anticipated... I just keep telling myself that it will all be worth it, and it will be amazing like;) everyone says ;)

#11758 lynseyloo0812

lynseyloo0812
          • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

Any January 18th brides out there?? Getting close!! So excited everything is coming together :)

#11759 lindsayczach

lindsayczach
            • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

The fee for the Oceana was $1,000 USD. There was no way around that for us as everywhere else was taken already. 

#11760 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
              • 243 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lindsayczach 

The fee for the Oceana was $1,000 USD. There was no way around that for us as everywhere else was taken already.

When is your date dear? maybe because "That's all that is left" maybe you can work out a deal..otherwise just take a breath its going to  be amazing! and just think it would be so much more expensive at home!! good luck!! I have Oceana also

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users