Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#11731 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yes

Hi! I am new to this thread. Our wedding date is 08/16/2014!! Question, how are you ladies booking your group? Are you going through a travel agent? Thanks and congratulations to all!!

yes travel agent! Soo helpful and takes care of all your guests reservations

#11732 Magali0622

Magali0622
    • 18 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Thanks! That's what we are trying to coordinate because we are in TX, but all our family is in IL. Did you go with a travel agent in your town or a big chain like Apple?

#11733 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
      • 243 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

Thanks! That's what we are trying to coordinate because we are in TX, but all our family is in IL. Did you go with a travel agent in your town or a big chain like Apple?

her name is Gilbert the vacation lady works with travel impressions.. Goggle her and read all her reviews she's great she's in my area however can had worked with ppl all over !

#11734 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
        • 243 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

her name is Gilbert the vacation lady works with travel impressions.. Goggle her and read all her reviews she's great she's in my area however can had worked with ppl all over !

her name is mindy Gilbert

#11735 lindsayczach

lindsayczach
          • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

I need help! I am getting married at DRC January 25, 2014. 

I had a lot of contact with Claudia when I first reserved the date but have not heard from her in two months. I'm getting really worried that I won't get everything done. All the posts are great but I've been unable to find some answers. I'd really appreciate any insight to these questions:

- My reception is at Oceana, what decorations do I need to have? I'd like to bring as much as I can but I have no idea what the restaurant looks like with no decorations.

- My cocktail hour is at the Jacuzzi, we have 45 guests and it looks really small, do you think it will be okay?

- My rehearsal Cocktail Hour is on the beach, any idea what decorations I should plan on for that?

- My friend is coming as my photographer so we did not purchase an extra package but we did get the Dreams Ultimate package that comes with photo and video. Did anyone use just the video that comes with the package? How did that turn out? Does anyone have contact for a videographer and how expensive is that?

- I haven't received any planning documents from Claudia except the Budget Planner, is there anyone else you'd suggest to contact? 

Any advice would be great! Thank you!

#11736 JBarks

JBarks
            • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DWB2B2014 

Tablelinendirect.com I ordered the embroidered overlays and chair sashes in pool plus napkins and a satin table cloth for the head table. I've been trying different ties of the sashes to see what I like best. I can't decide. I guess I have over 5 months to figure it out. If only I had a white tiffany chair to practice with :P

This is the best site I've found for linens as well, but I'm scared of what the duty will be since the order will be coming from the states. Do you remember roughly how much duty you were charged? Thanks!

#11737 JBarks

JBarks
              • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Hey Ladies, This is probably a dumb question but when the technician was playing your cd or ipod before the ceremony, how did they transition from song to song. The song for my bridesmaid is not going to be close to over by the time I'd be wanting my down the aisle song to start, so do they just do an abrupt stop of the first song and start playing the other, or is there some way to fade between? Just not sure how this works!

#11738 lindsayczach

lindsayczach
                • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Hey Ladies I need some help! I am getting married at DRC January 25, 2014. 

I had a lot of contact with Claudia when I first reserved the date but have not heard from her in two months. I'm getting really worried that I won't get everything done. All the posts are great but I've been unable to find some answers. I'd really appreciate any insight to these questions:

- My reception is at Oceana, what decorations do I need to have? I'd like to bring as much as I can but I have no idea what the restaurant looks like with no decorations.

- My cocktail hour is at the Jacuzzi, we have 45 guests and it looks really small, do you think it will be okay?

- My rehearsal Cocktail Hour is on the beach, any idea what decorations I should plan on for that?

- My friend is coming as my photographer so we did not purchase an extra package but we did get the Dreams Ultimate package that comes with photo and video. Did anyone use just the video that comes with the package? How did that turn out? Does anyone have contact for a videographer and how expensive is that?

- I haven't received any planning documents from Claudia except the Budget Planner, is there anyone else you'd suggest to contact? 

#11739 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
                  • 243 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hey Ladies I need some help! I am getting married at DRC January 25, 2014. 

good luck with everything! I am also booked at Oceana so look forward to seeing pictures an hearing the setup with tables and decor as well!

#11740 MrsSmith2BMex

MrsSmith2BMex
                    • 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

Contact Gabriela Salinas her email is weddings.drerc@dreamsresorts.com she is the Weddings Manager. I sent my planner in a few weeks ago, I dont think there are any other documents unless your wedding is legal.  I am getting married a few weeks before you on January 6th :0)

Lou

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)