Originally Posted by BrieD
Hello!! I am getting married May 24, 2014 at the Dreams Riviera Cancun! I am totally excited! I have a few questions for those who have had their wedding already.
1) Which DJ did you book?
2) Which photographer did you use?
3) Did anyone use a videographer. If so how long and what package?
4) Where did you hold the cocktail hour?
5) What time was your wedding? What is the most desirable for pictures?
6) Where did you hold the rehearsal dinner?
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
1. Our DJ was Jorge Chagoya from AVI-SPL. The resort assigned him to us, we didn't choose him. He was great with communicating in advance, but we weren't totally happy with the job he did by the end of the night. It didn't seem like he had done any work on our playlist in advance - he played some songs from our do not play list, and he played some songs twice. He also wasn't playing any of our specific requests, so we had to go ask him to start playing these, and it seemed like he just downloaded the ones we asked for right on the spot, even though we had sent him an extensive list ahead of time.
2. We had Santiago from Adventure Photos. He was great. We still don't have our slideshow for some reason, but you can see our photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152798401285142.1073741826.646940141&type=1&l=7be7db9bd9
3. We had the videographer package included in the ultimate package, and are really happy with how it turned out. You can see our video here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vRv6MIAelSc
4. We didn't have a formal cocktail hour, just had our guests gather at the beach bar similar to Savannah.
5. Our wedding was on April 18th, and we had our ceremony at 4pm. There was both an earlier wedding and a later wedding that day. Santiago suggested this time to me, because we wanted to make sure we had good light for a lot of pictures after the ceremony. He said if it's an overcast day you will lose light really fast on the beach, so it's better to err on the early side. Most of the weddings I saw during our week were between 4 and 6 pm. The sunset time for our date on this site was 7:08pm: http://www.timeandda...n&afl=-11&day=1 The sun started to go behind the buildings around 6:30, and it was pretty dusky by 7.
6. We also didn't do a rehearsal dinner (or a rehearsal!). We had a small group, and didn't see the need to add an extra event.