Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#11641 Britt N Adam

Britt N Adam
  • Site Supporter
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Quick Question to Past DRC brides, 

What photo packages did you go with and what do you wish you have done differently (more photos, less photos, got a videographer). Any insights would be helpful!

Thank YOU!

#11642 ZachJess2013

ZachJess2013
    • Banned
    • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

FYI-we used a credit card to pay our room charges which included about 1400 for hair and makeup-we have had credit card fraud since-not sure if this is related but a few other girls posted this-I think opening a card just to use for dreams may be a great idea

#11643 ZachJess2013

ZachJess2013
      • Banned
      • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hi th

ZackJess I love the mother of the bride tank tops with the starfish.  Where did you find them?  Thanks

Hi, the tanks I ordered off of etsy (love esty)-unique and trendy was the name :-)

#11644 ZachJess2013

ZachJess2013
        • Banned
        • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hi Everyone, so I have a bit of a personal question, I have gone with the ultimate package, but I'm wondering how much everyone else ended up paying in 'extras' when they got there, I have a price list but just want to make sure I have the right sort of price in mind, as it seems I will only get this price right before the wedding... these are the main extras I want - -LED dance floor -fire dancers (has anyone else had these)? -bridesmaid/arch/centerpieces flowers etc -some lighting -Music I was thinking of just going for the I pod dock to keep costs down? and then using the trio from the package for the ceremony rather than the cocktail hour? (has anyone done this) - Photographer it says on the form I can add hours on for $99 Has anyone done this? anyway for all the extras I am budgeting for about $3500 am I being to optimistic? any help would be great with this? x

We had the ultimate package and paid the 500 deposit-we had 32 guests total-our final balance was like 7400-which included the light up dance floor, like 25 lanterns, 7 lights for under the tables-8 bridesmaid bouquets, 9 boutineers, pedals for the isle, flowers for the hair which I did not use-the cigar roller for the cocktail hour-the sound system for the ceremony-we brought our own decor-bows, isle decor and table center pieces-I gave them an idea of what I wanted for bouquets and told them to keep them 50 max each-we tried to keep it super simple and didn't add a ton-we used an external videographer and photographer so that was not part of the 7400-we paid an additional like 3600 for them-and then an additional 1400 at the salon for 13 girls for hair and makeup including my trial run-our room for seven nights was covered by our group block credit which was awesome-the 7400 also does not include any tips which we probably spent a good $500-so I hope this helps give you an idea-we were a good 13,000 for the actual wedding

#11645 ZachJess2013

ZachJess2013
          • Banned
          • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

We had the ultimate package and paid the 500 deposit-we had 32 guests total-our final balance was like 7400-which included the light up dance floor, like 25 lanterns, 7 lights for under the tables-8 bridesmaid bouquets, 9 boutineers, pedals for the isle, flowers for the hair which I did not use-the cigar roller for the cocktail hour-the sound system for the ceremony-we brought our own decor-bows, isle decor and table center pieces-I gave them an idea of what I wanted for bouquets and told them to keep them 50 max each-we tried to keep it super simple and didn't add a ton-we used an external videographer and photographer so that was not part of the 7400-we paid an additional like 3600 for them-and then an additional 1400 at the salon for 13 girls for hair and makeup including my trial run-our room for seven nights was covered by our group block credit which was awesome-the 7400 also does not include any tips which we probably spent a good $500-so I hope this helps give you an idea-we were a good 13,000 for the actual wedding

Oh and we had the DJ for three hours of course-wanted the fire dancers but I think it was like 800-we didn't want to spend that-they had fire dancers some nights as part of the resort entertainment, good enough for us :-) we didn't upgrade my bouquet or the cake-just used what came with the package

#11646 ZachJess2013

ZachJess2013
            • Banned
            • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

Oh and we had the DJ for three hours of course-wanted the fire dancers but I think it was like 800-we didn't want to spend that-they had fire dancers some nights as part of the resort entertainment, good enough for us :-) we didn't upgrade my bouquet or the cake-just used what came with the package

And when I say we paid for 32 guests-20 were included-so we paid for 12 extra guests-do you have the budget excel spreadsheet ? That will help you plan exactly-I can email it to you if you want :-)

#11647 kay2015

kay2015
              • 222 posts
              • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
              • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Congrats to all you brides to be

#11648 ZachJess2013

ZachJess2013
              • Banned
              • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

We

Hi Lovely Ladies!! So I have had my wedding date confirmed for 3rd October 2014!! So exciting :) In the confirmation, it provided the photographer and DJ details and advised them to contact them directly, it may sound silly, but do I just email them advising when my wedding is? I'm not really sure! Also, I'm really struggling to pick a song to play when we are signing/fingerprinting everything.. any ideas please? Thanks so much in advance!! xx 

We played Man and Wife by Michelle Featherstone-check it out :-)

#11649 ZachJess2013

ZachJess2013
                • Banned
                • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Quick Question to Past DRC brides,  What photo packages did you go with and what do you wish you have done differently (more photos, less photos, got a videographer). Any insights would be helpful! Thank YOU!

Definitely get a videographer-after the wedding it's all you have to relive the day! I am really looking forward to getting ours and getting to see it all over again :-) we planned an hour and a half for photos and ended up running out of time-give yourself lots of time

#11650 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
                  • 243 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hello!! How much were you quoted for the cigar roller?? Also how much were the updos per girl?? You paid for them??? Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)